Talladega 3 day washout

4tires17gals

Team Owner
The forecast looks poor with many models forecasting not cells but bands of rain.

I am good at forgetting to take out the garbage

You just never know what's going on beneath the surface.

Yep. Way too early to trust the 96-hour and 120-hour forecasts. Maybe time to extend the hotel reservation or campground space, but certainly too early to change other plans.

Not really. Our five day forecasts, where I live, have been pretty damn accurate. When they say on Monday it will rain on Saturday, it damn does.

I think it is a little early to press the panic yet too.
Last fall, I woke up in my RV the day of the Martinsville race to a downpour. It had been predicted to rain on race day all week long. Even Sunday morning the forecast was for rain. Enough that they felt the race would have to be run on Monday or at the very least it was going to be a rain shortened event. My wife and I drove to the track and sat in the parking lot under our EasyUp thinking that we had made the wrong choice. That was up until about noon. Long story short I watched Kenseth punt Logano into the wall below me in turn #1 that day. I also watch Jeff Gordon win his last race and the first night race @ Martinsville that day. Screw the forecast. They mean nothing. Sometimes not even on race day. Let's go racing!

Maybe they could just race in the rain? I mean other series do. I know I can drive to work on the rain sometimes and that's not a big deal. Put on the dang rain tires Brain France! And, make sure you get on all of the lug nuts.

A-freaken-men. Every other sport plays straight through but NASCAR gets delayed hours by a light drizzle. Except baseball, but that's more a pastime than a sport. If there's one upshot to decreasing track capacity it's that it makes it easier to put a roof over the stands in the future.

I'm going to be on the water all weekend... And the forecast is getting bleaker and bleaker in Parker, AZ. Cloudy and 20+ mph winds on Sunday. There is for-sure a storm coming thru SoCal at the end of the week and that makes me very nervous.

Anyways sorry to stray from the totally legit topic. I bet 'Dega is screwed this weekend. :D

I'm going to be on the water all weekend... And the forecast is getting bleaker and bleaker in Parker, AZ. Cloudy and 20+ mph winds on Sunday. There is for-sure a storm coming thru SoCal at the end of the week and that makes me very nervous.

Anyways sorry to stray from the totally legit topic. I bet 'Dega is screwed this weekend. :D
Its been windy for a week down here in the Valley, I wish the damn winds would blow out.

Last fall, I woke up in my RV the day of the Martinsville race to a downpour. It had been predicted to rain on race day all week long. Even Sunday morning the forecast was for rain. Enough that they felt the race would have to be run on Monday or at the very least it was going to be a rain shortened event. My wife and I drove to the track and sat in the parking lot under our EasyUp thinking that we had made the wrong choice. That was up until about noon. Long story short I watched Kenseth punt Logano into the wall below me in turn #1 that day. I also watch Jeff Gordon win his last race and the first night race @ Martinsville that day. Screw the forecast. They mean nothing. Sometimes not even on race day. Let's go racing!

God is a Martinsville Speedway fan because they have gotten so lucky, every year. Four days before races in Martinsville, it's 20 degrees and snowing. But somehow, it always ends up sunny and in the 60s or 70s on raceday... even if it's 15 degrees at 8am.

I mean, they have gotten some race s in that they had no business getting away with. One year, Hurricane Sandy's bands began hitting just a couple hours after the race ended. Rained for two straight days. Another time, it snowed the morning of the race. Another time, it stopped raining at 11am when it was forecasted to rain all day. Another time, it was 25° at 8am, but in the mid 60s by 1pm.

I wonder if NASCAR would let a 113 lap Talladega race end for Budget cuts? MHH a pivotal moment
between fans and precedent

There's always one of you on here! I'm talking about the right side of the globe..... NASCAR Country! :D

You had me scared there for a second. I thought I forgot to take out the garbage. :eek:

@Clutch will be returning to earth early next week .... providing the meteor shower doesnt interfere with his landing

in 2013 when Brad K won the spring race the whole state had bands of rains besdies the center. This forcast looks similair. Maybe the hills will cause enough lift for a 130 lap race.

Weatherman ... the only profession in the world (outside of lawyers and politicians) where you can be wrong 90% of the time and still be considered a success.
Especially in New Zealand.....actually 40% success rate and you would be a weather god.

I looked out my window but failed to see you :idunno:

Sorry I'm in Godzone. :)

I looked out my window but failed to see you :idunno:
Next week maybe.... I've been close but never set foot in Az

The forecast is clear for Friday so at least we'll get the ARCA race lol

is sorry for name of title thread . It will not be delayed 3 days. I overtrusted NOAA. By then I remember the government is not perfect and flawed.

Gonna be okay. NOAA has rain chance at 60% moving in after 2:00 p.m. Maybe a race to halfway, but I am feeling better about things.

Pretty sure that when Trump becomes President NOAA will never have rain in the forecast for NASCAR weekends.....because Brian France endorsed him.

Maybe you can vote for Shinzō Abe, since it has done such a grand job.

The low may be over Nashville now, maybe making a southern flow of rain at 3 pm. Would hate a 120 lap race. Does Helton rush intros anymore?

Back
Top Bottom