The end.

BenzTech99

Team Owner
Im sure I'll get flamed for this but here goes. Its been a good run but I've come to the conclusion that there is just no way I can root for a Toyota next year. Followed Carl since he was unsponsored in the truck series, but I guess im just too die-hard Ford. It will be an emotional week for me in Homestead this year, and I'll ofcourse still root for him till next season. But lets face it, his chances at Roush are slim and none. Joey, meet your newest fan.

Last edited:
You would leave your driver for a change in manufacturer?

IDK, each to their own, but Im a Patrick backer regardless what badge is on the hood.

Im sure I'll get flamed for this but here goes. Its been a good run but I've come to the conclusion that there is just no way I can root for a Toyota next year. Followed Carl since he was unsponsored in the truck series, but I guess im just too die-hard Ford. It will be an emotional week for me in Homestead this year, and I'll ofcourse still root for him till next season. But lets face it, his chances at Roush are slim and none. Joey, meet your newest fan.

Why not Kez? :D

Makes no sense.

Been a die hard Carl Edwards fan for 12 years, but because he is changing teams/makes you will no longer be a fan? That's crazy.

No, I would have been fine if it went to Penske. Actually I wanted him to go there. Its not the team, its the manufacturer.

I guess the biggest thing I how he was such a spokesperson for Ford and now I see that it was all an act. I know people talk up their sponsors but I dont think there is another driver in the garage that was a bigger spokesperson for Ford than Carl, until now. Whats he gonna do, the same thing for Toyota? Wont people be like, "hey wait a minute isnt that guy from all those Ford commercials like 6 months ago?"

I'm a start and park fan but I haven't had anybody to root for lately . Maybe I could take your place and root for Carl a bit . At least he'll have one fan. :)

No, I would have been fine if it went to Penske. Actually I wanted him to go there. Its not the team, its the manufacturer.

Once again, still makes no sense. It's not like Carl Edwards switching manufacturers, means you have to stop liking Ford's or being a Ford guy or sell your Ford's to root for him.

No offense...but Im confused benz.
I just would not leave Patrick, ever. My driver is my driver

I have never understood the emphasis that people put on manufacturer. Too each his own as was said earlier, but why is it so important? all manufacturers go through both ups and down over the years on the ractrack and on the road. Why the loyalty? I mean this is coming from a guy who has a Mitsubishi Endeavor SUV, but I dont get why people pull for manufacturers.

I dont think you guys would have the same attitude if your people went to Toyota, and were teammates with two of the biggest douchebags in the game.

I dont think you guys would have the same attitude if your people went to Toyota, and were teammates with two of the biggest douchebags in the game.

If patrick drove for toyota, Id cheer for her. There are douche bags, as you say that drive for each manufacturer

It's a holdover from the "old days" of NASCAR when the cars were as big of a star as the drivers were. If he was raised by a family that watched that era of racing I don't see what the big deal is.

If patrick drove for toyota, Id cheer for her. There are douche bags, as you say that drive for each manufacturer

When's the last time you saw Danica in a chevy commercial? And I dont mean the peak antifreze commercial where she was coincidentally driving a camaro...

It's a holdover from the "old days" of NASCAR when the cars were as big of a star as the drivers were. If he was raised by a family that watched that era of racing I don't see what the big deal is.

THANK YOU! FINALLY!

When's the last time you saw Danica in a chevy commercial? And I dont mean the peak antifreze commercial where she was coincidentally driving a camaro...

Everything she does with a car is chev--she even bought a chev tahoe for herself.

But the more I think about it I do understand.

I was fan in the late 80s of the NASCAR pontiac cause I liked how they looked. In the old days it made more of a difference even HP at that time. But I know now, Id follow my driver anywhere.

Just my opinion, but I think this is dumb. Maybe I am not "old school" enough or something. I started watching Nascar in 95 and always have been drawn to the competitors, not the manufacturers. Besides, as the old saying goes "There is nothing stock about stock car racing anymore."

I guess the biggest thing I how he was such a spokesperson for Ford and now I see that it was all an act. I know people talk up their sponsors but I dont think there is another driver in the garage that was a bigger spokesperson for Ford than Carl, until now. Whats he gonna do, the same thing for Toyota? Wont people be like, "hey wait a minute isnt that guy from all those Ford commercials like 6 months ago?"

What do you expect him to do? Love Ford so much that he would have to take a lesser deal in lesser equipment? If Ford was as loyal to him as he was to them they'd get him in a Penske car, or help Roush get back to the top.

Look at it this way. Being from New England, Im a big Patriots fan. If Tom Brady was traded to New York, do you think I would root for the Giants?

Too each their own.

JoLo's fanclub must have near a dozen members by now.

I hear ya Benz, It's like when they go over to the other side, they have a personality change.:biggrin: Carl going over to the other side like that...bad ju ju, tough times coming up for Carl
juju-doll-hers.jpg

Whaa, whaa, whaa...Toyota...so unamerican, blah blah blah. Toyota is as much American now, if not more, than Chevy, Dodge, and Ford.

I'm a fan of Chevy's....but I'd buy a Toyota over every single one of these makes at this point in my real life (as long as I don't have to race it and worry about it going all Toysploda on me).

Whaa, whaa, whaa...Toyota...so unamerican, blah blah blah. Toyota is as much American now, if not more, than Chevy, Dodge, and Ford.

Really? Im not the only one that begs to differ. Matter of fact, The person who co-owns the race team in your avatar hated Toyota so much he created his own race team.

i get it myself...i know a lot of Ford guys who would never buy a Chevy and Chevy guys who wouldn't buy a Ford, and in racing they are the same, they choose their favorite driver from their favorite manufacturers. myself i would never pull for HMS, no matter who goes into one of his cars. and most Jr fans i know only pull for Brad because he drove for Jr Motorsports. i bet if Jr switched to Ford, he would lose a lot of fans, more the older ones. and there's still a bunch of fans that hate Toyota, and don't think they belong in Nascar.

Look at it this way. Being from New England, Im a big Patriots fan. If Tom Brady was traded to New York, do you think I would root for the Giants?

I am a Texans fan and if Andre Johnson ever left for the Colts, Titans, or Jags and won a Super Bowl I'd be cheering him on the whole freaking way.

Sez the BenzTech. Last time I checked they don't run in NASCAR.:idunno:

Really? Im not the only one that begs to differ. Matter of fact, The person who co-owns the race team in your avatar hated Toyota so much he created his own race team.

He didn't hate Toyota, he just loved Chevy. Big difference. He'd have done the same if Gibbs had switched to Ford or Dodge at the time. As for Tony I cheered for him when he did drive that year in a Toyota too.

Back
Top Bottom