The end.

Ironic that just about everyone in this thread is for Chevy or Toyota. Are there no Ford fans in this forum?

There is a reason Ford doesn't pay, it's hard to make a buck when all you do is warranty work all day. Real Mechanics, outside the dealership loop make money actually fixing the fawk ups from the dealership and improving the product. I bought a new 1990 F250 HD Lariat it was a great truck after a hellish amount of warranty repairs were made. On it's maiden trip It developed a vibration and heavy clunking noise, pulled into a parts store parking lot and found the rear drive shaft at the differential ready to fall off. I bought a wrench and some loctite as was able to take care of the problem. By the way, this was the replacement truck for the original one I bought 3 months earlier which was deemed a "defective unit" by Ford Motor Company.

Ironic that just about everyone in this thread is for Chevy or Toyota. Are there no Ford fans in this forum?
It's not so much that - it's that most of the people in this thread are for the drivers and not so much the manufacturers.

There are Ford fans on here, perhaps not as many as the fans of the other makes, but they certainly exist. There are barely any competitive Fords in the field anymore though, so that isn't surprising, and most of the popular, big name drivers just happen to drive Chevys and Toyotas.

It's not so much that - it's that most of the people in this thread are for the drivers and not so much the manufacturers.

There are Ford fans on here, perhaps not as many as the fans of the other makes, but they certainly exist. There are barely any competitive Fords in the field anymore though, so that isn't surprising, and most of the popular, big name drivers just happen to drive Chevys and Toyotas.
....Oh, and don't cry if their driver signs with a new manufacturer

I guess that makes 3 non-constructive posts for me now in the most non-consrtuctive thread in the history of the forum.

I'm a Ford fan but first, I'm a driver fan. Started out a fan of The Wood brothers, David Pearson, Cale Yarborough, Davey Allison, Purolator, Motorcraft, Yates Racing...The sport evolved
I like Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards and Ford (3 unpopular choices on this forum) and I don't GAF. :)

hmm lets see, we have one horse ponys, brand fans, and the most popular, metamorphics. Not to mention transgenders - still trying to figure out if they will continue to watch when football season starts.

I beg to differ. The Penske Fords have been way more competitive than the Gibbs Toyotas this year. I dont even count MWR.

There is a reason Ford doesn't pay, it's hard to make a buck when all you do is warranty work all day. Real Mechanics, outside the dealership loop make money actually fixing the fawk ups from the dealership and improving the product. I bought a new 1990 F250 HD Lariat it was a great truck after a hellish amount of warranty repairs were made. On it's maiden trip It developed a vibration and heavy clunking noise, pulled into a parts store parking lot and found the rear drive shaft at the differential ready to fall off. I bought a wrench and some loctite as was able to take care of the problem. By the way, this was the replacement truck for the original one I bought 3 months earlier which was deemed a "defective unit" by Ford Motor Company.
FORD = Found on road, dead.

So because I work for a dealer, im not a real mechanic? Ha. Get a clue. Any more 24 year old Ford stories you wantto share with the class?

Looks like I made a good choice with a win at Bristol! The hell with all you nay-sayers!

Only thing I'm a nay sayer about is picking who you like based off what they drive. If you're a fan of a driver you're a fan of a driver no matter what's on the front of the car. You're not a Joey fan, you're a Ford fan.

Only thing I'm a nay sayer about is picking who you like based off what they drive. If you're a fan of a driver you're a fan of a driver no matter what's on the front of the car. You're not a Joey fan, you're a Ford fan.

Thats your opinion. BTW, loved your new duct tape paint scheme tonight. Reeeeeally nice.

I beg to differ. The Penske Fords have been way more competitive than the Gibbs Toyotas this year. I dont even count MWR.
Penske has been the only Ford team that's run well all year long, and that's two cars. Roush had a great night tonight at Bristol for the first time in ages, but overall they've pretty much been junk this year and for the last few years, other than Carl (who you just disowned) in 2011. And who's even left other than Penske and Roush? RPM and Front Row? LOL.

I'm not even biased against the Fords or anything - I'm just calling it like I see it.

Penske has been the only Ford team that's run well all year long, and that's two cars. Roush had a great night tonight at Bristol for the first time in ages, but overall they've pretty much been junk this year and for the last few years, other than Carl (who you just disowned) in 2011. And who's even left other than Penske and Roush? RPM and Front Row? LOL.

