The New Racing Team Alliance

Ain't that the truth?

@PPistone

Haven't heard much if anything from the RTA since its creation but interested in position when one team poaches a sponsor from another.

Ain't that the truth?
@PPistone
Haven't heard much if anything from the RTA since its creation but interested in position when one team poaches a sponsor from another.

I suspect they figure "what's fair is fair" between team owners. What they probably feel is unfair is if Nascar draws a sponsor away from a race team, esp if a series sponsor prohibits competitors from participating. (An example would be if McDonalds became the title Cup sponsor and then said Burger King, Wendys, Hardees & Subway could no longer sponsor Cup teams.)

I suspect they figure "what's fair is fair" between team owners. What they probably feel is unfair is if Nascar draws a sponsor away from a race team, esp if a series sponsor prohibits competitors from participating. (An example would be if McDonalds became the title Cup sponsor and then said Burger King, Wendys, Hardees & Subway could no longer sponsor Cup teams.)
How about when the team takes the sponsor from NASCAR, ala Nationwide to Earnhardt Jr? Hendrick's on a roll! :cool:

RTA now includes:
BK Racing
Circle Sport
Front Row
Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates
Germain Racing
Go Green / FAS Lane
Hendrick Motorsports
HScott Motorsports
Joe Gibbs Racing
JTG Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Phil Parsons Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Richard Petty Motorsports
Roush Fenway Racing
Stewart-Haas Racing
Team Penske
Tommy Baldwin Racing

RTA now includes:
BK Racing
Circle Sport
Front Row
Germain Racing
Go Green / FAS Lane
Hendrick Motorsports
HScott Motorsports
Joe Gibbs Racing
JTG Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Phil Parsons Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Roush Fenway Racing
Stewart-Haas Racing
Team Penske
Tommy Baldwin Racing
Wow, pretty much everybody now.

RTA now includes:
BK Racing
Circle Sport
Front Row
Germain Racing
Go Green / FAS Lane
Hendrick Motorsports
HScott Motorsports
Joe Gibbs Racing
JTG Racing
Michael Waltrip Racing
Phil Parsons Racing
Richard Childress Racing
Roush Fenway Racing
Stewart-Haas Racing
Team Penske
Tommy Baldwin Racing
Interesting that there's still no Furniture Row Racing.

Good to see that the smaller teams are part of the organization now, rather than in the NCAA where all of the douchebags running the big schools and conferences tell everyone else to pound sand.

good example of maybe the RTA having a voice at least, is the fine for Harvick this weekend, there wasn't any performance advantage for that screw up, just the opposite. But Nascar gold dug 25 thousand. They have been doing that nit picking for years and getting away with it. I bet most of the teams have had frivolous penalties like that over the years.

good example of maybe the RTA having a voice at least, is the fine for Harvick this weekend, there wasn't any performance advantage for that screw up, just the opposite. But Nascar gold dug 25 thousand. They have been doing that nit picking for years and getting away with it. I bet most of the teams have had frivolous penalties like that over the years.

I am a Harvick fan but I support the penalty.
Weight should be enforced in the most absolute sense with no exceptions or grey areas imo

I am a Harvick fan but I support the penalty.
Weight should be enforced in the most absolute sense with no exceptions or grey areas imo

Yep. Can't change the rules just because it wasn't raced on an oval.

Whoever was responsible for leaving the "beanbag" in the car should be made to carry it at all times leading up to the race. That will solve the problem.

The way Harvicks team has been performing, they'll find the bean bags AND that guy under his seat next time they practice.

The fine also probably included, damn near wrecking 10 or 15 cars trying to get to the pits to have the bean bag full of lead shot taken out.

I am very interested in where the Race Team Alliance is heading. Their reasons for establishing the RTA seem innocent enough to begin with, but NASCAR is way too defensive about how they feel that there is no need for the organization. In every other major sport the team owners are in control. The France family has been a key element in the success of the sport but I can't help but wonder how long they can continue to control the sport in the manner they have in the past and do currently.

I am a new fan compared to most so your thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated. If there are already active threads on the RTA please let me know.

Nascar from the beginning has ruled with a iron fist. Twice I can recall they said there would be severe repercussion's if a union was formed or in the case of a race at Talladega when a walkout occurred.
The RTA is going to loosen Nascar's 'our way or high way' iron grip, open the corporate wallet and have input into changes to race cars that costs the teams millions, only to have nascar change their mind next year.

When NASCAR was formed there needed to be a powerful leader in control to establish the sport. Well, that era ended a long time ago. The Frances built this sport, but they own too much now. Give some to others. Let the teams set the schedule and agree on rules. Sell the tracks to private owners that will make each one better so there's competition to get more fans. Let the Frances stay to (as much as you're all gonna hate this) run the business side of the sport. The TV partners and sponsors won't trust hillbillies from the south, but they will trust a billionaire family that's been doing this for 65 years.

From the 'Where are they now?' file.....

Remember when the RTA was the end of Brian France? This is a fun thread to go back and revisit.

The RTA members are not dummies and they didn't get rich by being stupid. I think they will keep a very low profile
and not bother kicking the bear (Brian) nor will they openly attack him. I believe they will set future conditions where they plus Nascar
can all make money. I believe the organizations purpose is take control of foolish spending. They have reached the summit as far as sponsors
and how much they will charge.

From the 'Where are they now?' file.....

Remember when the RTA was the end of Brian France? This is a fun thread to go back and revisit.

No testing. Tapered spacer opposed to a displacement reduction....oh yeah, and the airline tickets and insurance. RTA is doing just fine thank you. Shots over the bow. Penske et al. don't blow smoke up people's asses.

No testing. Tapered spacer opposed to a displacement reduction....oh yeah, and the airline tickets and insurance. RTA is doing just fine thank you. Shots over the bow. Penske et al. don't blow smoke up people's asses.
They are going to be testing. Just no private testing. Heck, they may be testing more than they have for some time. I think someone posted the current schedule in an earlier testing thread. Tapered spacers were announced after the formation of the RTA but how do we know that it was implemented as a result of RTA's demands? I don't have a clue how much they pay for airline tickets or insurance.

They are going to be testing. Just no private testing. Heck, they may be testing more than they have for some time. I think someone posted the current schedule in an earlier testing thread. Tapered spacers were announced after the formation of the RTA but how do we know that it was implemented as a result of RTA's demands? I don't have a clue how much they pay for airline tickets or insurance.

Yeah, but the testing is a hell of a lot cheaper the way they are doing it. The tapered spacers were a byproduct of the pressure the RTA put on NASCAR given that the owners hate the idea of a new motor IMO. Problem is that Doug Yates says this change is going to cost a hell of a lot as well. Sometimes money can't buy IQ points. I was being a smart ass about the tickets and insurance given that Kauffman cited these critical elements to rich guys as the early initiatives for the RTA. I am proud of both parties that they are taking this rich guy bitch fest behind closed doors in the smokey backroom where it belongs. Just give me my NASCAR. Don't taint it.

Back
Top Bottom