Talladega RACE thread

Right before she was interviewed she was staring at something off-camera and she looked like she wanted a set of pliers and a butter knife.

No doubt in my mind she isn't suffering from a concussion. I've had more than one in my lifetime that didn't involve anything close to going head-on into a wall at over 100 mph.

Rob Lopes ‏@tireguyeighty8 1h1 hour ago
Few things: As long as @DaleJr is ok it's a good day You'll have these days in big time auto racing Don't think Amelia will be invited back

I think Matt needs to get a grip on this one. Joey can be a turd sometimes but I don't think he intentionally ran the 20 below the line.

As stated already, he let him back in line at his own expense. Hardly the actions of someone trying to ruin your day.

I think we chalk it all up to plate racing.

No doubt in my mind she isn't suffering from a concussion. I've had more than one in my lifetime that didn't involve anything close to going head-on into a wall at over 100 mph.

Im sure she was checked out at the infield centre?

Looks like the race ended just in time. Radar says it's raining at Talladega right now:

Talladega Radar 5.gif

Reactions: Pat
Im sure she was checked out at the infield centre?
Yes, she was checked and released from the infield care center, the same place where she got her x-rays done at.

Matt's comment was this:

"The first thing that happened is (Logano) ran me off the racetrack, and that got us way behind........."

Ummmm, no Matt, that's not correct. When you passed Joey after getting run off the track, you were well out of a position that would have put you in danger...somehow, even after passing the 22, you found yourself later on, probably by your own doing, in a bad spot.

Ever heard of a driver saying he/she had a concussion after coming out of the infield centre? I would be surprised if she didn't suffer one at the Cali crash as well.

Is there a concussion protocol in NASCAR like in the NFL

jasn88cubs and DanicaFreak --- take your pissing match to Private Conversation or to The Podium.
Open forum is not the place to tear each other new ones.
Apologies. Just a little tense after todays goings on.

I feel the same way. Time for some wine and chill. Can you imagine what the drivers must be feeling after 500 miles of that insane type of racing.:eek:

yeah....she needed every bit of her tough exterior and fitness there. I bet she will have some wine tonight.....

I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. They now have a strict before season baseline assessment to compare with an after accident assessment. This is not the one Nascar implemented but it's really close.

Drivers shall complete a pre-season baseline concussion assessment:  Brain injury and concussion history.  Cognitive assessment.  Balance evaluation

So who's gonna be the substitute driver in the 10 at Kansas?

I just don't see why Matt is so bent out of shape over this. They barely made contact. Maybe mistake on the 22's part going down low when he thought they were all in line (that happens ALL the time in racing...simple mistakes...two cars can't occupy the same spot) OR maybe it was intentional on the 22's part. EITHER way, that didn't remotely come close to ending Matt's day.

Joey LET Matt back up off the apron and onto the track...if he wanted to be a real #$^%@# he would have just had to hug the yellow line and pinch Matt back to last place. But he didn't...Matt ended up AHEAD of the 22 after all that.

But honestly I have no idea where Matt thought he could go there. That would have been a very tight squeeze between the 22 and whoever was ahead of Joey. I've said it before, Joey is so far in Matt's head it's literally ruining the 20's career. How about he get in the Chase standings??? The 22 is 5th in the points...the 20 is 15th. Only 6 driver's have wins this year.

This isn't a kiddy go-cart series. Mistakes lead to consequences. Mistake or not he was facing a potential penalty for forcing Matt down. Matt was inside which means Joey was getting passed on the inside so that means Joey was in the second lane at that point. But it could just about be chaulked up as racing in the final laps at a plate race.:)

I remember reading about this a couple of years ago. They now have a strict before season baseline assessment to compare with an after accident assessment. This is not the one Nascar implemented but it's really close.

Drivers shall complete a pre-season baseline concussion assessment:  Brain injury and concussion history.  Cognitive assessment.  Balance evaluation

thanks @Johali . its appreciated, man. Glad ones in place.

I would bet the house there is one. Especially after DaleJr's revelation some years back.
There is. All drivers take a baseline concussion test before the season starts. Then after every incident they are given an imPACT test in the infield care center and the results are compared to those results from the preseason baseline test.

I used to really like Matt...... he's turned into the biggest whining curmudgeon that ever was....

Man, I still am so confused in regards to the late hate of Matt. He's not perfect, and Joey is far from an emotionally objective person himself (he's not). Matt feels justified in his mind and is projecting onto Joey. Keep in mind he's over 40 now.

Those variables aside, Matt has always been a likeable guy in my opinion and I'll always support him. I just don't get why people hate on him now. We all get defensive and project, it's literally human nature. Even now, I still think he's one of the more likeable drivers out there.

The one thing I took away from this race is Chase Elliot. What a damn good showing today. That kid has one hell of a future ahead of him.

I was on Logano's side last year during his feud with Kenseth, but he made a mistake knocking Kenseth out of line.

But then again, Kenseth was dead wrong for blaming Joey for his wreck, Joey let him back in line after.

I was on Logano's side last year during his feud with Kenseth, but he made a mistake knocking Kenseth out of line.

But then again, Kenseth was dead wrong for blaming Joey for his wreck, Joey let him back in line after.

I understand, and I feel you there. I'm not saying Matt wasn't wrong, cause he probably was. You can't make everyone happy in life, so you definitely can't make everyone happy at 200 mph 5 inches apart! I just think his behavior doesn't necessarily warrant disdain. To each their own though. Just my opinion ;)

Dillon is the most underrated driver in the cup series. Way better then Larson now

Chase is quickly becoming a very good plate racer. Unfortunately with him being a rookie he's still getting pushed around and treated as such often, but that's part of it. Seemed like the front of the field was very impatient and uneasy when he was leading. Could have been him being a bit timid also I suppose but with some of the moves that boy made throughout the day, I think timid is the least of his issues.

He'll win one of these soon. And that team needs to. They're building GREAT speedway cars, it's time they get rewarded for it.

Chase is quickly becoming a very good plate racer. Unfortunately with him being a rookie he's still getting pushed around and treated as such often, but that's part of it. Seemed like the front of the field was very impatient and uneasy when he was leading. Could have been him being a bit timid also I suppose but with some of the moves that boy made throughout the day, I think timid is the least of his issues.

He'll win one of these soon. And that team needs to. They're building GREAT speedway cars, it's time they get rewarded for it.
Chase had an awesome day,he will be a great and succesful driver!!

Oh, and I think that was one of the best races I've seen in a long while!!

Back
Top Bottom