Silly Season For 2017

Biff needs to hang it up. He's had a good career. My best friend KK might top out at The BIFF'S LEVEL.

Biff needs to hang it up. He's had a good career. My best friend KK might top out at The BIFF'S LEVEL.

Two more wins ? Yeah , he could do that ....but if Penske and Ford can improve Jack's cars , Biffle could get another win or two.

Biff already has Kahne's career eclipsed hands down as he has won championships in both lower series.

I'm disappointed in Kasey. So much promise squandered due to lack of aggression, on and off the track.

Years ago...... Biffle would have been a valuable commodity with his experience...... even at his age.... now..... not so much.... everyone is looking for 16-18 year old hotshoes...... I can understand his hesitation of thoughts about changing teams this late in his career........... It's a shame to say .... but.... the Harry Gant days are gone...... never to return..... :(

Yes the Harry Gant days are over as its ridiculous to have to drive cars with 35 pounds of air pressure to appease the 7 state triangle of 3 million fans. An old man can handle all of that air !

I see a few people think Biffle was wrong to be loyal to Roush. Look at this way,
the man had no skills to become a top wage earner in any trade or profession other than racing. Biffle is worth many millions and none of you people will ever come close to being that rich. Carl Edwards bargained his own contracts and is a multi millionaire, boy do I feel sorry for him having had to drive Roush cars to get rich.

Years ago...... Biffle would have been a valuable commodity with his experience...... even at his age.... now..... not so much.... everyone is looking for 16-18 year old hotshoes...... I can understand his hesitation of thoughts about changing teams this late in his career........... It's a shame to say .... but.... the Harry Gant days are gone...... never to return..... :(
Well , maybe not everyone . We haven't see a veteran put out to pasture in a long time .

I think the older drivers tend to be the better drivers. A veteran driver is good for a team that has an up and coming driver or a small team that doesn't want its cars wrecked by a driver trying to make a splash. I wonder how drivers deal with the down slope of their careers, not very many get to choose how they end their Cup career.

Most good drivers never want to quit so any ending for them is a bad one.

Notice how fast Jeff got back in the car when given a good excuse?

Yes the Harry Gant days are over as its ridiculous to have to drive cars with 35 pounds of air pressure to appease the 7 state triangle of 3 million fans. An old man can handle all of that air !
Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front -- 26 psi; Left Rear -- 26 psi;
Right Front -- 54 psi; Right Rear -- 50 psi

Computer games are just that ... games.

Most good drivers never want to quit so any ending for them is a bad one.

Notice how fast Jeff got back in the car when given a good excuse?
If Jeff had really wanted back in, he wouldn't have shared seat time with Bowman. He did his buddy Rick a favor, nothing more or less. Don't expect to see him in there again after M'ville.

is 35 not between 26 and 50. its ok i know math is not your strong suit
As is often the case, you have no idea what you're talking about here.

I posted Goodyear's minimum air pressure figures for the Xfinity cars at Kansas last weekend. Those are the people who engineered and built the tires. Stick to the virtual racing world.

TBR is exploring their option's for 2017...Tommy says they are having a hard time keeping up, and that shutting down is not an option.

TBR is exploring their option's for 2017... Tommy says they are having a hard time keeping up, and that shutting down is not an option.

Shocking revelation there, the only time TBR has been up front was during the jet dryer accident red flag.

Thinking out loud here...but could TBR expand their technical alliance with RCR and give Ty the seat? Might work for both parties.

Shocking revelation there, the only time TBR has been up front was during the jet dryer accident red flag.

Thinking out loud here...but could TBR expand their technical alliance with RCR and give Ty the seat? Might work for both parties.

That's what I'm thinking too....but on the other hand I'm starting to think it's going to be hard for Ty to drive the 7,13,33,95 & 51 at the same time ;)

I believe Nikko is signed on for 17 races next season. But that said, if I'm Childress & Ty, I think I'd rather be in the 95 or the 13 over the 7. Only "options" there are to explore with the 7 team is to bring back Annett & Pilot, or maybe McDowell could bring over some of his sponsors if Ty goes to the 95.

I believe Nikko is signed on for 17 races next season. But that said, if I'm Childress & Ty, I think I'd rather be in the 95 or the 13 over the 7. Only "options" there are to explore with the 7 team is to bring back Annett & Pilot, or maybe McDowell could bring over some of his sponsors if Ty goes to the 95.

Yeah I don't ever recall Regan being able to bring In any sponsors on his own merit for what ever reason. so any of your scenarios I could see happening.

Jayski is reporting Ty Dillon to the Germain 13, Casey Mears to the LFR 95, and LFR buys Baldwin's charter (for McDowell I'm assuming)

From what I gather:

7 - TBR (open team or shut down)
13 - Ty Dillon
33 - Mears (Circle Sport charter?)
95 - McDowell (LFR charter?)

So Leavine (LFR) & Joe Falk (CircleSport) are splitting into two charter teams or will be a two car team?

Jayski reported that Cheezit/Kelloggs is leaving Roush and will not sponsor Watkins Glen.

Another big ouch on Roush and NASCAR. This really sucks for all.

Not to say it's not a loss, but they've only sponsored the 16 in 5 races this year.

Not to say it's not a loss, but they've only sponsored the 16 in 5 races this year.

It is, thats five more races in which Roush can not sponsor the 16 car. You already see Ford Performance/Roush Performance on Biffle's car damn near every week now.

Cheez-It,,, Not part of the New York road thing… Into the past goes the classiest trophy ever awarded to a race winner in NASCAR’s ultimate division.

Sad. Oh so sad. The end of an era.

NBC is reporting there may be three charters on the market this winter.

Tommy Baldwin (Leavine Family Racing is buying it).

Go Fas Racing (Archie St. Hilaire).

Circle Sport Racing (Joe Falk).

Barney Visser seems to be a buyer for the 77 team. Who else? I wonder if Wood Brothers have sponsorship to run full time in 2017 and might consider a charter if the price is right?

Jayski says Bifile could be leaving roush and going to a 2nd JTG car

Jayski says Bifile could be leaving roush and going to a 2nd JTG car

I can dig that.

Allmendinger would probably thrive even more with a teammate. I wonder with the 13 getting an RCR affliation, would that leave JTG-Daughtery open? I could have sworn Germain already had an affiliation with RCR.

The 13 has had an RCR affiliation. But if Ty is in the 13 it might as well be a 4th RCR car, similar to what Penske is doing with the 21.

Germain gets what they pay for. If Dillon.2 is driving it they'll get more than they pay for. It's akin to Menard but in this case Childress is John 'n Ty is Paul.

Back
Top Bottom