Silly Season For 2017

They sure did but the driver is only as good as the team behind him and that is why all 4 cars are exceptional unlike HMS with 2 cars out of 4.

I will get the fanboi **** here, but it must be said that the development of this team has a lot to do with it relationship with TRD. JGR could have bailed on TRD '13-'14, but stuck it out, and it has paid dividends. TRD has tremendous resources. JGR has taken advantage.

True, but a manufacturer could make a team a ridiculous deal on their engines to enable said team to free money up for the charter. Toyota used to do this to support up and coming drivers until TRD began aggressively managing talent.

I will get the fanboi sh!t here, but it must be said that the development of this team has a lot to do with it relationship with TRD. JGR could have bailed on TRD '13-'14, but stuck it out, and it has paid dividends. TRD has tremendous resources. JGR has taken advantage.
It wasn't that long ago that JGR / TRD had a series of engine issues, costing them several races in that time period.

Like someone else said, manufacturer performance is cyclical.

Hornish was/has been decent with JGR. Though I agree he had plenty of opportunity with Penske, which is what the 12 ride is probably all about is Cup opportunity & not an Elliott Sadler role.

I'm personally really hoping Bowman gets the call to drive the 12. Reddick does have some talent, but needs more time & consistency before moving up.

Me too I hope jr. Comes back healthy and Bowman has no place to go besides that 12 car and Penske develops him.

I agree. Rather not see Bowman wait around to see if Dale's gonna be healthy. I think he could go back to NXS and actually hone in his skills in an actual top running ride before Penske expands to a 3rd team (with the 4th basically being the 21). The only real "decent" full time ride he's been in is the 99 RAB car and he outperformed Kenny Wallace's 2012 & James Buescher's 2014 in it.

Hornish was/has been decent with JGR. Though I agree he had plenty of opportunity with Penske, which is what the 12 ride is probably all about is Cup opportunity & not an Elliott Sadler role.

I'm personally really hoping Bowman gets the call to drive the 12. Reddick does have some talent, but needs more time & consistency before moving up.

Not really sure Brad's trucks are all that competitive.

It wasn't that long ago that JGR / TRD had a series of engine issues, costing them several races in that time period.

Like someone else said, manufacturer performance is cyclical.

Don't I know it......and my loyalty never wavered. To me, fanboism is more about jumping on when the going is good rather than jumping off when it isn't....That brutal period makes winning sweeter.

Austin Cindric is the most talented driver in Penske development. If there's future plans for anybody it's probably him

Why do people insinuate that Bowman has anything to do with Penske. What is it I don't know?

Austin Cindric is the most talented driver in Penske development. If there's future plan s for anybody it's probably him

Only wishful thinking.....because it's a really good idea...

I'm predicting
Austin Cindric
Chase Briscoe
in Brad's trucks next year.

It's a silly season thread, that's why I came up with Bowman. Wishful thinking says sign Bowman to a two year contract while he hopefully proves himself in a top tier XFINITY ride (he's led laps and ran well in the 88 JRM car) while Cindric develops in Trucks for a couple years before Cindric drives the 12.

I agree though BKR hasn't looked that great.

Last edited:
You do know that Roger had a partner running that car and also that Rusty was a partner.
Roger didn't really worry about Nascar. When he did decide to make Nascar more than a hobby, he bought out Rusty and the other guy.

You do know that Roger had a partner running that car and also that Rusty was a partner.
Roger didn't really worry about Nascar. When he did decide to make Nascar more than a hobby, he bought out Rusty and the other guy.
Paint it however you want, but the guy has made mistakes. EVERYONE makes mistakes. No shame in it.

wow wonder if busch and Jimmy johns remain too?

Back
Top Bottom