Talladega B!tching Thread

I used to love plate racing back in the day. Talladega is one of my favorite tracks.

This plate package is total garbage. The Gen 6 has ruined these places. Nobody can pass. Nobody can get a run.

It's boring and terrible. Add in the Chase fueled neutering of half the field and you get the parade we watched today.
The cars sure aren't as loose as they used to be in the old days.

The cars sure aren't as loose as they used to be in the old days.

We can thank NASCAR with this idiotic package. Bunch of boxes racing around sealed to the damn racetrack with a spoiler the size of a ruler.

can this also include the chase/points system bitching thread?

this is by far the worst playoff system I have ever seen in sports. No playoff system should promote intentionally losing the race like the chumps at JGR showed us today. an absolute disgrace and a middle finger to the fans

this is by far the worst playoff system I have ever seen in sports. No playoff system should promote intentionally losing the race like the chumps at JGR showed us today. an absolute disgrace and a middle finger to the fans
It really is. Like "oh look my driver finished 30th! Yaayyy" get the fk out of here. Is be fkn PISSED if I was a fan of any of the 3 of them.

That happens in every sport though, starters often get benched late in the season if their team already clinched a playoff birth. It still sucks when it happens though.

JGR did what they needed to do. Blame the system (RP, Chase).
To be fair, teams were doing this long before the Chase

Disclaimer, my above reply should not be took as me liking the Chase.

As much as all you folks like to bitch about the plate races...... If any of you happened to look at the stands today..... they looked full...... something that hasn't happened in quite a while...... but.. then again..... maybe that doesn't fit into your agenda about plate racing being boring and dropped from the schedule..... as far as I am concerned ...... if the Big boys can't take the pressure of running at 'Dega and Daytona..... like Sr. said...... wrap your ankles with kerosene rags so the chiggers don't eat your candy ass.

As much as all you folks like to bitch about the plate races...... If any of you happened to look at the stands today..... they looked full...... something that hasn't happened in quite a while...... but.. then again..... maybe that doesn't fit into your agenda about plate racing being boring and dropped from the schedule..... as far as I am concerned ...... if the Big boys can't take the pressure of running at 'Dega and Daytona..... like Sr. said...... wrap your ankles with kerosene rags so the chiggers don't eat your candy ass.
And, I want to add, the race thread was more active too for this race, for a race soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many say they hate.

And the tv ratings will be far higher than any other of the previous Chase races

Yeah, and One Direction sells out arenas world wide. Must be the best music

LMAO at these announcers acting like point position matters at lap 30 of a RP race

I watched most of the race on mute as the guys in the booth were awful. At one point I turned the volume on and every other word they said was "energy" which made no sense at all. "Chase Elliott has lost energy, does the outside row have enough energy to move forward, lots of energy at Martinsville." Was energy the word of the day?

I think I'm done posting here after plate races. Either there's complaining about the race being tame, or there's fear-mongering after crashes, no middle ground.

Onto Martinsville

My brother who lives in Alabama was at race with his wife.They spent $700.00 for the weekend,I spent $45.00 for college football on Saturday.He said he will not repeat this mistake,he is done with chase races.It doesn't pay for a team to take chances if they're in the chase field.

I think I'm done posting here after plate races. Either there's complaining about the race being tame, or there's fear-mongering after crashes, no middle ground.

Onto Martinsville
NASCAR fans are a strange group, they sure do bitch a lot of about something they say they like :lol2::lol2::lol2:

It makes the forum more entertaining right, it would be boring if we all shared the same opinion right ?

What a groundbreaking view.....
I have no idea whoever One Direction is....... nor do I care.... but..... I DO know 'Dega....... and the 4 plate races are the only ones I try to watch anymore...... I have been following Nascar since 1964....... I used to plan my weekends around racing.... my wife was never a Nascar fan.... but... always knew..... that's how it was..... starting when Brian took over from Bill Jr..... my interest started waning..... at this point...... I really don't care anymore...... so..... if you want to get in my face about anything..... feel free...... I have paid my dues to Nascar......... I have enjoyed the prior years immensely....... I just am like the empty seats you see at the track now....... disinterested...... I was glad to see the stands full today......

Who dressed Dale Jr for TV?
Of all the things I can find to complain about regarding plate racing, the attire of the booth crew will never even bump the meter.

When you sit around the living room, garage / man cave, or sports bar, do you do it with people in suits and ties? Hell, no. Sports announcers should be dressed like people you'd want to spend your recreational time with.

Beyond that, I'm sitting out this b!tch-fest.

I have no idea whoever One Direction is....... nor do I care.... but..... I DO know 'Dega....... and the 4 plate races are the only ones I try to watch anymore...... I have been following Nascar since 1964....... I used to plan my weekends around racing.... my wife was never a Nascar fan.... but... always knew..... that's how it was..... starting when Brian took over from Bill Jr..... my interest started waning..... at this point...... I really don't care anymore...... so..... if you want to get in my face about anything..... feel free...... I have paid my dues to Nascar......... I have enjoyed the prior years immensely....... I just am like the empty seats you see at the track now....... disinterested...... I was glad to see the stands full today......
Why are you posting in the thread dedicated to bitching about plate racing????

Plate races are some of the most watched and best attended events for sure and 10 years ago this race had close to 8 million viewers and 150,000 in attendance. Talladega ripped out approximately half its seats and I am guessing had around 70,000 attenders and will probably come in at about 4 million viewers.

Was there a race today. I must've missed it. Watching football and playing pool instead. :)

I watched my Birds beat the Vikes and am watching the Pats-Steelers on a delay and sandwiched an abbreviated version of the race in between. You did not miss anything by skipping the race but I am looking forward to Martinsville.

Plate races are some of the most watched and best attended events for sure and 10 years ago this race had close to 8 million viewers and 150,000 in attendance. Talladega ripped out approximately half its seats and I am guessing had around 70,000 attenders and will probably come in at about 4 million viewers.
Still better if they filled those 70,000......... than the other tracks that ripped out half the seats and still aren't half full.........it's a sad situation...... most of us here held Nascar racing dear to our heart........ not so much now with the general population that watched and attended during the 80's and 90's....... especially the 90's....

Back
Top Bottom