So Mongo

71Fan

Can't hardly shut ya up when ya win so I'm figuring ya didn't even make the main.

I was hoping you guys wouldn't ask. LOL Made the main. Was leading the race and at 3 FRIGGING laps to go the dern spoiler came partially off the car. Some idiot obviously did not get the screws tightened down properly after he moved the spoiler forward.

Can ya fire yourself?

Moving the spoiler forward helped on the pushing. But still need more. Thinking of cutting it down to try and get less air off of the rear deck but don't have a clue as to what and how much.

I really wish we could get the car too loose. It would be a lot easier to adjust then.

.............Can ya fire yourself?............

Well, it is Silly Season and after the on-track antics of a few weeks back............. :D

Get Loose?

Hide the wing. Double, even triple up on the front body-mount washers and tape off the bottom of the front valance to keep air from getting underneath?????????

Angle of Attact. Tilt the wing to change the wind's angle of attack?????

Shave the wing????? Wickerbill's even in the smallest variations have huge effects on a cars balance.

Thinner tires in back???? Less rubber, less grip.

Backwards Camber the rear tires?

More front wheel power ratio?

Softer rear springs?

And my fave, none of the above. Get the dang half or three-quarter polyvinyl tubing and run the air duct from the wheelswells so you can tape off some of that dang windshield hole.

Tight off is every racers main complaint. Rear downforce is the easiest thing to do while front downforce is and always will be the hardest. Most every series in the world didn't make interior ducting illegal cause it didn't work.

Is it possible to lower the spoiler without cutting it? That would help get it out of the air flow.

Thinking that if the rear tires are wearing a lot more than the front, and the rear is holding the track better, that means to me that the front has a lot more grip to give. Just gotta figure a way to do it.

Gotta be sure the nose of the car is buried into the track. Keep the air above the car.

Move the car body forward as much as possible.

Move static weight to the front

Gonna thing up some other things to try...........I hope.

Seems the deal is that if you can get more out the front you may not need to give up any in the rear. This car may have a lot more grip in it than we are using.

Use toothpicks and heat to flair the front just an eighth or so.

Would be almost certain the give-up is left front because of the windshield hole placement. Start taping it off and run a richer mixture to bring the head temp back down. With the bigger motor we can probably give up a little bit of power.

Back
Top Bottom