The end.

He was going into his first year in cup. Hendrick just signed him from Bill Davis Racing in the Busch series where he was going to be the next big thing for Ford Racing. I'm a die hard Ford guy. I make no apologies about that.
He was part time at Bill Davis Racing in the Busch series not cup and didn't have a contract so no one stole him. He made the right choice. Click on the link below.

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...storied-career-could-have-been-different.html

Jeff Gordon left Ford to drive for Chevy. Ford spent a ton of money bringing Jeff along. That's was when I quit being a Jeff Gordon fan. Over the years I have been a big Woods brothers can because they were and are still a Ford team. Yes I'm a Roush fan and I was also a big Junie Donleavy fan. Now let's talk Bill Ellliott. I had a hard time when he went to Dodge, but also being a MOPAR fan as well as A Ford fan softened the blow. I totally get where your coming from. I just can't root for a Toy-Oater.
No they didn't. He was a part time driver without a contract and had not even talked to him or Ray Evernham about a contract. They don't spend any amount of money on a driver without a contract. Even back then.

As a mechanic myself, I'm gonna guess he works on Mercedes because he'll always have steady work since they're piles of ****.

Amiright?

Thats correct. Fords dont break guys! Come on!
If you are such a hard core Ford guy, why not work for Ford?, does MB pay more?, is it a money thing?, that I can understand.

But look at it this way, the way some of us see it, you are this supposed hard core Ford guy, you bleed Ford blue, but yet you work for Mercedes Benz, but wont be a fan of Carl because he is going to be driving for Toyota next, thats sort of like calling the kettle black if you will.

There are three types of fans, the driver fans, the manufacture fan, and the racing fan, there is nothing wrong with being either one of them.

No they didn't. He was a part time driver without a contract and had not even talked to him or Ray Evernham about a contract. They don't spend any amount of money on a driver without a contract. Even back then.
Gordon wasn't part time at BDR in the Busch Series. He started every race for them in 1992.

The ABT Brotherhood...that's cute. Kinda like a "No Girls Allowed" sign in a treehouse.

Toyotas are yucky and will give you cooties.
url-1.gif

Carl needs his head examined IMO. Kenseth is having his worst year since 2010, Busch since 2012, Hambone since 2011. Poor Boyer is having his worst year ever since 06. Good career move eh Carl? :biggrin:

I see how ya are..you love the chase now do ya? flip floppin just like ol Carl. you guys deserve each other.
Didn't say I loved it. I quite dislike it actually. Just saying they're all there. Even under last year's format they'd all be there as of now. Kenseth and Bowyer are top-10 in points, KyBu and Hamlin are only guys 11-20 in points with wins.

Carl is doing better than all of them driving a Ford. I guess with Yota logic, he will do better next year...

Gordon wasn't part time at BDR in the Busch Series. He started every race for them in 1992.
He started every race but was considered part time because it was their choice not to be locked down with him in a contract. They paid him as little as they could and let it be known that he could be let go at any time. To me that's part time.

Another Ford fan here. My father worked for them for 35 years, myself 10. It put food on the table, and to that I am partially loyal forever.

My favorite all time driver was mark martin. When he moved to chevy I had a hard time accepting it but eventually did. His move to toysploda ruined it for me.

He started every race but was considered part time because it was their choice not to be locked down with him in a contract. They paid him as little as they could and let it be known that he could be let go at any time. To me that's part time.
Oh OK, so he was on kind of a "race to race" basis then.

Gordon obviously made the right decision going with Hendrick. Even if he had gone to Cup with BDR, I think he would have done the same thing Bobby Labonte did and left after a couple of years for a better team. I don't think Gordon's move to HMS was a slap in the face to Ford. BDR ended up switching to Pontiac a year later anyway.

[quote="ToyYoda, post: 828379, member: 7209"]Oh OK, so he was on kind of a "race to race" basis then.

Gordon obviously made the right decision going with Hendrick. Even if he had gone to Cup with BDR, I think he would have done the same thing Bobby Labonte did and left after a couple of years for a better team. I don't think Gordon's move to HMS was a slap in the face to Ford. BDR ended up switching to Pontiac a year later anyway.[/quote]

Yep. If you read the full article it makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom