South Boston And Salem

71Fan

Gonna be some short track racin at it's very finest on Speed channel today. :D

South Boston is 4/10ths mile with 14 degree banking.

Salem on the other hand is a high bank half mile. Yowzer baby :D

I might have to head up to the truck race today! Not too far from the house! Sure don't want to miss the ASA race on Speed though! ASA is about the best full bodied stock car division in the land!

Them fiberglass bodies do keep it fairly honest and they are cheap.

On the other hand, the trucks at South Boston ought to be one heck of a race.

The Late Model Stock Car race at Martinsville tomorrow should be better than the races today and tomorrow. These late models are your local short track racing at it's best.

Butterbean

hey there butterbean.....

Shucks, I even enjoy the dern legends cars. :D

Our shortie season here in Vegas ended a couple/three weeks ago. Ol Chuck Trickle took the championship. Some guys just never learn to do anything other than race cars :D

That's great that Chuck won. I bet he dedicated it to Chris. Chris sure was an up and coming driver wasn't he. It was so sad because Chris would have been in Cup several years ago. His uncle was better know (more wins than anyone), but I guess I'm not saying anything you don't already know.

Butterbean

Yup, Chris was special....just a real good guy that was in the wrong place at the wrong time....

anyways....got 300 laps of some of the best racing in America coming up.

It's gonna be a great one :D

Wowzer, talk about a rough as heck one groove track. I've never seen a race from Salem before and that was awesome even if it was single file.

I'ld venture to guess that half those guys can't even get out of bed this morning, and that the old guys will take at least till Wed. off :D

Short track racing is absolutely the best, except for road tracks, and sure beats the one and a half mile tracks. :lilangel:

I'm a roadie fan myself......grew up at Riverside watching the best of the best.....once it and Ontario went away I started watching the shorties more and even tho I live in Vegas, I think it's one of the worst racing tracks in the world.

Even the old Cleveland Airport was a better place to race cars. :D

Back
Top Bottom