Showdown RACE thread

she has tons of friends from indycar but haters too, Im sure

She was the only driver who couldn't sign autographs or meet fans in the fan zone in Baltimore.. She was the only driver who wasn't accessible to the media. She was the only driver who wasn't around in the paddock area.

I remember seeing a bunch of people come as Danica Patrick fans and leave as Simona de Silvestro fans.

Trust me, she wore out her welcome in IndyCar.

She was the only driver who couldn't sign autographs or meet fans in the fan zone in Baltimore.. She was the only driver who wasn't accessible to the media. She was the only driver who wasn't around in the paddock area.

I remember seeing a bunch of people come as Danica Patrick fans and leave as Simona de Silvestro fans.

Trust me, she wore out her welcome in IndyCar.

I don't like that, Andy....Not one of favorite things to learn

He puts alot on his shoulders and is probably more dissapointed/frustrated in himself.

He isn't any harder on himself than anybody else. He's just more lovable.

10 years ago so who gives a ****e. People mature as they get older and she's a perfect example of that. Most of the drivers who grow up in Indy are a bunch of spoiled brats.
This is true. Can you picture indycar danica setting up an instgram account for fans to learn about her life?

10 years ago so who gives a ****e. People mature as they get older and she's a perfect example of that. Most of the drivers who grow up in Indy are a bunch of spoiled brats.

Five years ago, not 10. And it doesn't change that every other driver was accessible to fans at Baltimore except her. And, trust me, a lot of people talked about it too.

Although, to some degree, I always wrote it off as her not caring anymore because she was going to NASCAR.

This is true. Can you picture indycar danica setting up an instgram account for fans to learn about her life?

Using social media is almost a requirement this day and age for athletes. And social media wasn't as influential when she was in IndyCar.

This is quickly turning into another Danica bashing thread bound for the podium.

He isn't any harder on himself than anybody else. He's just more lovable.
Imo hes got tons of pressure to fill in 2 pairs of shoes & he knows his potential. So any time something goes wrong he is too hard on himself. Hes quick to take the blame.

This is quickly turning into another Danica bashing thread bound for the podium.
There is 0 reason every negative Danica thread needs to go to the podium. Thats just lazy moderating. Its not fair that Danica threads get thrown in the podium but any other negative thread about X driver does not. We have moderators that should moderate, not just take the easy way out & throw it in the trash pile.

There is 0 reason every negative Danica thread needs to go to the podium. Thats just lazy moderating. Its not fair that Danica threads get thrown in the podium but any other negative thread about X driver does not. We have moderators that should moderate, not just take the easy way out & throw it in the trash pile.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion but mine is that after 5 years of the same old bashing I and most of the others are tired of it.

This is extremely showdown related. She did minimal racing this morning and now we get to watch her struggle again tonight.
Okay. Her fans like her better than Ryan's. :cheers:

The whole voting thing in general is a joke and was designed to get DP in. Has nothing to do with Ryan Blaney.
How can that be? Do you know how long they've had the fan vote to get in the ASR? She's been racing in Nascar since 2004? That's the year Nextel initiated the fan vote to get a driver in.

How can that be? Do you know how long they've had the fan vote to get in the ASR? She's been racing in Nascar since 2004? That's the year Nextel initiated the fan vote to get a driver in.

Oh yeah, it was created to get Jr in. Haha my bad. Could have sworn it was later on though, when he was already signed to HMS

The 2nd spot was for sure designed for her though, after Josh Wise was voted in.

Imo hes got tons of pressure to fill in 2 pairs of shoes & he knows his potential. So any time something goes wrong he is too hard on himself. Hes quick to take the blame.

No question, but again, he processes all this in a lovable way. There are drivers who shall remain nameless who appal people with their post-race reaction that are as hard on themselves but have a different type of reputation. Honestly, man, I am tired of hearing about how hard he is on himself. Professional athletes tend to be that way. He isn't any different IMO, but it plays well.

Oh yeah, it was created to get Jr in. Haha my bad. Could have sworn it was later on though, when he was already signed to HMS
The 2nd spot was for sure designed for her though, after Josh Wise was voted in.
They said in the booth today that the rules are that no less than 20 will race in the ARS. JG didn't race so they only had 19 entered. So they added the second place fan vote to bring it to 20.

Reactions: Pat
They said in the booth today that the rules are that no less than 20 will race in the ARS. JG didn't race so they only had 19 entered. So they added the second place fan vote to bring it to 20.

You know what, you're totally right. For whatever reason I thought there was a second winner last year too. I need to take a nap.

Danica last week got her first top 15 in a calendar year, since the spring Dover race last year. That's god awful. Even Dibbenedetto has a top 10 this year in a BK car, he would've been better. If she's an all star then I'm wondering when we're gonna enter me in a racing forums sponsored car with Andy as crew chief. I'm confident I would outrun her

This is what he should have done last week . Nice move today

OMG! We agree again. One or the other. Either Larson is a good boy or a bad boy. Choose. I am getting confused.

Didn't Jeff Gordon set the precedence for that a while back? Maybe 'Jeff made the call'.

No he is totally unbiased. Didn't you watch the race and listen to his commentary? Wait.

Whats the weather looking like at the track? Raining?

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

OMG! We agree again. One or the other. Either Larson is a good boy or a bad boy. Choose. I am getting confused.

The answer is Larson should've driven how he did today last weekend too. I think after sitting for a week and thinking about he regretted being too conservative and wasn't gonna miss getting another checkered flag today, especially since it's win or go home. I didn't want him to dump kenseth but he could've driven it hard into the turn and rubbed doors with him like he did today. But it all worked out. Matt got his win last week, Larson this week. As for chase, I love him but he needs to get the hell over it lol. He flat out dumped Ty Dillon at Mosport 3 years ago (checkers or wreckers didn't have a problem with it) and hacksawed the crap out of Joey at Daytona. He needs to not be a hypocrite but I think he was more mad at himself for losing control with two to go

I know you folks enjoy hard racing, but these guys have to drive these cars later tonight. Larson was beat. If your only defense is to pancake a guy into the wall I just don't have much respect for that.
. Your boy Jeff put the boot to people for wins. At least Kyle raced him and gave him a chance. And an exciting finish.

He needs to not be a hypocrite but I think he was more mad at himself for losing control with two to go
When did Chase say anything negative about Larson's racing? I watched the replay 3 times and all he did was smile and answer the questions. He said that Larson did what he had to do to win the race. No threats , no innuendos, nothing that I could find. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom