Silly Season 2015

I have these noted already in my personal team chart...cough nerd I know but this is what I have as far as crazy prediction probably not going to happen but still fun to speculate
1-Truex jr.
5- changes to 9 for chase elliott
9- changes to 44 for Ragan
10-Stenhouse -danica gets pregnant if she can????

Don't know why the sexist comment has to get in every thread , but Danica is one of the top marketable figures in sports and the only way she is going anywhere is to a better team for more money .

2016 could shape up to be a good rookie class. I see Chase driving the 5, Buescher 17, Ty Dillon 31 to 33, and possibly Penske busts out the 12 for Blaney. I think Kahne returns to RPM in the 9 maybe has soon has next year, then HMS gets a seat holder for one year, possibly Regan Smith. Truex goes to the 11 for JGR and Hamlin goes to MWR in a 3rd car

2016 could shape up to be a good rookie class. I see Chase driving the 5, Buescher 17, Ty Dillon 31 to 33, and possibly Penske busts out the 12 for Blaney. I think Kahne returns to RPM in the 9 maybe has soon has next year, then HMS gets a seat holder for one year, possibly Regan Smith. Truex goes to the 11 for JGR and Hamlin goes to MWR in a 3rd car
Kahne wouldn't go back to RPM he left there on bad terms.

Not everyone likes Gordon. If it was this forum, I would understand. Fans vary up and down. From the 1 to the 99.

I know not everyone likes Gordon. A lot of people hate him. But the idea that he thinks Kasey Kahne is the 2nd most popular driver is hilarious.

It's too bad that Kasey is going to be done at HMS after 2015. I like him, but it's Chase Elliott time.

I know not everyone likes Gordon. A lot of people hate him. But the idea that he thinks Kasey Kahne is the 2nd most popular driver is hilarious.

It's too bad that Kasey is going to be done at HMS after 2015. I like him, but it's Chase Elliott time.
It isn't me thinking that it is the results of last years most popular driver.

Yeah, I agree there's no way kk is 2nd most popular. Or 3rd or 4th and so on. I can understand why he wouldn't be too. His personality is basically nonexistent, not exciting at all and his driving has been spotty - especially this year.
He's better than a lot of guys but he's just gotta step up his game this year and next if he wants to have any hope of sticking around at the top of the mountain.

Kasey isn't going anywhere . He was highly sought after and acquired by Rick Hendrick . Rick needs to put a winning car under Kasey and I expect Rick will find a way to do that .

Kasey isn't going anywhere . He was highly sought after and acquired by Rick Hendrick . Rick needs to put a winning car under Kasey and I expect Rick will find a way to do that .
o_O Rick has failed Kasey?

Chase to the #5 in 2015.

o_O Rick has failed Kasey?

Chase to the #5 in 2015.

I guess it's possible that Rick isn't a great judge of people and made a bonehead move going after Kasey who has no talent and can't drive . I think it's more likely that Rick understands that some decisions take time . Now that he finally has Junior and Jeff on the right track , you will likely see him put more attention into Kasey's team next year.

Would give my left nut to get Truex back in a Toyota. Don't give a **** how much he wins. Love the dude. Freakin' role model the way he stands by Sherry's side. Got to meet him once. Even better in person.

I guess it's possible that Rick isn't a great judge of people and made a bonehead move going after Kasey who has no talent and can't drive . I think it's more likely that Rick understands that some decisions take time . Now that he finally has Junior and Jeff on the right track , you will likely see him put more attention into Kasey's team next year.

Something's going on with that #5 team.

Does anyone believe that Kahne forgot how to drive?

Apparently everyone thinks he sucks, even though he could've very easily won 7 races last year.

Obviously that team is missing a piece, and I don't think they've been able to replace Kieth Rodden either.

Apparently everyone thinks he sucks, even though he could've very easily won 7 races last year.

Obviously that team is missing a piece, and I don't think they've been able to replace Kieth Rodden either.

I think that it's the perception that Kahne gets pushed around on the track so he might as well get pushed around here and that's much easier to do when a driver is in a slump.

If you take a look at Kahne's detractors, you'll notice a commonality amongst most of them...no big deal.

Kahne keeps his head up and does what he thinks is right - same as the rest of us.

Based on t-shirts and hats fans wear at the track, I'd say 1. Junior, 2. Gordon, 3. KyBu, 4. Tony, 5. Jimmie. Just from my personal experience.

Not winning will have a negative effect on any sports team . It'll bring you down . One win can turn a season around . We've all seen it happen. I'm sure Rick is looking at what needs to change over there to get Kasey back in the winners circle.

I'm not a Kahne detractor. I think Kenny Francis has done wonders for the 24/5 shop. But I believe that Rick Hendrick knows that Chase Elliott is a better option and he has never been afraid of putting the young gun into a top series car.

