The Return

Well, Tony is making SRX work, but I'll withhold my enthusiasm until a track is selling tickets.

If you've ever seen Stapleton42's youtube channel and the content he produced with Evernham, you know that Ray Evernham cares more about IROC than anyone else on planet earth. He didn't just work for it: he's the biggest collector of IROC cars and the biggest booster for the series. If he's doing this, he probably doesn't like what SRX has become and wants something different.

If you've ever seen Stapleton42's youtube channel and the content he produced with Evernham, you know that Ray Evernham cares more about IROC than anyone else on planet earth. He didn't just work for it: he's the biggest collector of IROC cars and the biggest booster for the series. If he's doing this, he probably doesn't like what SRX has become and wants something different.
I think Ray is just looking for another project

I think Ray is just looking for another project
As per Stapleton42's clip with Evernham, he has been collecting IROC Cameros for years and he has a ton of them. Plenty of parts are available. Ray's first sentence in the clip is "who wouldn't want to see Lewis Hamilton race Kyle Larson". If you have any interest at all in Nascar history, you need to be subscribed to this channel.

Ray exited SRX pretty quietly it felt like something was going on there.

Yeah, The Eruy's got the contract to build the cars, that could have tore it for Evernham.
Didn't he work with them on the development of it from day 1? He has no means to produce them on that volume.

I just don't get this. Ray helped bring SRX in then just disappeared from that series in year 2. Now he's trying to revive a series which is basically the same premise as SRX?
ray is a strange guy.

It would be awesome if the revival of IROC was an actual International Race of Champions. With F1 having a 24-race schedule I think it's save to say it's not going to happen though.
Oh wow, 24 weeks out of 52, that would be almost impossible to find an off week or month.

I just don't get this. Ray helped bring SRX in then just disappeared from that series in year 2. Now he's trying to revive a series which is basically the same premise as SRX?

There is a slight (but important) difference. SRX is mostly a retirement tour, IROC is a chance to watch current drivers from different series compete.

I was a huge IROC fan back in the day so LFG!

There is a slight (but important) difference. SRX is mostly a retirement tour, IROC is a chance to watch current drivers from different series compete.

I was a huge IROC fan back in the day so LFG!
Same here, man. I loved IROC, and I'd love to see it come back.

And what cars are IROC going to use, I mean I don’t think they can use the Firebirds from 23 years ago
Their rep said the 70’s Camaros, so for the time being this sounds like a heritage exhibition event rather than a full-fledged race series.

Evernham has an extensive collection of original IROC race cars, including a large collection of the Chevrolet Camaros, which were utilized in the series in the 1970s. According to a representative with IROC Holdings, the plan at this time is for the IROC event to feature the IROC 1970s Chevrolet Camaro race cars.
When asked what the end goal was for the joint venture company, Cullum told TobyChristie.com that any thoughts past the one race planned in 2024 would be a “pie in the sky kind of thing.”

The way I hear tell is that Evernham is just a front man working for the Felon, who will own the series.

Back
Top Bottom