SHR xfinity team

Yeah, my apologies; I forgot completely about that. Penske's good for several years, but Ford definitely doesn't have enough talent under development for Roush and SHR. Roush will be losing Biffle in a couple of seasons, Bayne isn't showing much improvement, and Bubba Wallace is at least another season from moving up. Who else is in the pipeline?
Ty Majeski signed a developmental deal with Roush, I have a feeling Blaney ends up with SHR. Probably a plan for Reddick in the twelve with Penske after a vet drives it for two/three years (Menard?)

I think Penske will move Blaney to his house and train the next comer at the Wood bros.
It keeps them in Business and running full time. It also gives Penske a place to move chassis with out scrapping them. For now I think the Wood Bros. is one of the better training teams of all third tear teams. They are running at times during the race with the top teams.

I think Penske will move Blaney to his house and train the next comer at the Wood bros.
It keeps them in Business and running full time. It also gives Penske a place to move chassis with out scrapping them. For now I think the Wood Bros. is one of the better training teams of all third tear teams. They are running at times during the race with the top teams.
I agree except for calling the Woods a third tier team. Their alliance with Penske and returning to full-time status has definitely put them in the second tier.

I agree except for calling the Woods a third tier team. Their alliance with Penske and returning to full-time status has definitely put them in the second tier.

Yeah I agree. They've run quite well this year, and I really like seeing the 21 every weekend again. That's how it's supposed to be.

so SHR switching to ford had nothing to do with them starting their own FORD team instead of using junior motorsports. um ok.

SHR does need to start poaching some young talent though. Wouldn't mind seeing JHN sign with them.[/QUOTE]

JHN and Custer on the same team ......that'd be cool.

Except they only manage cars, don't build them or engines and drivers are on loan.
Used car lots don't qualify as dealers either. :)

It's called management. There are other teams with similar operations who aren't getting as much out of their resources.
and IMO that makes them 3rd tear.
1st are those who are in full production ( HMS.JGR,RCE.RFR.
2nd tear those who are in part production (Ganassi, (engine rentals)Team Penske,(engine rentals) SHR (soon),(engine rentals).
3rd tear are those that are funded by manufacturer and other teams for chassis and bodies besides engines.

Of course this is just my opinion.

2nd tear those who are in part production (Ganassi, (engine rentals)Team Penske,(engine rentals) SHR (soon),(engine rentals).
3rd tear are those that are funded by manufacturer and other teams for chassis and bodies besides engines.
Gibbs doesn't build motors. They run leased TRD engines. I guess Roush as an in-house engine shop is arguable, but Gibbs is not.

and IMO that makes them 3rd tear.

Of course this is just my opinion.
Ah. I sort them strictly on performance.

Back
Top Bottom