The latest to be bit by the new lug nut rule

But ... safety!

Once again, an errant wheel and tire has been prevented from flying into the crowd and killing someone. It's a good thing Tony Stewart rode to NASCAR's rescue.

Perspective.....

@jeff_gluck

The penalty for the winner failing postrace inspection at NH was 15 pts, a $25k CC fine and no suspension or probation. But a lug nut..

Yeah, and he's an engineer? I mean, really, isn't the other side of the coin here that what was wrong with the 20 was so insignificant that the stupid lug nut rule was worse? SMDH.

Yeah, and he's an engineer? I mean, really, isn't the other side of the coin here that what was wrong with the 20 was so insignificant that the stupid lug nut rule was worse? SMDH.
Either way it's a joke - if they don't want it to be seen that way they need to disclose details.

Either way it's a joke - if they don't want it to be seen that way they need to disclose details.

Rear toe out of compliance I understand. Out of compliance to a degree so insignificant that it made lug nuts a story again. Rodney's chippiness reminds me of his driver. He should stay true to who he is which by all accounts, is a nice guy. It isn't like the 4 has passed every laser inspection. Pot, kettle, black.

Rear toe out of compliance I understand. Out of compliance to a degree so insignificant that it made lug nuts a story again. Rodney's chippiness reminds me of his driver. He should stay true to who he is which by all accounts, is a nice guy. It isn't like the 4 has passed every laser inspection. Pot, kettle, black.
Would love to see or read what RC said , especially if he's sounding like his bitch driver.

Does Smoke feel guilty about the lug nut issue? He joined Claire B. Lang to discuss that and more.

Audio link.

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnascar/07-28-16-di-smoke-for-sc-6400459

Also included within that interview (not sure it's in your link) is Smoke's take on Indy (basically that everybody should shut the hell up about it), and an unfortunate wise crack about lightning at Pocono. Thank you Smoke about Indy, and don't do PR for SHR after retirement.

Also included within that interview (not sure it's in your link) is Smoke's take on Indy (basically that everybody should shut the hell up about it), and an unfortunate wise crack about lightning at Pocono. Thank you Smoke about Indy, and don't do PR for SHR after retirement.
The entire interview isn't there but I heard it and it was classic Tony. Good stuff.

My mind must have been wondering during whatever he had to say about lighting as I didn't hear that.

As far as his thoughts on Indy. Those are his thoughts and he's certainly entitled to them like we all are.

Those are his thoughts and he's certainly entitled to them like we all are.

Well, certainly, but Smoke's take might carry a little bit more weight than most I would think. I mean, the guy had the balls to say that racing at Talladega and Daytona sucks, and he would know because he has been there. I respected the fact that he pointed out that many drivers drove through the field, and that the technical nature of the track has merit.

Oh. Well that wasn't too whiny ....... Pretty truthful actually. Lol

Yeah, but he has been running his mouth on Twitter all morning. Funny, he never said a word when Adam Stevens suffered the same fate. In fact, I don't think that Adam said anything either.

If NASCAR is really serious about this potentially fatal form of cheating they’ll strip Bowman of his top ten finish.

Send a message to the teams. Zero tolerance.

Grateful Stewart brought this to the collective attention of the dedicated fans and NASCAR.

Hendrick No. 88 team penalized following Bowman's career-best finish

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...following-bowman-s-career-best-finish-840430/

Improperly installed lugnut.

Kevin-Hart-meme-funny-face.jpg

Logano faces fine for unsecured lug nut: #22-Joey Logano's team faces a fine of $10,000 after they had 19 of 20 lug nuts secure following the Sprint Cup race Sunday night at Texas Motor Speedway. Penalties are typically announced on Tuesday or Wednesday. Elliott Sadler's NASCAR XFINITY team also had an unsecured lug nut after Saturday's race.

jayski

NASCAR fined Todd Gordon, crew chief of the No. 22 Ford driven by Joey Logano, following the AAA Texas 500 at Texas Motor Speedway.

