This week's "NBC sucks", "Rick Allen is annoying", "I miss DW and FOX" thread...

Yesterday was the first day that I've had a chance to sit down and actually watch a race live with the NBC crew. I thought their broadcast was pretty good. The trio in the booth are fine by me as is whatever the heck channel they broadcast on. It takes very little effort to find the broadcast.

As far as DW goes, I don't miss him.

No complaints here as I had the volume muted for most of the race. What I would like to complain about is NBC having the last 14 races on 14 different channels.

Blame that on the Olympics. At least that's over now.

My main complaint is both Burton and Letarte say "exspecially" instead of "especially." I'm not the grammar police, but this is a pet peeve of mine. It sounds so uneducated. Other than that, I prefer the professionalism of NBC to the Fox package, though Jeff Gordon helped the product a good deal this year.

Last edited:
Blame that on the Olympics. At least that's over now.

Actually it made no difference to me at all but it was a huge deal to Andy for reasons known only to him. I will be glad when FOX comes back as even though I am not crazy about them I much prefer them to NBC.

I liked the time Letarte refere to someone running with 2 sprint cup champions Jimmie Johnson and Carl edwards....

big thanks to jeff burton for the stfu time during the michigan race, or maybe it was premiere sports cutting offf his mic, anyone else notice?

Lousy job of not identifying the reason for a caution as debris. Just come back from commercial, mention the yellow, cover the pit stops, go back to commercial, come back from commercial, and STILL not identify the reason.

Other than that, I give the broadcast an 8.

Maybe I wasn't paying close attention but the broadcast didn't bother me as much as in previous weeks. I have a feeling that it is going to get really bad with "if the race ended right now", "so and so is x number of points above/below the cut line", "this driver and this driver need to win to get in" and other nausea inducing things. Sometimes I like to snooze and listen to the race for a while and these guys don't cut me any slack!

Maybe I wasn't paying close attention but the broadcast didn't bother me as much as in previous weeks. I have a feeling that it is going to get really bad with "if the race ended right now", "so and so is x number of points above/below the cut line", "this driver and this driver need to win to get in" and other nausea inducing things.
I agree w/ you, Skoal, less objectionable today, maybe because the race was so good as it played out!

I miss Ken Squier...

"Today we have Dale Earnhardt...the Intimidator, the 'Dega Dominator, the Man in Black! And, oh yeah, some other guys. Green flag is in the air and here comes Earnhardt! Earnhardt is now in 8th. Now he's 7th. Now he's 6th. And the caution is out. Let's see how these pit stops affect Earnhardt's track position. Green flag is back out. It's Not Dale Earnhardt leading, another guy that isn't Earnhardt in 2nd, yet another guy that isn't Earnhardt in 3rd, AND HERE COMES EARNHARDT in 4th and charging to the front!!!!!"

I miss Ken Squier...

"Today we have Dale Earnhardt...the Intimidator, the 'Dega Dominator, the Man in Black! And, oh yeah, some other guys. Green flag is in the air and here comes Earnhardt! Earnhardt is now in 8th. Now he's 7th. Now he's 6th. And the caution is out. Let's see how these pit stops affect Earnhardt's track position. Green flag is back out. It's Not Dale Earnhardt leading, another guy that isn't Earnhardt in 2nd, yet another guy that isn't Earnhardt in 3rd, AND HERE COMES EARNHARDT in 4th and charging to the front!!!!!"
we used to call it "Earnhardt-vision"

I miss Ken Squier...

He was excruciating.

I miss Ken Squier...

Except with Squier it was Cale Earnhardt, Rusty Walters and Richard Pearson. IDK how he got away with it for so many years and in fact he could carry on through an entire race using the same wrong name or the wrong basis for something that happened. He was a SNL skit before SNL lol.

After listening to a real descent broadcast of the Xfinity race, I found R Allen real nauseating.

My wife was walking through the living room, stopped for about 45 seconds of him talking and said " how can you listen to that idiot". I just smiled and turned on my ear phones to hear what she was commenting on. my reply...........Sad Isn't it?

And Comcast, a toilet of a company, owns NBC, which is why so many of its presenters are sub-par.

Krista Voda on NBC: horrible voice, horrible accent, banal crap spewing from her mouth, dresses like your grandmother.

Not at all. I have always felt that way about her. In general, I find the NBC presenters dreary. And after all, this is a thread to declaim one's dissatisfaction with the quality of the presentation.

Not at all. I have always felt that way about her. In general, I find the NBC presenters dreary. And after all, this is a thread to declaim one's dissatisfaction with the quality of the presentation.
Dissatisfaction? :XXROFL:

I caught Nascar Southern Speed The Legend of Darlington on NBCSN, it was a really good documentary about the history of the race. I've caught several stories about Darlington and NASCAR history on NBCSN over the last few days.

I've tried to watch TV and listen to MRN/PRN. Can't do it. So , I just do one or the other .Seems easier than complaining.

Listening to the Xfinity race today was downright disgusting. Rick Allen needs to be replaced.
Talk about someone yelling fire to much, by the half way point I wanted to puke.

Back
Top Bottom