NASCAR Next driver Harrison Burton signs with KHI Management

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
NASCAR Next driver Harrison Burton is the latest talent to join KHI Management’s growing stable of drivers and celebrities.

Burton, the 16-year-old son of NASCAR veteran and current NBC TV analyst, Jeff Burton, has signed a multi-year deal with the marketing agency co-owned by Sprint Cup driver Kevin Harvick and his wife, DeLana.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar/ne...ison-burton-signs-with-khi-management-837632/

Maybe this kind of business venture for KHI is less likely to sustain a loss. The owner thing sure didn't work out.

NASCAR Next driver Harrison Burton is the latest talent to join KHI Management’s growing stable of drivers and celebrities.

Burton, the 16-year-old son of NASCAR veteran and current NBC TV analyst, Jeff Burton, has signed a multi-year deal with the marketing agency co-owned by Sprint Cup driver Kevin Harvick and his wife, DeLana.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar/ne...ison-burton-signs-with-khi-management-837632/

Just read this, I saw his ARCA debut and he finished 3rd at Iowa. Otherwise, he has not been that great in the K&N East series, but I think he will do a solid job and especially being 16. He's going to make his debut in the truck series at Martinsville this year. I think he will be in a KBM truck.

Good luck to him.

I guess NASCAR drivers pass along talent better than any other professional athletes. Soon, the entire field will be ride-buyers and relatives of former greats.

I have no inside info, but my first thought was that Harvick gave up on team ownership due to the time and energy required.
That is what they claimed publicly and why they never ventured into the cup series. But they had a few truck titles if I remember right and they weren't around too long.

I have no inside info, but my first thought was that Harvick gave up on team ownership due to the time and energy required.
That's what I heard but my hearing is pretty old.

I hope the kid has a little more on the ball than Waad's kid.

I hope the kid has a little more on the ball than Waad's kid.

Jeb has done the best with a ****** situation.

2014 he had no seat, until BK Racing came knocking and let him in. That season was abysmal, to say the least and BK was so bad that season, I think Jeb missed six races with DNQs'. It was so bad that JJ Yeley and Burton switched cars with owners points to get into the field. Jeb is not that bad at all, but given the situation it was BK Racing or nothing and the ship has been rocky the past two years.

Signed to RPM in Xfinity and lost funding hardly a 1/4 of the season through, now he is on a limited schedule with Biaggi-DiBedeste and he has to make the most of that. The guy has had some rough times, but I think he has plenty of talent. Just if RPM/Biaggi was better, I think he would be a threat in the top 10 every week in Xfinity.

Jeb has done the best with a ****** situation.

2014 he had no seat, until BK Racing came knocking and let him in. That season was abysmal, to say the least and BK was so bad that season, I think Jeb missed six races with DNQs'. It was so bad that JJ Yeley and Burton switched cars with owners points to get into the field. Jeb is not that bad at all, but given the situation it was BK Racing or nothing and the ship has been rocky the past two years.

Signed to RPM in Xfinity and lost funding hardly a 1/4 of the season through, now he is on a limited schedule with Biaggi-DiBedeste and he has to make the most of that. The guy has had some rough times, but I think he has plenty of talent. Just if RPM/Biaggi was better, I think he would be a threat in the top 10 every week in Xfinity.

If the kid has the potential it is a shame he can't attract sponsorship and get a better ride.

If the kid has the potential it is a shame he can't attract sponsorship and get a better ride.

He has plenty of backing, its just RPM/Biaggi is just a mediocre team. (Rocky Ridge, Estes, etc.)

A one car team and honestly, the team is better now than when Armstrong was there. He's always close to the top 10, but his cars are just meh.

Ward could never get the rides Jeff could. I have a feeling it will be the same for Harrison and Jeb

Jeff had a couple of years with the Stavola's but mainly drove for RR and RCR and Ward's primary ride was with Bill Davis as after that fell apart he had no success with Haas CNC or Morgan-McClure.

