Speaking of The HoF

Based on what I read in the other thread and in the article, I believe I'd rather pay the admission some other time and not fight the crowds. I'm not big on autographs, so that isn't a draw for me.

Check out the drivers who will be there. LOL

Laughable. Outside of Jr. and Larson and Newman, a bunch of no names and forgettables.

Laughable. Outside of Jr. and Larson and Newman, a bunch of no names and forgettables.

Agreed, I would've gone if Johnson was going to be there, but he isn't, so I have no real interest TBH.

8 new members of the HoF voting panel.

• Ron Bennett, Holland (New York) Motorsports Complex
• Jeff Burton, NBC Sports Network
• Steve Byrnes, FOX Sports 1
• Brent Dewar, NASCAR
• Eli Gold, Motor Racing Network
• Kevin Harvick, reigning NASCAR Sprint Cup champion
• Marty Smith, ESPN • Jim Utter, Charlotte Observer

full list can be found here

Agreed, I would've gone if Johnson was going to be there, but he isn't, so I have no real interest TBH.

Allmendinger, Crafton, Sadler, Gaughan... All have won in their respected divisions. I guess you would have to be hardcore fan and not just a casual fan like Reck to know.;)

Pretty good story on Wendell Scott leading up to his induction into the HoF.....

Link to story

B7wBty7CIAAEFlN.jpg:large

Dont forget Chase Elliott :)
I got a ticket for Session #1 with Larson, cant wait to meet him and get his autograph :) Tried to get the Session with Chase but no luck..

Dont forget Chase Elliott :)
I got a ticket for Session #1 with Larson, cant wait to meet him and get his autograph :) Tried to get the Session with Chase but no luck..
I'll be there too, taking some first timers, it turns out. Maybe I'll see you in line.

Bump to remind you all that the inductions into the HoF are tonight. Watch it. Set your DVR to record it. Or, just bitch about it but some more NASCAR history is being made tonight.

Below is the full schedule of tonight’s NASCAR coverage on NBCSN (all times ET):

Time Program

4:30 p.m. NASCAR AMERICA
7 p.m. NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Special
8 p.m. 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
10 p.m. NASCAR Gridiron Challenge presented by Toyota

Today will mark NBCSN’s biggest day yet in terms of NASCAR coverage thus far in the run-up to the 2015 season, and before this summer when NASCAR on NBC race coverage kicks off.

Friday will see NBCSN have 6.5 hours of coverage, beginning at 4:30 p.m. ET with NASCAR AMERICA. The one-hour show will air on-site in Charlotte, N.C. with NBC Sports Group’s Leigh Diffey hosting the program alongside analyst Kyle Petty and NASCAR driver Jamie McMurray. Reporters Marty Snider and Kelli Stavast will provide interviews and updates from the red carpet.

At 7 p.m. ET, NBCSN presents a NASCAR Hall of Fame Induction Special hosted by Mike Massaro. The special features a look into the lives of Hall of Fame inductees Bill Elliott, the 1988 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and 16-time Most Popular Driver; and Wendell Scott, the only African-American race winner in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series history.

Coverage wraps up with NBC Sports’ NASCAR Gridiron Challenge presented by Toyota at 10 p.m. ET. The special pairs NASCAR drivers with former NFL greats in a series of stock car races and a football challenge. Click here for more information.

Stream URLs via NBC Sports Live Extra are as follows: http://nbcsnstream.nbcsports.com for NASCAR AMERICA, and http://nbcsnstream2.nbcsports.com for both the Hall of Fame special and Gridiron Challenge.

I don't know. I don't work for NBC. Just posting some info for those interested.

Bandwidth maybe?

I just looked. College hockey is also on NBC Live Extra. As I mentioned elsewhere, NBC's moved their excessive amount of Super Bowl coverage to MSNBC.

Good on them to make room.

Got home in time to catch the end of the HoF speeches. I only got to see Bill Elliott. What an honor it must be for these guys to be inducted. Congrats to all of them. I can't wait to get there some day to see the HoF for myself.

For those that like to bitch about the prices @ the HoF

Looks like a great way to spend a Saturday.

@NASCARHall Don’t just drive by, stay the day! @NASCAR Fan Appreciation Day is today! FREE admission @NASCARHall

Got home in time to catch the end of the HoF speeches. I only got to see Bill Elliott. What an honor it must be for these guys to be inducted. Congrats to all of them. I can't wait to get there some day to see the HoF for myself.

It sounds like the HOF will have to be moved at some point as it is bleeding money in it's current location. Maybe Daytona or Vegas would be better locations. I bet it would be interesting to see and I can't figure out why more people don't patronize it.

The NASCAR HOF's biggest issue is that they got into the game so late so they're still missing a ton of cool memorabilia. Not their fault, but the best stuff is already in other museums.

The NASCAR HOF's biggest issue is that they got into the game so late so they're still missing a ton of cool memorabilia. Not their fault, but the best stuff is already in other museums.
I just got home from Charlotte....
They have most of the same stuff they did last year but they, for whatever reason, got rid of the Yarborough Allison 79 daytona cars display. I really don't understand that, it was a good centerpiece for the upper floor.

Anyway, I had a great time - took some first timers.
Seemed like quite a bit to see and do but really.... everything was seen and done in 2 hours or less. And that's going pretty leisurely.

So, what I'm saying is - I completely agree with you.

Just got through watching the HOF inductions (DVR'd), Went very well and I enjoyed the stories and intimate info that came out of the event. Job well done I say.

Maybe Brian France can take some of that millions he has and try to help the HoF buy historic pieces and cars that people actually want to see.

Back
Top Bottom