Talking Nascar with my mom

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
She is 82 can't hear real well, I have to yell and all in all, her mind is pretty much top notch. I say "pretty much" because...she doesn't know who all the drivers are. ( I have to tell her who they are, except for the obvious ones.) Except for Carl Edwards, she knows him as the nice looking fellow with the nice smile. She recognizes Greg Biffle too but can never remember his name. Last week, I introduced her to little Kyle Larson. This week she won't remember him.

She cheers Kurt, like me. It's the family way. She is so tickled when he finishes good and yes, she will sit through a whole race, watching.

Do your families watch?

Its really cool that your mother watches Nascar, even more cool that she doesnt cheer for Harvick :D

Do your families watch?
Thats the whole reason I even got into NASCAR.. My dad has been a fan most of his life, as a kid I couldn't understand why, "it's just a bunch of cars going in circles" (yeah.. I was one of those guys)... then it happened... 2009 he went to his first NASCAR race... The August Michigan race (Brian Vickers won)... I watched that entire race mostly because I was hoping to see my dad on tv lol... I've been hooked ever since. I have no doubt I would have ended up a fan either way because of how into it I am but I do have to thank my dad for going there and kick starting my love of NASCAR... It's funny.. the first race he ever went to got me hooked so much I became a bigger fan than he is, I have bugged him for years about how Joey will be great... we fight about it jokingly all the time... have developed somewhat of a rivalry ... and then the second race he ever went to.. (last weekend at Bristol) Joey won :D

I told him I'm buying him a ticket to Homestead... he said he wouldnt go lol

Nobody in my family appreciates nascar, which is why I left them in NY and moved to NC. ;)
Same here. My dad and uncle were the only ones who watched it in my family. Unfortunately, my dad passed away a few years ago, and I don't speak to my uncle very often these days (and he doesn't really follow it like he used to anyway).

It's all good, though - that's what my family here on R-F is for! :)

Same here. My dad and uncle were the only ones who watched it in my family. Unfortunately, my dad passed away a few years ago, and I don't speak to my uncle very often these days (and he doesn't really follow it like he used to anyway).

Same here. Looks like we both screwed up picking our new framily. This one is more dysfunctional than my old one. ;)

But they enjoy racing, so that's what's important.

I am a born and bred Buckeye, plus it is too hot and sticky to ever move down there.
I have lived in Ohio for my whole life, but i did live in SC for about 1.5 years. Everyone in Ohio assumes its too hot down there, and everyone in the south assumes the same, that is so much hotter in the south. Not really. During the summer is hot EVERYWHERE. I have experienced far hotter days in Quebec than I have in Ohio or South Carolina.. Places like Ohio don't really have any good point as far as weather goes... When its cold in Ohio, its decent down there. Where its very hot there, its very hot in Ohio too...

Love the new avatar lol evil Kyle :D

Had an aunt that died in 2007 at the age of 87 that was a huge NA$CAR fan, she watched it on a TV from the 1980s. If you came into her house you didn't speak a word while NA$CAR was on. She was a huge Dale Sr. fan. She absolutely hated when Jeff Gordon won a race. Her TV room was decorated in Dale Sr. memorabilia. My uncle her husband wasn't a NA$CAR fan at all whenever NA$CAR was on it was his nap time. Well at one time he was a NA$CAR fan and got my aunt into it but after The King left the sport as a driver so did he.

My whole family watches NASCAR pretty much. My mom and step dad were Mark Martin fans, now my mom pulls for Jimmie Johnson. My dad was a big Bill Elliott fan (which is why I was too), and now we're both Kasey Kahne fans.

I converted my girl friend to watch NASCAR too and now she's a big Carl Edwards fan. :D

My whole family watches NASCAR pretty much. My mom and step dad were Mark Martin fans, now my mom pulls for Jimmie Johnson. My dad was a big Bill Elliott fan (which is why I was too), and now we're both Kasey Kahne fans.

I converted my girl friend to watch NASCAR too and now she's a big Carl Edwards fan. :D

Does she like Carl's teeth, like my mom?

I used to watch NASCAR races with my dad all the time except for when he lived in Charlotte for a year. Unfortunately, he just moved to Miami, so it appears I won't be watching races with him anytime soon.

He did fly me in to see a couple of races (Charlotte and Bristol), but I have no interest in seeing the upcoming championship disaster.

I have lived in Ohio for my whole life, but i did live in SC for about 1.5 years. Everyone in Ohio assumes its too hot down there, and everyone in the south assumes the same, that is so much hotter in the south. Not really. During the summer is hot EVERYWHERE. I have experienced far hotter days in Quebec than I have in Ohio or South Carolina.. Places like Ohio don't really have any good point as far as weather goes... When its cold in Ohio, its decent down there. Where its very hot there, its very hot in Ohio too...

The main difference between up north and down south for me is the humidity. Sweating is useless down here, especially when you get down in Florida or New Orleans. Worked and lived in both places and never plan on going back.

Back on topic: My entire family has been fans since the old days. My Dad got me into it really young. The only one that doesn't like stock car racing is my younger sister, but I'm slowly trying to bring her into the fold.

Back
Top Bottom