Take a lap around a snowy Watkins Glen

After watching that I see no reason why the trucks shouldn't be racing there in January. :eek:

Very cool video!

With the snow that's in our forecast for tomorrow into Monday, that may be exactly what my commute looks like Monday morning. Thanks for letting me get a lap in ahead of time. ;)

That would be fun. I just got off the plane here in Chicago to pick up our hauler and drive it back to California for our first race of the season and illinois is suppose to get 5 inches tonight so i will probably get to do that in a semi. That's not so much fun. :D

Last edited:
That would be fun. I just got off the plane here in Chicago to pick up our hauler and drive it back to California for our first race of the season and illinois is suppose to get 5 inches tonight so i will probably get to do that in a semi. That's not so much fun. :D
You be careful. We kinda like havin you around.

You be careful. We kinda like havin you around.
Thank's Johali. This is kind of a bittersweet trip, because I'm training someone new to take my place after 11 years with Bode Motorsports. Due to the fact that they have cut their racing schedule back to 7 races this year, i have signed on with Jim Dunn racing for the full 24 race schedule starting next weekend in Pomona Ca.

Regan Smith like to drive in the snow.
78 ReganSmithJess-McMillan-2.jpg

Thank's Johali. This is kind of a bittersweet trip, because I'm training someone new to take my place after 11 years with Bode Motorsports. Due to the fact that they have cut their racing schedule back to 7 races this year, i have signed on with Jim Dunn racing for the full 24 race schedule starting next weekend in Pomona Ca.
Good luck with it. We'll be pullin for ya.

http://www.bobbode.com/Crew.htm
Is that you EG?

You aren't driving John Hale's rig, are you? His nostalgia shop is about 2 stone throws from our shop.

Something special about running a 4 by 4 at high speed

You aren't driving John Hale's rig, are you? His nostalgia shop is about 2 stone throws from our shop.
Johns nostalgia team is seperate from Dunns Nhra team. I will be driving Dunns hauler and building cylinder heads this season and John will be driving dunns car for the full 24 race schedule. Plus, he will be driving his nostalgia car for a limited amount of races.

Reminds me of a video from a couple years ago of a guy doing this at Nurburgring.

WOW! Eleven years on the tour!! You should be congratulated for your endurance. Best of luck with the new race team. Hope you continue to enjoy it as much in the future as you have in the past. And stay here too!

WOW! Eleven years on the tour!! You should be congratulated for your endurance. Best of luck with the new race team. Hope you continue to enjoy it as much in the future as you have in the past. And stay here too!
Thank's, Actually, i have been out here about 17 years.:)

HO-LEE CH!T !!!! And I was thinking eleven years was a long time to be over the road. DAYUM!!! I chased NASCAR around the country in the late '80's and early 90's and got tired of that gig after while even though I had my Bride and corgis with us and our "home away from home", a 36 foot r/v which was easy to drive and very comfortable but still, the constant picking up and loading, traveling to the next race, unloading and getting setup, a different place each week, well, it became very wearing. Some people handle it better than others and some do enjoy the routine although working with a race team could hardly be called routine.

Back
Top Bottom