The Team Penske crew chief was fined $10,000 for a lug nut infraction after Logano finished second in the rain-shortened race.

I'm thinking that Todd should forward that bill to Tony Stewart. Thanks again Tony for calling out what was a non issue.

Blickensderfer fined for missing lug nut after Daytona 500

NASCAR released its weekly Post-Event Penalty Report, this week for Daytona International Speedway, only one penalty was announced: Drew Blickensderfer, the crew chief for #43-Aric Almirola of Richard Pettyt Motorsports, was fined $10,000 for Lug nut(s) not properly installed at Daytona 500 post-race inspection.

Of note, ESPN's Bob Pockrass mentioned in a Tweet that two lug nuts not properly installed is a one race suspension, three lug nuts not properly installed is a 35 point driver/owner points penalty AND a three-race suspension.

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017...ckensderfer-fined-missing-lug-nut-daytona-500

A shout out to Tony.

I wonder if Stewart would take that whole thing back if he could?

Probably was on the right sides, to cheat up with a 0.0129834 oz weight savings.
Serious Stuff.

The latest is especially sweet..... Huh Tony? LMAO

NASCAR Fines Childers

NASCAR fined, Rodney Childers, crew chief of the No. 4 Ford in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, for a lug nut violation following the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The Stewart-Haas Racing crew chief was fined $10,000 after one of the lug nuts was not secure in the post-race check. Driver Kevin Harvick finished eighth in the race.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...les/2017/05/NASCAR-Fines-Rodney-Childers.aspx

The latest is especially sweet..... Huh Tony? LMAO

NASCAR Fines Childers

NASCAR fined, Rodney Childers, crew chief of the No. 4 Ford in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, for a lug nut violation following the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

The Stewart-Haas Racing crew chief was fined $10,000 after one of the lug nuts was not secure in the post-race check. Driver Kevin Harvick finished eighth in the race.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...les/2017/05/NASCAR-Fines-Rodney-Childers.aspx
:D

Just around the corner?

Kyle Busch's crew chief faces potential suspension after tire comes off

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/19535227/kyle-busch-tire-comes-car-pit-stop

DBfvja7V0AA_Qi5.jpg:large

I would think that some Nascar lackey will come forth and tell us how this rule doesn't apply to what happened to the 18 yesterday. As far as I am concerned no one on the 18 team should be penalized as it was "just one of them racin' deals" and what transpired certainly wasn't because the 18 team was trying to gain an advantage and the incident may have cost them a shot at the win.

I would think that some Nascar lackey will come forth and tell us how this rule doesn't apply to what happened to the 18 yesterday. As far as I am concerned no one on the 18 team should be penalized as it was "just one of them racin' deals" and what transpired certainly wasn't because the 18 team was trying to gain an advantage and the incident may have cost them a shot at the win.

The rules set forth by Nascar apply to all the drivers

They should absolutely be penalized. The exact same thing happened to the /9 truck team and they were nailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and in this case it is true, "slow down and go faster" ask Denny's crew. LOL

Nonsense. Rules are rules. "Fair" and auto racing never fit in the same sentence.

Yours truly,

A Forum NASCAR Lackey

I will be surprised if Nascar doesn't finagle its way out of this and I will also be disappointed as it is fun watching Nascar contradict itself and the 18 team essentially penalized themselves by taking them out of contention for the win.

I will just say regarding the 18 penalty, Nascar has never taken notice to the fact any violation was unintentional or detrimental to the team rather than an advantage.

I will just say regarding the 18 penalty, Nascar has never taken notice to the fact any violation was unintentional or detrimental to the team rather than an advantage.

But then again Nascar often has dubious interpretations of its rules and sometimes just ignores them or excuses them away. To save face they have to adhere to what the rules say but that punishment is draconian for what transpired.

Reactions: Pat
Back
Top Bottom