I think that racing families are much like hockey families , or skiing families , or figure skating families , etc .. Mom and Dad , Grammy and Grampy , Uncle and Aunty put everything they can and every weekend they have , into the kids careers . Ninety percent of the time ,there is no big payoff at the end . The families are out a lot of time and money for a few cheap trophies , but they tried , and loved doing it . We families who don't do that , sit back and snicker .

I guess NASCAR drivers pass along talent better than any other professional athletes. Soon, the entire field will be ride-buyers and relatives of former greats.
No, it happens in all sports, including the taxpayer funded ones. That is why the sons of high school coaches get a disproportionate share of college scholarships for baseball, football, etc. It is why the sons of golf pros and golf coaches get more scholarships. It is why penniless orphans raised by nuns have less athletic success (LOL, I made up this last one, just a guess).

It's like Ted said, and some folks just take pot shots at it. I'd favor taxpayer-funded go cart racing, or maybe I wouldn't, but it's a moot point... it ain't gonna happen.

That is what they claimed publicly and why they never ventured into the cup series. But they had a few truck titles if I remember right and they weren't around too long.
That's what I heard but my hearing is pretty old.

They sold the teams off right before they announced Delana was pregnant. Since she ran the day to day my guess is she didnt want to be a CEO and a Mom at the same time.

The owner thing sure didn't work out.

Sure didn't, and the jackass had the balls to take a shot at Kyle's financial woes in the early days of KBM. Still standing.

Sure didn't, and the jackass had the balls to take a shot at Kyle's financial woes in the early days of KBM. Still standing.

He gave it a shot and had success, it just goes to show how difficult it is to hold onto a team and the loss you take from owning a team. Don't hold it against Harvick that he bowed out and turned into mangement team. Still a very good opportunity helping young drivers to get there names out there.

Been following Karsyn , ( Kelley Earnhardt's daughter) for years . She races every weekend. By now she's about 16 . Can you imagine the crap she will get if she ever gets to Nascar in a few years. Doesn't matter that she has spent most of her life racing , she will get the silver spoon tag from people who call themselves race fans.

Sure, whatever you say...

Been following Karsyn , ( Kelley Earnhardt's daughter) for years . She races every weekend. By now she's about 16 . Can you imagine the crap she will get if she ever gets to Nascar in a few years. Doesn't matter that she has spent most of her life racing , she will get the silver spoon tag from people who call themselves race fans.

Maybe she can talk to Pop pop's Austin Dillion, Paul Menard, Joey Lagano, Steven Wallace, Benj$mins Kennedy, Marco Andretti and many others that have had to already live with the silver spoon treatment.

Maybe she can talk to Pop pop's Austin Dillion, Paul Menard, Joey Lagano, Steven Wallace, Benj$mins Kennedy, Marco Andretti and many others that have had to already live with the silver spoon treatment.

Yeah , she could , but in addition to having a silver spoon , the thing that is commonly overlooked is that every one of those guys were racers long before they got to Nascar . Family help gets you through the minor leagues and a cup of coffee in the bigs , the rest is entirely up to the driver

Yeah , she could , but in addition to having a silver spoon , the thing that is commonly overlooked is that every one of those guys were racers long before they got to Nascar . Family help gets you through the minor leagues and a cup of coffee in the bigs , the rest is entirely up to the driver

I agree in general that they are racers but it is far bigger boost and advantage than just a cup of cofee in the bigs.
And the privileges provided to the chosen few is an undeniable fact.... imo.
They are also nurtured and have the resources to be coached from being just naturally very good to potentially one of the few elites.

Perhaps this is a tired rant, even a bit of whining and not the funniest read. But there was and and are plenty of very skilled young talents, that I believe possess us much natural born skills.
I at least know they are just as driven and determined. I mean freaks that are possessed and willing to compromise everything else in life to acheive their racing dreams.

I wouldn't call myself a racer because all of my results sucked. But the realization that you invested so much of yourself just to have one the crumbs that is given to the privileged is an undeniable one.