I'm not a Kahne detractor. I think Kenny Francis has done wonders for the 24/5 shop. But I believe that Rick Hendrick knows that Chase Elliott is a better option and he has never been afraid of putting the young gun into a top series car.

You could be right , but I don't think that is the way Mr . Hendrick works . Chase will get his chance in time , but right now Rick will go with his committment to Kasey . Chase may decide to make the jump to a lesser team , but that would be a mistake.

Well only one more year of Danica crash highlights. Watch that 10 car win as soon as Tony puts a real driver in it.

:nyanya:

Hendrick's commitment to Kahne only lasts as long as his current contract.

Exactly. Why the hell would Rick risk letting Chase jump to another team for Kasey Kahne, a good driver, someone a lot of people know, but hardly a championship contender.

Especially when Rick knows that Chase brings those NAPA bucks.

Hendrick isn't letting Chase go ANYWHERE, and I don't think Chase would up and leave Hendrick either since the 24 and/or 5 will become available in the near future.

If Kasey has a bad year next year for whatever reason, then Chase may get the 5 in 2016. Or if Jeff decides to retire either at the end of this year or next year, then Chase will get the 24(or whatever they may change the number to).

Hendrick isn't letting Chase go ANYWHERE, and I don't think Chase would up and leave Hendrick either since the 24 and/or 5 will become available in the near future.

If Kasey has a bad year next year for whatever reason, then Chase may get the 5 in 2016. Or if Jeff decides to retire either at the end of this year or next year, then Chase will get the 24(or whatever they may change the number to).

I don't see it as ambiguous as you do. I think Kahne has to win the Championship in order to stay at HMS past 2015.

After letting Brad K get away, and not being able to get Larson (yet) there's no way that HMS let's Chase get away.

If it comes down to it, they'll let Kahne go and bring up Chase to replace him. However I don't think it will get to that. When they brought Kahne in, it was a move for the present AND future. He was young enough to give them a quality driver for many years to come. Junior, Gordon and even Jimmie are either in or getting close to the twilight of their careers.

Kahne is no doubt having a tough year but that's only because of the immense pressure on all HMS drivers to perform. I can say with almost 100% certainty that they won't ever get a "place holder". They will bring in a driver they believe can win on a regular basis, they're too strong of an organization to waste a car for a year or 2 waiting for somebody else. I think if Kahne can improve his performance and maybe pick up another couple wins by the end of next year, then they will resign him. If not, I can think of about 9 or 10 other teams that would love to have him.

A completely left field angle could see him going to the SHR 14 if Tony decides to retire. Otherwise, Roush, RCR and pretty much any other team outside of HMS and JGR could make room for him, he's that talented.

I see Chase being told to run another year in Nationwide and at the end of next season Hendrick will guarantee him a cup seat..might not be with Hendrick but a cup ride. With JR.'s team he doesn't have yet? Kasey has another year to prove himself, if he don't, I would say Chase fills that seat. Who knows, Kasey might not be happy at Hendrick. I've thought that he might need a crew chief change, seems like his car handling is all over the place and he doesn't qualify well either.

I'm With standonit, Chase needs one more year in the whatever it is this year series. (I still call it the Busch series) there is no reason to hurry him along. He's 18, He's got a lot of racing ahead of him.

I'm With standonit, Chase needs one more year in the whatever it is this year series. (I still call it the Busch series) there is no reason to hurry him along. He's 18, He's got a lot of racing ahead of him.

There isn't a person in this thread who has suggested that Chase Elliott will take a cup ride next season (full time at least).

I'm on Yougov which asks your opinion on politics, healthcare, etc. About 2 months ago I got the question "Do you follow racing?". In about 8 years they have never asked that question before. I answered Yes.
Then got: "Did you watch last weekends race?" Yes
"Do you know who drives the #5 car?" Yes
<Multiple choice> "Who drives the #5?" Kasey Kayne
<Fill in blank> "Who sponsors the #5?"
<Fill in blank> "Can you think of another sponsor?"

Someone (HMS or one of KK's sponsors) was spending money to find out just what KK's Return On Investment was . I could think of 4 of his sponsors (I checked Jayski later to see if they all were current and they were. :) so I hope I helped him.

I'd love for Kahne to end up at Stewart Haas if things don't work out at HMS. I think he'd be very successful there.
Heck thats where I thought he was going before he signed with HMS

Heck thats where I thought he was going before he signed with HMS
Maybe Stewart races one more year and calls it quits? That's the only car I see Kasey getting. I think Harvick is signed through 2016, not sure about Kurt. Danica is good through 2015 but I see her staying there awhile.

Maybe Stewart races one more year and calls it quits? That's the only car I see Kasey getting. I think Harvick is signed through 2016, not sure about Kurt. Danica is good through 2015 but I see her staying there awhile.
Maybe Tony retires, Chase runs the 14 part time next year, and Kasey and him swap in 2016?

Back
Top Bottom