Texas - AAA Texas 500 - Pre Race Thread

No way I am buying Gordon is second because that is where he wanted to be. Plus, why would it shock anyone that Matt got the POLE. Looks like JGR found some horsepower this week.

Obviously you want to win the pole but if not, second is where you would want to be next.

And I said no shock Matt won the pole considering Texas is probably his best track on the circuit.

Surprising qualifying run from Matt, considering he has only seven Top 10 efforts on unrestricted tracks this year. Surprisingly bad performances by the #11 and #2.

HMS and SHR look solid, and RCR has actually found some legitimate pace for Newman recently.

No way I am buying Gordon is second because that is where he wanted to be. Plus, why would it shock anyone that Matt got the POLE. Looks like JGR found some horsepower this week.
Bc matt is historically a bad qualifier & a good racer.

I hope that the fiasco that was the fall Phoenix race last year is fresh in their minds and they know that Sunday is their best chance to race for the title at Homestead.

I hope that the fiasco that was the fall Phoenix race last year is fresh in their minds and they know that Sunday is their best chance to race for the title at Homestead.

Pretty sure they havent forgotten, I sure havent ;)

Chaser's Chassis selections for Texas.....

#2-Brad Keselowski: will drive Primary Chassis PRS-918 at Texas, which last raced at Bristol in August, finishing 2nd. The Backup Chassis is PRS-902 which was last used as a backup at Kansas in October and last ran at Sonoma as the #22 car, finishing 16th.

#11-Denny Hamlin: chassis not reported on race preview.

#18-Kyle Busch: chassis not reported on race preview.

#20-Matt Kenseth: chassis not reported on race preview.

#22-Joey Logano: will drive Primary Chassis PRS-917 at Texas, which last ran at Bristol in August and won. The backup chassis is PRS-903 which last raced at Richmond in September and finished 6th.

#24-Jeff Gordon: crew chief Alan Gustafson has selected Hendrick Motorsports Chassis No. 24-907 for this Sunday's race. This chassis has been raced twice previously with Gordon posting runner-up finishes at Chicago in September and Charlotte in October. Gordon has one win, two pole positions, nine top-five finishes and 12 top-10s in 27 Sprint Cup starts at Texas. The 43-year-old driver is the only individual to compete in every Sprint Cup event at Texas. On April 5, 2009, Gordon led 105 laps en route to his lone victory in The Lone-Star State. That win was his 82nd career victory in NASCAR's premier division.

#31-Ryan Newman will drive chassis No. 491 on Sunday at Texas. This is a new Caterpillar Chevy being utilized under race conditions for the first time this weekend. Newman is looking to capture his second-career victory at the 1.5-mile oval when he makes his 23rd NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start at Texas. His win came in the spring of 2003 making him the youngest Texas winner at 25 years, 3 months and 22 days. The Rocket Man also won the pole for both Sprint Cup Series events in 2005 to complete the sweep. In total, he owns three top-five and five top-10 finishes. Newman has an average start of 16.6 and average finish of 19.1. HOLT CAT and Warren CATwill be featured on the #31 Caterpillar Chevy this weekend at Texas.

#99-Carl Edwards the #99 Aflac team will unload primary chassis RK-927 which was last run at Kansas, starting in the 12th spot and finishing 5th and at the second Michigan race, starting in the 19th spot and finishing 10th. Backup chassis RK-897 was Backup for second Charlotte race. Edwards has three wins at Texas in the Sprint Cup Series to include 2005 and a sweep in 2008. Edwards has 19 Sprint Cup starts at Texas with an average start of 12.9 and an average finish of 15.5.
Anyone else find it weird that Logano and Keselowski are using short track chassis this weekend?

What the hell happened the to 24 in second practice? Daaaamn 29th and 8mph off the fastest.

I was thinking about coming back Sunday for the cup race, but it's $111 for upper level seats o_O Guess I'm watching at home

What the hell happened the to 24 in second practice? Daaaamn 29th and 8mph off the fastest.

The middle practice times usually don't mean much. Happy hour will probably be a better indicator of what's happening.

It's that dad burn crew chief, and they gave him a second hand car, Jr wanted the good one, and Jimmy swiped the back up and painted it red real quick. :biggrin:

I was thinking about coming back Sunday for the cup race, but it's $111 for upper level seats o_O Guess I'm watching at home

Are you serious? Wow..

Well **** I guess someone has to pay for 'Big Hoss'.

This will be the first year I have not attended a race since at least 2004 (perhaps earlier).

How fitting that I fail to attend a race the same year that this POS playoff system was implimented.

This will be the first year I have not attended a race since at least 2004 (perhaps earlier).

How fitting that I fail to attend a race the same year that this POS playoff system was implimented.
q5p-anytime-someone-complains-about-a-fast-food-job-being-hard-having-work.jpg

Are you serious? Wow..

Well **** I guess someone has to pay for 'Big Hoss'.

Thankfully I went to cheap tickets.com and got the same tickets Gossage was selling for 55 bucks. Lesson learned here I guess is don't buy from the major sites.

nothin like dedication !

a shame ya'll miss prolly best texas race ever tho. :D

Back
Top Bottom