Ted, just to give you an idea or to make this as real as possible ; I worked a 40 hour job, finished on Friday then went to work all night at Roadway loading freight. Then came home on Saturday morning to load the car to run a race in another state, more than two hours away.

Maybe I will be embarrassed for being so plain and personal about the matter. But there was a time when your favorite driver lived in your type of neighbor hood. They were people like us, we were them and they were us.

Back to the current thought...and todays world is probably unavoidable, and it isnt their fault for be born with privilege. God knows I would have used everything that was avalible to me.
The cynicism is not something that should be encouraged.

But it is an unavoidable collision at times, and it is a million miles away from the grass roots. All I can do is celebrate it, when one of the privileged$&(@@# ers get beat.

I know they are privileged and they likely don't have to work hard for their racing parts and pieces , but I think they have to put in the racing hours and miles and travel . They do it because they love it and they aren't all successful .Steven Wallace ,for example ,was never very successful , but far as I know , he is still racing somewhere .They don't start at the top . They start a their local bull ring and learn the trade like anyone else . They have an easier road to Nascar , but when they get there , they need to be able to compete with Kyle Busch , Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick . They don' t have to beat them , but they do have to be able to compete .I just can't start from the negative with each one of them . Some of them are good , like Dale Sr , Dale Jr Richard Petty and Davey Allison..

Funny that a Kyle fan is talking about how much KHI deal didn't work out when Kyle couldn't even win a race in his own 54 and shut down after 2013.

KBM still racing?

I know they are privileged and they likely don't have to work hard for their racing parts and pieces , but I think they have to put in the racing hours and miles and travel . They do it because they love it and they aren't all successful .Steven Wallace ,for example ,was never very successful , but far as I know , he is still racing somewhere .They don't start at the top . They start a their local bull ring and learn the trade like anyone else . They have an easier road to Nascar , but when they get there , they need to be able to compete with Kyle Busch , Denny Hamlin and Kevin Harvick . They don' t have to beat them , but they do have to be able to compete .I just can't start from the negative with each one of them . Some of them are good , like Dale Sr , Dale Jr Richard Petty and Davey Allison..

I agree with all of this, Ted.

They sold the teams off right before they announced Delana was pregnant. Since she ran the day to day my guess is she didnt want to be a CEO and a Mom at the same time.
Sounds right - Their truck program won 10 races in their final year so I'd say it wasn't due to performance.

Sounds right - Their truck program won 10 races in their final year so I'd say it wasn't due to performance.
You also may want to consider that most of the sponsors KH had on his teams stayed with him and moved up to Cup. I would say kevin/wife were good at running the business. It just consumed to much of their life to keep it up. I also think RCR was forced to take over the program, not just for his grand sons but also to get KH to resigm.

Yeah, I get that, but the point is KBM is still racing and Delana Inc. is not.
Nothing wrong with changing your priorities in life as you grow older. Just ask Junior Johnson.
I think KBM is only up and running in Trucks because Toyota is backing them.( not so in Xfinity) Brad's truck team is in the same position with Penske backing. JMS in Xfinity was a losing proposition until Rick became part owner and is also the reason Junior started in trucks.
Testing the waters I think.
JMO

Family can get you a date and tickets for the prom but you still have to do your own dancing.
2 generations of champions couldn't get young Jarrett a good ride. Dale Sr. and Junior got his brother a ride but he couldn't keep it, and his son is having a hard time.

The very best drivers in the lower divisions will never drive a Xfinity car because they can't attract a sponsor.

I think KBM is ..nly up and running in Trucks because Toyota is backing them.

100% correct.....and pretty damn smart on both sides. Kyle keeps his company, and Toyota keeps Kyle. Again, the point being that Harvick shot his mouth off, and Kyle proved him wrong.

I missed what was said. What did Harvick say about Busch or did he say something about KBM?

Shot his mouth off when he was pissed at Kyle on the track, and said something to the effect that he was going to lose KBM a few years ago. Harvick stuff.

Oh crap, please don't quote Harvick on anything he says in anger while driving.
None of that counts any more than you scolding the dog.

Back
Top Bottom