Stridsberry's Power Ratings - after Richmond II

S

stridsberry

1. (2) RYAN NEWMAN
While I donft think that Ryan should be a championship contender, I do believe that 6 wins and 6 poles should get you higher than 6th in points.

2. (1) KEVIN HARVICK
I thought that the on-track incident between Ricky and Kevin was just a racing deal. Obviously, Kevin begged to differ.

3. (3) MATT KENSETH
How does he do that? And how do I contact the engraver?

4. (4) JIMMIE JOHNSON
That was the first time since Indianapolis that Jimmie didnft beat the boss. Wonder how he feels about that.

5. (5) TERRY LABONTE
So what if therefs still 10 races left? Terry wins the Comeback Driver of the Year Award, hands down.

6. (7) KURT BUSCH
Did you know: Kurt has seven top-2 finishes this year, but only four top-10s in the other 19 races. Take a lesson from Matt.

7. (9) DALE EARNHARDT JR.
Why did Junior not pit after knowingly hitting debris on the track? Dumb call for that team.

8. (11) JEFF BURTON
Jeff Burton took full blame for the contact that sent Robby Gordon into the wallc

9. (8) ROBBY GORDON
...So just who was the immature one?

10. (6) TONY STEWART
Given the way Tony has run for the last month, even the top-5 in points may be unattainable at this point.

11. (13) GREG BIFFLE
The flying 360 was pretty cool. Everything else about his race was forgettable.

12. (16) BOBBY LABONTE
Bobbyfs finally started running well again, but only after he fell well out of the title chase.

13. (12) JAMIE McMURRAY
I hope Jamie can beat Biffle in the final Driver Standings, just to shut up all the Rookie of the Year critics.

14. (10) BILL ELLIOTT
I saw Bill get punted during one of the wrecks, but I didnft see him hit anything. So Ifm confused as to why he went behind the wall.

15. (17) JEFF GORDON
It looks like Jeff is just having gone of those yearsh where even good nights go bad. The Law of Averages said he was due for one.

16. (20) JEREMY MAYFIELD
Why does it always seem to happen that driverfs performances pick up right when the rumors of their departure are at their stormiest?

17. (14) WARD BURTON
So I ask, which is better: winning two races but finishing 25th in points, or having no wins, or even top-5s, but being 19th?

18. (24) JOHNNY BENSON
I figured Johnny would get him third top-10 of the year sometime in May, not in September.

19. (15) MICHAEL WALTRIP
Michael had such a good-sized cushion built up on 11th-place, but hefs used almost all of it up the past three weeks.

20. (21) DALE JARRETT
And the drought continues; still no finish better than 7th since the Rockingham win.

21. (19) MARK MARTIN
Itfs hard to believe that Markfs still even as high as 14th in points, because hefs been nearly invisible the past two months.

22. (27) RICKY RUDD
Lost in all the controversy was that Ricky matched his best finish of the season.

23. (22) STEVE PARK
He was involved in a wreck. No surprise there, unfortunately.

24. (18) ELLIOTT SADLER
Elliott has now fallen almost as low as Dale Jarrett in points. I had predicted that this would happen to them.

25. (23) RICKY CRAVEN
The two laps lost on a pit road mistake didnft help, but this track may have been the strongest case yet for PPI needing a 2nd team.

26. (31) RUSTY WALLACE
Rusty had a good run, but you canft win a race if you donft lead it.

27. (26) STERLING MARLIN
Dating back to last year, Sterling has gone 30 races without a top-5 finish. Almost unfathomable.

28. (25) JIMMY SPENCER
This team would be in the top-20 if their luck were half as good as their performance.

29. (28) JOE NEMECHEK
Joe may have a win this year, but 26th in points is no job-saver in todayfs NASCAR.

30. (32) ANDRETTI/GREEN
When you hop in a good car, even an encounter with the wall canft slow you down.

31. (29) DAVE BLANEY
Hard to believe that this team has actually gone worse in their 2nd year together.

32. (34) MIKE SKINNER
Mike had a shot at the trifecta. Why did he have to spoil it?

33. (33) KENNY WALLACE
Kenny seems to run well in the Busch Series. Why canft he carry it over to Winston Cup?

34. (35) KEN SCHRADER
Itfs not often that a driver can be 5 spots lower in points than they ended the previous year, and still consider the season a success.

35. (30) TODD BODINE
No comment.

36. (37) TONY RAINES
BACE must either have deep pockets, or a lot of debt. But Saturday showed that they can run well, even if they have problems.

37. (38) JASON LEFFLER
I canft call Jasonfs move a gDave Marcish, since he didnft pit under that caution. But itfs sad when thatfs the only way you can get to the front.

38. (36) CASEY MEARS
At least hefs getting a 2nd year to prove himself in the car. The previous two Ganassi hirees canft say that they did.

39. (39) KYLE PETTY
When things arenft going your way, sometimes youfre just along for the ride.

40. (40) MORGAN-McCLURE
As loyal as Kodak may be, three top-10s in nearly four years is not a good return on their investment.

41. (41) CHRISTIAN FITTIPALDI
Ifm going to make a bold prediction: Christian will notch a top-15 finish before the end of the season.

42. (42) LARRY FOYT
Ifm sort of glad Larry didnft make these last two races; by not using the provisionals, A.J. might not need a third number.

Originally posted by stridsberry@Sep 10 2003, 06:20 PM

9. (8) ROBBY GORDON
...So just who was the immature one?

You must not be a fan of Robby Gordon. <_< Of course a driver is going to be mad when they get punted out of 4th place, and of course things are going to get blurted when a TNT mic and camera are shoved in their face immediately after the accident. Kevin Harvick has done it, Ricky Craven has done it, every driver has done it, so I wouldnt call Robby immature for doing it, because if thats the case, every driver in the damn field is immature.

True, but do you have to take everything I say so darn seriously? Relax a little. If Robby deserves a positive comment, I'll give him one.

Back
Top Bottom