The Mayfield Story

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Someone's gonna post it sooner or later. The Mayfield story told from his side. I know he's still got some fans out there. Here's the first part of some series that they are putting out there.

The Mayfield Story | Part I - "The Fall"

You'd think he'd save that money for more important things. I mean I doubt he's making that much money anymore. What he does have, he needs to save.

Don't let the passage of time rewrite history folks. J2 is counting on a lot of things being forgotten over the years since his failed drug tests. He'll tell his side of the story knowing that NASCAR and other parties involved won't respond in kind.

The guy is a victim of everything. :rolleyes: He plays that part well.

2 important things I learned from this video.

1) All this happened to Jeremy because he called Ray Evernham an absentee owner.
2) The Mayfield's bought some Orgreenic frying pans.

Now I need to know how many cans of Flexseal he has in his garage.

I have a feeling the Mayfields are shopping his story as a TV movie. Make money, embarrass nascar.

image.jpg

he should have watched how dinger handled the deal. if he just came out and said this is what I did. I am sorry and I screwed up. I let everyone down.

I know I'm in the minority but I've always felt NASCAR screwed Mayfield in that deal. I've read some interesting things online about the subject. I've never been convinced he smoked meth or had meth in his posession(when they searched and "found it")... Yeah I think all of that theft **** might be false.... I feel like John Franklin was in a jam, spewed allegations at mayfield in hopes of covering his own ass, and Catawba/Iredell/Caldwell Counties and NASCAR(working together) ran with it.. Perhaps blurring the lines between what's legal and what's not legal.

But the Mayfields did go about it the wrong way. That said, if I was in that position, I might just walk away...

NASCAR is sheisty... You're in denial if you don't see it.

I know, you all think I'm nuts. I probably am.
Flame on.....

he should have watched how dinger handled the deal. if he just came out and said this is what I did. I am sorry and I screwed up. I let everyone down.
If I don't smoke crack and the whole country points at me and calls me a crackhead.. My livelihood taken away.. I dunno how graceful I would be. Kinda hard to 'admit' to something that heavy.

I know I'm in the minority but I've always felt NASCAR screwed Mayfield in that deal. I've read some interesting things online about the subject. I've never been convinced he smoked meth or had meth in his posession(when they searched and "found it")... Yeah I think all of that theft **** might be false.... I feel like John Franklin was in a jam, spewed allegations at mayfield in hopes of covering his own ass, and Catawba County and NASCAR(working together) ran with it.. Perhaps blurring the lines between what's legal and what's not legal.

But the Mayfields did go about it the wrong way. That said, if I was in that position, I might just walk away...

NASCAR is sheisty... You're in denial if you don't see it.

I know, you all think I'm nuts. I probably am.
Flame on.....

If I don't smoke crack and the whole country points at me and calls me a crackhead.. My livelihood taken away.. I dunno how graceful I would be. Kinda hard to 'admit' to something that heavy.

I remember reading that an independent lab reviewed nascar's original test results and concluded nascar's test could not possibly be correct in that it showed "astronomical" amounts of meth in the results. That he would have had to have been a very heavy user of meth and that he couldn't have survived with that amount of meth in his system.

The guy that did the review was the chief toxicology expert for the Florida medical examiner. A pretty credible source imo

I remember reading that an independent lab reviewed nascar's original test results and concluded nascar's test could not possibly be correct in that it showed "astronomical" amounts of meth in the results. That he would have had to have been a very heavy user of meth and that he couldn't have survived with that amount of meth in his system.

The guy that did the review was the chief toxicology expert for the Florida medical examiner. A pretty credible source imo

Can I please have a source on this? I'm interested in reading this for myself. :)

Can I please have a source on this? I'm interested in reading this for myself. :)

Man, that was many years ago. I don't have the link saved.

I could try to find it through Google but I'm just telling what I read.

Maybe I'll do a search for it when I have the time. If you want to search for it try...

Google / Florida medical examiner disputes nascar's drug test results for Jeremy Mayfield / search.

Man, that was many years ago. I don't have the link saved.

I could try to find it through Google but I'm just telling what I read.

Maybe I'll do a search for it when I have the time. If you want to search for it try...

Google / Florida medical examiner disputes nascar's drug test results for Jeremy Mayfield / search.

Thanks, I'll find it on my own. :)

I do not put anything past any large corporation should you make waves. I am not paranoid as I have seen where people got screwed over solely because they questioned and did not go with the flow.
I would not know meth if you dropped a truck load of it in my front yard, I do know from reading and seeing reports that meth users suffer with severe dental decay issues. Mayfield's teeth look pretty good to me.

I do not put anything past any large corporation should you make waves. I am not paranoid as I have seen where people got screwed over solely because they questioned and did not go with the flow.
I would not know meth if you dropped a truck load of it in my front yard, I do know from reading and seeing reports that meth users suffer with severe dental decay issues. Mayfield's teeth look pretty good to me.

Yeah I always wondered why he didn't look like a tweaker. The dead key witness said he used to consume up to an ounce a day(basically a truckload) Lmao.

Thanks, I'll find it on my own. :)

ok, I did a quick search to see if I could find it.
I was mistaken in that it wasn't the original results that were examined, but a later test by nascar.
Apparently after the original test, and later while Jeremy was fighting nascar, he was being tested several times a week by an independent lab because he was trying to be reinstated through the courts to race. All his tests were coming back negative, when nascar tested him again and came up with a positive drug test from Jeremy. It was those test results that were examined and found to be not credible...

UPDATE: An independent drug test on Jeremy Mayfield was negative for methamphetamines, contradicting the results of a NASCAR test taken 40 minutes earlier, the driver claimed in court documents filed Tuesday. In response to NASCAR's claim that Mayfield again tested positive for methamphetamines on July 6, Mayfield submitted an affidavit to the U.S. District Court that said he traveled to Frye Regional Medical Center in Hickory, N.C., right after NASCAR collected a sample at his Catawba County home. In a room he described as "very sterile," Mayfield said he emptied his pockets, washed his hands and was ushered into a bathroom, where he provided another urine sample. Mayfield said in the court filing he received confirmation from Laboratory Corporation of America in Raleigh, N.C., that his sample was negative on July 10 - the same day NASCAR informed his counsel that its sample was positive. Dr. Harold Schueler of the Broward County (Fla.) Medical Examiner's Office, filed an affidavit on behalf of Mayfield that claimed the levels of methamphetamine in NASCAR's test are "astronomical" and "could not be remotely accurate, unless Mr. Mayfield was deceased or a chronic abuser."

http://www.jayski.com/news/teams/story/_/page/Jeremy-Mayfield-NASCAR-News

About mid page from the link above.

At the time Dr Harold Schueler was the chief toxicologist for the Broward County Medical Examiner's office.

All this drug testing crap was in it's infancy . I think testing is much better now . Were there errors made early on ? Likely ... Should Mayfield have just pled guilty and gone for the Nascar Road to Recovery ? ... yeah . Would I have done that ?... No . Not sayin I buy his story , but the testing has improved , and more is known about the list of banned substances like cough medicine . When he came out with that stuff about Evernham , his Nascar career was in the toilet , drugs or no drugs .

All this drug testing crap was in it's infancy . I think testing is much better now . Were there errors made early on ? Likely ... Should Mayfield have just pled guilty and gone for the Nascar Road to Recovery ? ... yeah . Would I have done that ?... No . Not sayin I buy his story , but the testing has improved , and more is known about the list of banned substances like cough medicine . When he came out with that stuff about Evernham , his Nascar career was in the toilet , drugs or no drugs .

The drug tests were state of the art, I'm sure. And great urine sampling has been around a lot longer than 2009. Unless you detox or use fake urine, it should be pretty cut and dry.

"I was feeling damn, and I asked a friend for a pick-me-up. He took a tiny steel pipe from his friend and handed it to me, and I took a few puffs not knowing what was in the bowl."

Not sure that A.J. classic would have worked for Jeremy. IMO, A.J. never told the truth, he just came up with a half-assed cover story.

Without a doubt, Jeremy should have played nascar's game when it first started and gone to rehab guilty or not. He ended up losing everything fighting nascar. He had a beautiful home on a large chunk of land, lots of money, nice things, and a substantial racing career. All gone now because he went against nascar.

Long after all this got started a "confidential source" tipped police off that Jeremy had a large amount of stolen property at his home. When police searched his home they found the stolen property and a small amount of meth.
He ended up pleading guilty to two counts of misdemeanor possession of stolen goods and one count of misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia, and had to pay about 100 grand in restitution to the victims.
Other charges against Jeremy were dropped because the witness ("confidential source") against him was killed in a motor cycle accident fleeing from the police.

When it was all said and done he'd have been better off just playing ball with nascar, guilty or not.
There were lots of shady things that happened on both sides in the Mayfiled story. But imo it's a story worth telling by someone that has no connection to Jeremy or nascar.

I'd like to see a program like Frontline on PBS tell the story, though I know it'll never happen.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/21/sports/autoracing/21nascar.html?_r=0

Yet several drug testing experts interviewed for this article found fault with various aspects of the program. Nascar provides its teams with a minimal list of banned substances largely by categories — amphetamines, barbiturates — instead of identifying each prohibited drug. Some experts have urged Nascar to spell out more exacting penalties for violations, which so far have been open-ended and indefinite in length, and to more formally accommodate exceptions on drugs for therapy. typical rules written in pencil

According to Don Catlin, the founder of theU.C.L.A. Olympic Analytical Lab, Nascar should recognize that “there are drugs that go both ways — for nefarious purposes and for a therapeutic use.”

Poston says waivers for forbidden drugs are granted for necessary medicinal purposes. David Black, a forensic toxicologist, administers Nascar’s testing program through his lab, Aegis in Nashville. “They just need to be in touch with Dr. Black and they work it out,” Poston said. RIGHT, work it out with the guy getting paid by nascar,,

Gary Wadler of the New York UniversitySchool of Medicine, who helped compile the roster of prohibited drugs for the World Anti-Doping Agency, said he considered Nascar’s program “woefully adequate.” He said Major League Baseball and the N.F.L. “are light years ahead of where I believe Nascar is.”

Not having a defined list of banned substances renders the program “inherently unfair,” said Charles Yesalis, a Penn State professor of health policy and a longtime adviser on drug

1) All this happened to Jeremy because he called Ray Evernham an absentee owner.

I have one of those pans ......... am I doomed now :(

What was the deal with showing them in the kitchen, was they just trying to show off the #19 coffee cup.

You completely missed the fact that Ms. Mayfield was using a metal utensil with a non stick pan. That in itself is call for the electric chair.

I'm still very skeptical that he is/was on Meth. He doesn't look like a user and I do know how a company or organization can railroad those who are non compliant. They want a bunch of sheep they can control.

I don't think he's guilty simply because I doubt his wife would have stayed with him after they lost everything if he was guilty. Props to Shana for sticking by him through all this. She's a good woman.

Oh no. No. No. Just no. Please no. No, no, no, no!!!!!!

I don't think he's guilty simply because I doubt his wife would have stayed with him after they lost everything if he was guilty. Props to Shana for sticking by him through all this. She's a good woman.

jeremy's problem was his wife ! control wench...nothin was ever his/their fault.
look at earlier interviews w/ couple...before drug deal ever came up.
she pushed him ta fight drug issue......... still doin it in this vid.

Folks before I waste my precious time, please just let me know if the only significant points are presented.

Cause a drug documentary without any hawt skinny chicks, and some good rock and roll is well nigh worthless.

Thank you.

That was great and dale cried like a spoiled brat after the race. He could dish it out but couldn't take it

Bet Jeremy has done did a lot more crying, havent watched the video but I bet it alone cries more.

Interesting posts on this topic. At this rate, somebody is going to tell me that Junior tanked Dega. Wait.

Back
Top Bottom