I'm not even biased against the Fords or anything - I'm just calling it like I see it.

yeah you are biased :biggrin:Last time I looked, only one car won it all at the end of the year. And this year it will be a Ford or a Chevy. And if you are handing out "junk" awards, the junk of the night award goes to the Toyota camp. 2 cars in the top 17? ..Bad luck, sure, that helped. But c'mon realistically, do you really think a driver from Gibbs or Waltrip is going to win it all this year? The handwriting on the wall has been there for weeks. You got points racer Kenseth as Toyota's only hope with zero wins and a bunch of top 20's. Shaping up to be a classice Ford Chevy battle...Toyota..thanks for the memories..maybe next year RIP. excuse me I got to find the fat lady.:biggrin:

Looks like I made a good choice with a win at Bristol! The hell with all you nay-sayers!
image.jpg

I think the cool thing about this sport is that there are so many angles from which you can care. That makes it way different than stick and ball. As a manufacturer loyal--more specifically a builder loyal--person, I have a stable of drivers. I have my favorite, but a Toyota win is celebrated in my house with grog from my TRD Victory Mug. No ****. I am sure that my buddy, StandOnIt, is ready to light me up on all of this, so I will beat him to the punch.....This rough season only strengthens my brand loyalty. In this Girl Scout ***** world we live in, you always have to be with the winner. bull****. Getting kicked in the crotch repeatedly makes it all the more sweet when you get to the mountain top. I'm waiting.....and my crotch hurts. :confused:

yeah you are biased :biggrin:Last time I looked, only one car won it all at the end of the year. And this year it will be a Ford or a Chevy. And if you are handing out "junk" awards, the junk of the night award goes to the Toyota camp. 2 cars in the top 17? ..Bad luck, sure, that helped. But c'mon realistically, do you really think a driver from Gibbs or Waltrip is going to win it all this year? The handwriting on the wall has been there for weeks. You got points racer Kenseth as Toyota's only hope with zero wins and a bunch of top 20's. Shaping up to be a classice Ford Chevy battle...Toyota..thanks for the memories..maybe next year RIP. excuse me I got to find the fat lady.:biggrin:
LOL. Says the president of the ABT brotherhood. ;)

I'm more concerned with the overall picture than just one night at Bristol, but since you brought it up, ol' Sunshine (Kyle) was running great last night until he sped on pit road and then got caught up in Vickers' mess, and Hamlin was running great until Harvick took him out, from the lead, I might add. Kenseth was in the mix for the win. No, MWR wasn't a factor, but as you acknowledged, luck certainly was. All three Gibbs cars looked stout and led at some point during that race.

Looking at that overall picture, yes, Toyota has had an uncharacteristic off year this year, but for the last few years, between JGR and MWR, they've been pretty darn good. MWR was really starting to establish themselves as a legit organization last year until the Richmond fiasco caused them to lose the 56 team. Before this year, JGR's only real hiccup came when they initially switched from their own engines to TRD's stuff. They'll be fine. They spend way too much money and have way too many talented drivers to stay down forever.

Chevy's dominance is undeniable and goes without saying, but again, the only Fords that have run great all season long are the two Penske cars. That good for nothing traitor, Carl Edwards, has won two races pretty much on strategy, and quite frankly, I'm impressed that he's even been able to do that much in that 99 car.

As for the championship, I couldn't care less who wins it this year because, as I have said countless times already, I hate the silly new points format. But to answer your question, yeah, a Toyota could darn well win it - any one of the 16 drivers that make it in could win it no matter what they're driving. All they have to do is survive 'till the Homestead Bowl and then get lucky.

I'm more concerned with the overall picture than just one night at Bristol, but since you brought it up, ol' Sunshine (Kyle) was running great last night until he sped on pit road and then got caught up in Vickers' mess, and Hamlin was running great until Harvick took him out, from the lead, I might add. Kenseth was in the mix for the win. No, MWR wasn't a factor, but as you acknowledged, luck certainly was. All three Gibbs cars looked stout and led at some point during that race.

Looking at that overall picture, yes, Toyota has had an uncharacteristic off year this year, but for the last few years, between JGR and MWR, they've been pretty darn good. MWR was really starting to establish themselves as a legit organization last year until the Richmond fiasco caused them to lose the 56 team. Before this year, JGR's only real hiccup came when they initially switched from their own engines to TRD's stuff. They'll be fine. They spend way too much money and have way too many talented drivers to stay down forever.

Chevy's dominance is undeniable and goes without saying, but again, the only Fords that have run great all season long are the two Penske cars. That good for nothing traitor, Carl Edwards, has won two races pretty much on strategy, and quite frankly, I'm impressed that he's even been able to do that much in that 99 car.

As for the championship, I couldn't care less who wins it this year because, as I have said countless times already, I hate the silly new points format. But to answer your question, yeah, a Toyota could darn well win it - any one of the 16 drivers that make it in could win it no matter what they're driving. All they have to do is survive 'till the Homestead Bowl and then get lucky.

Great perspective.....I might add that JGR came to TRD because they were popping engines. Fontana, 2011.....TRD takes JGR motors to Costa Mesa for the teardown. Coach was in the room the whole time. It was at that point that the unique relationship between JGR and TRD began. Shortly thereafter, MWR came into prominence because JGR started sharing information at TRD's request. JGR now has their set ups in order, and it's up to TRD to give them some grunt. MWR will be fine, but getting a third team back would be better. Probably won't happen with the addition of the fourth at JGR.

Agreed that anything could happen. This new Chase format makes so much possible. Any cut into Hendrick's advantage would put JGR in the game given their talent. I believe that the Chase spec motor will be unveiled this weekend. This will tell the tale to an extent IMO.

Great perspective.....I might add that JGR came to TRD because they were popping engines. Fontana, 2011.....TRD takes JGR motors to Costa Mesa for the teardown. Coach was in the room the whole time. It was at that point that the unique relationship between JGR and TRD began. Shortly thereafter, MWR came into prominence because JGR started sharing information at TRD's request. JGR now has their set ups in order, and it's up to TRD to give them some grunt
Read this in morgan freeman's voice

So because I work for a dealer, im not a real mechanic? Ha. Get a clue. Any more 24 year old Ford stories you wantto share with the class?

There are plenty of Ford stories just do a google search. I just don't recommend professing to be "Tied and true Ford blue till the end" while wearing a Benz name tag. You should have expected the good natured ribbing you received from your fellow race fans.

The ABT Brotherhood...that's cute. Kinda like a "No Girls Allowed" sign in a treehouse.

Toyotas are yucky and will give you cooties.

Agreed that anything could happen. This new Chase format makes so much possible. Any cut into Hendrick's advantage would put JGR in the game given their talent. I believe that the Chase spec motor will be unveiled this weekend. This will tell the tale to an extent IMO.

Hendrick's advantage? How about all things Chevy or Ford?:biggrin: ah so, the super secret Chase spec motor..this sounds like an attempt to string along the Toyota fans so they don't jump ship. Ah grasshopper, we will patiently await to see the blinding speed of the Toyota's at Atlanta this weekend.

Great perspective.... I believe that the Chase spec motor will be unveiled this weekend. This will tell the tale to an extent IMO.

Yes, but will it be able to break through a sheet of rice paper without the aid of Fire, Water, Wind or Ice and not leaving behind a blemish????????;)

When my favorite driver Ernie Irvan switched from my beloved Chevrolet to Ford, I was pissed. I still cheered for Ernie but he was no longer my favorite when he left Chevy. Granted I was only 7 years old, but I digress.

Jeff Gordon is my all time favorite driver, and I would still be upset if he left Chevy (luckily that will never happen). But even if he did, there's no way in hell he would stop being my favorite.

That being said, I do come from an old school, brand loyal family, so I totally understand where you're coming from. Especially since its Carl Edwards who we're talking about, who has always struck me as the biggest phony in racing.
Jeff Gordon left Ford to drive for Chevy. Ford spent a ton of money bringing Jeff along. That's was when I quit being a Jeff Gordon fan. Over the years I have been a big Woods brothers can because they were and are still a Ford team. Yes I'm a Roush fan and I was also a big Junie Donleavy fan. Now let's talk Bill Ellliott. I had a hard time when he went to Dodge, but also being a MOPAR fan as well as A Ford fan softened the blow. I totally get where your coming from. I just can't root for a Toy-Oater.

Jeff Gordon left Ford to drive for Chevy. Ford spent a ton of money bringing Jeff along. That's was when I quit being a Jeff Gordon fan. Over the years I have been a big Woods brothers can because they were and are still a Ford team. Yes I'm a Roush fan and I was also a big Junie Donleavy fan. Now let's talk Bill Ellliott. I had a hard time when he went to Dodge, but also being a MOPAR fan as well as A Ford fan softened the blow. I totally get where your coming from. I just can't root for a Toy-Oater.
You stopped being a Jeff Gordon fan before he had any real success?

You stopped being a Jeff Gordon fan before he had any real success?
He was going into his first year in cup. Hendrick just signed him from Bill Davis Racing in the Busch series where he was going to be the next big thing for Ford Racing. I'm a die hard Ford guy. I make no apologies about that.

Back
Top Bottom