Testing Ban is Stupid

Exactly, and there was a full testing schedule released for the upcoming Test Ban Year. What bull****.

Brian is losing it, who knows what he will dream up next. I heard a rumor that Nascar was going to adopt a playoff format :eek:

Brian is losing it, who knows what he will dream up next. I heard a rumor that Nascar was going to adopt a playoff format :eek:

I heard they are adopting the "Amazing Race" rules and Helton will decide after each chase race whether it was an elimination round or not . Also , they will be adding drivers back in to the chase as surprise returnees. Gotta keep it exciting for the non racing fans . :(

The way I've understood it since it was announced that all testing was going to be banned. Apparently I misunderstood. Going back and rereading it, it's clear that they said all private testing was banned. NASCAR didn't change their stance on testing. Trash NASCAR if you like but they're only doing what they said they'd do.

From back when this was all announced.....

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR announced a new rules package Tuesday that will ban all private testing in 2015, including the annual Daytona 500 test, and levy the stiffest penalty possible on any team caught conducting its own sessions.

The only testing allowed next season will be sessions conducted by NASCAR or Goodyear. Any team caught testing on its own will receive a P6 penalty, the highest on NASCAR's new punishment scale. It carries a loss of 150 points, a minimum $150,000 fine and a six-week suspension for the crew chief and other crew members.

from here

Last edited:
The way I've understood it since it was announced that all testing was going to be banned. Apparently I misunderstood. Going back and rereading it, it's clear that they said all private testing was banned. NASCAR didn't change their stance on testing. Trash NASCAR if you like but they're only doing what they said they'd do.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NASCAR announced a new rules package Tuesday that will ban all private testing in 2015, including the annual Daytona 500 test, and levy the stiffest penalty possible on any team caught conducting its own sessions.

The only testing allowed next season will be sessions conducted by NASCAR or Goodyear. Any team caught testing on its own will receive a P6 penalty, the highest on NASCAR's new punishment scale. It carries a loss of 150 points, a minimum $150,000 fine and a six-week suspension for the crew chief and other crew members.

from here

Yeah, kind of, not really. Jim Utter is reporting that there will be additional days added to these tests for teams to work on their own stuff.
http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com. I am not one to bash NASCAR, but I think the herky jerk comes from intimidation from the RTA. Teams will be testing and spending. I think it's funny that these rich dudes talk **** about saving money, and then the competitive juices start flowing, and it's like crack to a crack addict. Can't help themselves. Love it.

I heard they are adopting the "Amazing Race" rules and Helton will decide after each chase race whether it was an elimination round or not . Also , they will be adding drivers back in to the chase as surprise returnees. Gotta keep it exciting for the non racing fans . :(

They need to add a football to the mix somewhere

from here

"The only testing allowed next season will be sessions conducted by NASCAR or Goodyear."

That went right over my head! All this time I've been thinking there would be no testing. Now I would like to see a 2015 NASCAR testing schedule.

I wonder if a Cup team can provide a car to an ARCA team so the ARCA team could test it? I know the chassis aren't the same but there wouldn't be an obvious way of knowing which chassis is being tested.

Test 2 of the Testing Ban is January 19th in Vegas.

@dustinlong

#NASCAR Goodyear test today at Vegas with SHR (Busch), Penske (Kez), JGR (Kenseth) & JTG (Allmendinger). Only time cars on track b4 Daytona

Feedback from a couple drivers that tested yesterday.

from jayski.....

Monday's Goodyear tire test at Las Vegas Motor Speedway took on added importance for drivers #20-Matt Kenseth and #2-Brad Keselowski because of a slew of rules changes put in place this year by NASCAR. Kenseth and Keselowski were joined by fellow Sprint Cup Series drivers #41-Kurt Busch and #47-AJ Allmendinger for the one-day test on the 1.5-mile LVMS speedway. Although all Cup drivers will have to adjust to a number of changes this season, including a reduction in horsepower and a modified aero package, the biggest change will be NASCAR's ban on all private testing in 2015.

"I think any track time you get is really important with the new testing rules, banning all off-season testing, which I think we all like, but you've really got to take advantage of the tests when you get them and try to gather as much information as you can - hopefully useful information that you can use down the road," Kenseth said. "For us, we didn't run particularly well last year and we've got a new nose on the Camry this year and new rules changes and aero package and all that stuff, so we're just trying to get it sorted out and try to find a baseline and hopefully find something that drives good so we've got something decent when we come back here (March 6-8).

Keselowski, the defending winner of both the Kobalt 400 Sprint Cup Series race and the Xfinity Series Boyd Gaming 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, said he agreed with Kenseth. "More so than the changes to the car, the testing ban makes every test you do have that much more critical because you have so much less," Keselowski said. "In that light, a lot of what testing is isn't always developing the car, but you're developing your people, developing your techniques. We added two or three more people to our team so we're trying to develop them and get them up to speed, so it's really a great time for us as a team to have a test."

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom