the 78 failed post race?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
They gonna take away his automatic advancement?

With the new rules, I think the 78 team is in trouble.

NASCAR picks and chooses who to throw the book at. I feel like a Toyota will come out smelling like a rose. They even went as far as stressing that he was barely out of spec. What difference does it make?!

Is there even a penalty for failing post race inspection? If there is it mustn't be that big a deal as I don't recall any substantive.

Probation for the crew chief and occasionally a fine or loss of points depending on severity of the infraction.

Nascar won't take away a win. Unless it's something lame like a rough driving penalty (Rudd 25 years ago) or some stupid yellow line BS (Regan Smith). But it's perfectly ok to fail inspection...

From Jayski

Truex, Johnson fail post-race inspection: The race-winning car of #78-Martin Truex Jr. and the 12th-place car of #48-Jimmie Johnson failed postrace measurements. They were at the lowest levels so Truex will be able to use the win to advance to the second round of the Chase.(ESPN.com)(9-18-2016)

Probation for the crew chief and occasionally a fine or loss of points depending on severity of the infraction.

Nascar won't take away a win. Unless it's something lame like a rough driving penalty (Rudd 25 years ago) or some stupid yellow line BS (Regan Smith). But it's perfectly ok to fail inspection...

If you fail post race inspection it would make sense to me that the penalty would be as if you had never even entered the race. You shouldn't even be scored and not get any points or any prize money.

It's a joke really. Every week high finishing cars fail post race inspection, and the reason it happens is because NASCAR's "penalties " are never severe and the teams know it. They don't take away wins so why not push the envelope. Win a race and you make the chase. Then once the chase starts win and auto advance to the next round. Fail post race and get fined 10 grand and 10 pts thst usually dont mean anything. Not a bad trade off is it?

Cole Pearn learned from Chad, cheatings fine if you win. Didn't The 78 fail post race at Darlington too?

Yeah, but jayski said it wasn't egregious enough to have the win taken away and didn't NASCAR just make the policy. Doubtful they would change it again to take away the win

Yeah, no, I know. The guy you were responding to said that they are taking away the advancement. They wouldn't announce it so soon regardless.

If Truex goes on to win it all, the post race inspection failure will give all of the other nations something to whine about and claim their nation is the true 2016 champion.

The future is bright.

Yeah, but jayski said it wasn't egregious enough to have the win taken away and didn't NASCAR just make the policy. Doubtful they would change it again to take away the win
They didn't say they would take away wins but they said winning would not automatically make you locked into the next round of the lottery chase.

Joey Logono has enough wins. He would have have won because he came in 2nd.

#78 fails inspections nearly every week.

At what point are punitive damages penalties handed out?

One of my favorite unencumbered victories of all time. What a drive by Martin!

I expect future winners to also "just slightly" fail inspection.

A Nascar race is like the circus coming to town as drivers laps down win races without un-lapping themselves, sometimes tires on pit road mean a caution and sometimes they don't and you can win a race and fail post race inspection and retain the win. Most of us that have been around the series expect all the oddities but a new fan would go tilt.

Sorry, I can't help but laugh at the whole "he just barely failed" garbage.

Back in my day,when the results were pass or fail. There was no in-between. You either passed and moved on or failed. Period. There was no discussion.

Back
Top Bottom