Sprint out as the sponsor of NASCAR after 2016!

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
NASCAR Statement from Brett Jewkes, NASCAR Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, on NASCAR and Sprint Partners
December 16, 2014 at 10:38am
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (December 16, 2014) – “NASCAR and Sprint have enjoyed a long and productive partnership that has returned significant value to both parties. We understand significant changes within Sprint and the highly competitive business environment it is in has led to a decision not to extend its Cup Series entitlement position following the 2016 season. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is a very unique, premium sports marketing platform with strong momentum, so we are very confident of moving forward in 2017 with an outstanding new partner. In the meantime, we look forward to Sprint’s partnership on the best racing series in the world for the next two seasons.”

How about an Athletic company.
Something like the NASCAR Athletic Cup...

tumblr_li9kp85WSC1qd9fzl.gif

Let's call it for what it is people...the NASCAR Chevrolet Cup series.

Just like when AT&T and Cingular were booted when Sprint took over; all non Chevy teams will have 1 year to convert or risk being banned.

This is a good thing, Sprint doesn't have thr capital or promotion know how to do anything with the sponsorship.

NASCAR Statement from Brett Jewkes, NASCAR Senior Vice President and Chief Communications Officer, on NASCAR and Sprint Partners
December 16, 2014 at 10:38am
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (December 16, 2014) – “NASCAR and Sprint have enjoyed a long and productive partnership that has returned significant value to both parties. We understand significant changes within Sprint and the highly competitive business environment it is in has led to a decision not to extend its Cup Series entitlement position following the 2016 season. The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series is a very unique, premium sports marketing platform with strong momentum, so we are very confident of moving forward in 2017 with an outstanding new partner. In the meantime, we look forward to Sprint’s partnership on the best racing series in the world for the next two seasons.”
Would like to see Starbucks...............the Coffee Cup

and give de caf to that bloody kenny wallace...LOL

The naming rights are a cash cow for Nascar. If there's no interest at the price the brain wants it'll be the Nascar cup,,and he'll cry all the way to the bank. .

Didn't NASCAR use Sprint to legitimize wholesale changes to the chase format?

I kid because I care. I am glad they were here, and tbh am kind of scared about who is gonna step in

I kid because I care. I am glad they were here, and tbh am kind of scared about who is gonna step in
My biggest concern is for it to be something like another wireless carrier or beer product. Yeah, they'd probably have the money but would probably see them dictate the removal of rival sponsors. Not cool. We've been through that before and it hurt teams.

My biggest concern is for it to be something like another wireless carrier or beer product. Yeah, they'd probably have the money but would probably see them dictate the removal of rival sponsors. Not cool. We've been through that before and it hurt teams.

Good point.

If it's another wireless provider, that might not be such a bad thing. Sprint pretty much booted the competition out of the sport several years ago, so we really wouldn't be losing anybody if, say, Verizon takes over the series. A beer company sponsoring the series would be much worse IMO.

If it's another wireless provider, that might not be such a bad thing. Sprint pretty much booted the competition out of the sport several years ago, so we really wouldn't be losing anybody if, say, Verizon takes over the series. A beer company sponsoring the series would be much worse IMO.
But wouldn't it be better if all the wireless companies could become sponsors? That would open up some possibilities for other Cup teams.

Back
Top Bottom