Steve Byrnes

Wow.

Hopefully they caught it as early as possible and he makes a quick turnaround.

Damn, I remember when Benny announced his, bad day. I hope Steve gets well soon.

Steve Byrnes is awesome. I hope he can fight through it.

I read some tweets earlier but only that he was taking medical leave. I didn't know if it was for himself or a family member. Other than the avg Joe tweet, who's posting the cancer story out there?

Yep, I knew it would be something bad the second I clicked on this thread. This sucks. :(

I have nothing new to add to what you all have already said. Steve Byrnes is easily one of my favorite hosts/reporters. I hope he comes out of this okay.

Saw on Twitter that he's been diagnosed with some form of cancer. FOX Sports released a statement saying he's on a medical leave of absence.

Hoping he's alright, he's been around a long time.
Do you have a link Andy?

Hope he is able to recover

Freakin rumors burn my azz.
I sure hope that it's only a cancer rumor but if it's not I sure hope that he can kick cancer's ass.

I had seen the story yesterday afternoon but it made no mention of what the medical issues were only that he was on medical leave from FOX for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR season. It went on to say that any updates on Byrnes will come at the discretion of the family.

I sure hope that it's only a cancer rumor but if it's not I sure hope that he can kick cancer's ass.

I had seen the story yesterday afternoon but it made no mention of what the medical issues were only that he was on medical leave from FOX for the remainder of the 2013 NASCAR season. It went on to say that any updates on Byrnes will come at the discretion of the family.
IF it does turn out to be cancer I'm with you and Steve is a fighter.

Hope he makes it through; he's always been my favorite analyst.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Steve Byrnes.

Steve is one of the few NASCAR reporters who comment fairly and do not stoke the fire. I've always thought him to be one of the very best NASCAR announcers and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Some forms of cancer have a pretty good survival rate (I've been through one).

True. Of course, and not to be too much of a downer, the ones that have the best survival rates often also let you work full time during treatment. I've known several people who went through early stage cancer treatments and worked full-time the entire time.

He had a throat problem around 5 years ago...That kept him on the sidelines for a while...wondering if it's a reoccurance....

A few years ago he had a droopy eye, this was about the same time his voice was messed up and I wondered if he had Bell"s Palsy.

I wish him the best.

I was reading a blog written by a friend of his.
I'm using this space today to ask you all to please pray for a dear friend of mine who has been diagnosed with Cancer. Steve is currently undergoing radiation and chemo treatments, and it would mean the world to me if you'd consider praying for strength for this man. Please also pray for his wife, Karen, and their family for the strength they will all need at this difficult time.

I wish him well.

Back
Top Bottom