This week's "NBC sucks", "Rick Allen is annoying", "I miss DW and FOX" thread...

Lol I heard him calling three wide into turn 1 at one point and it wasn't even close to three wide. The coverage overall is average with moments of being above average, the announcers are below average with moments of being well below average imo.

Yes I agree the coverage is terrible. The NFL does amazing because Troy Aikman, John Madden and Phil Simms care about the game and educate moreso
than Jeff Burton

Except with Squier it was Cale Earnhardt, Rusty Walters and Richard Pearson. IDK how he got away with it for so many years and in fact he could carry on through an entire race using the same wrong name or the wrong basis for something that happened. He was a SNL skit before SNL lol.

Watched an old TBS race a while back. They show Dale JARRETT starting second and Ken Squier rambles on, "Earnhardt's back, the swagger is in his eyes".

Another one, they covered Earnhardt from the second the green flag dropped to the second he wrecked.

Thank God most of the races were on ESPN with Bob, Ned and BP.

:sarcasm:Ya know what we need? The networks to update us on Chase standings based on where the cars are running based on where they qualified. Even better, update the projected Chase standings based on where the cars are running during the practice sessions :sarcasm:

:sarcasm:Ya know what we need? The networks to update us on Chase standings based on where the cars are running based on where they qualified. Even better, update the projected Chase standings based on where the cars are running during the practice sessions :sarcasm:
Watching qualifying, first round and they did that (but any network covering NASCAR would do that).

Would make more sense if points were distributed for qualifying

Who is the knucklehead in the Richmond booth for the Xfin race???
Dude belongs in the booth at Wimbledon or a soccer game or something.

428.jpg

Pretty sure that knucklehead is wondering why some knucklehead on a race forum is calling him a knucklehead.:laugh::laugh:

God forbid somebody born on the opposite side of the planet speak differently than yourself - as if your particular American vernacular is the most proper :rolleyes:
Cuz Muirca yo

Pretty sad indeed.

I like NBC but, after kind of watching Michigan (I didn't care so I didn't pay much attention) and watching a little bit of Darlington, Rick Allen is definitely not having a good year.

I like NBC but, after kind of watching Michigan (I didn't care so I didn't pay much attention) and watching a little bit of Darlington, Rick Allen is definitely not having a good year.
He tries to hype every move and after awhile people just tune him out which means they don't need him. On the other hand maybe he is trying to shut Burton up.

I have to agree as well, parts of NBC are off this year, and that does include Rick Allen.

He tries to hype every move and after awhile people just tune him out which means they don't need him. On the other hand maybe he is trying to shut Burton up.
Problem is, I would say 60% of the time a driver makes a great save or a bold pass or something actually exciting happens in the corner of the camera shot - the booth totally misses it.

They talk too much about sponsored material, weekly driver stories, next week's race or chase implications to mention anything notable going on live on the track.

I have to agree as well, parts of NBC are off this year, and that does include Rick Allen.

They were great last year. Underwhelming so far this year. Can't really identify why it's off.

Commentary doesn't drive me up a tree but, then again, I usually only watch the Truck races anymore and that is the worst commentary trio in history.

Suddenly, Bill Weber doesn't seem so bad.

Problem is, I would say 60% of the time a driver makes a great save or a bold pass or something actually exciting happens in the corner of the camera shot - the booth totally misses it.

Yeah, I've noticed that too. :XXROFL:

Honestly, NBC's awesome graphics are the saving grace. You can watch the race on mute and still keep up with literally everything because the ticker is so incredibly informative.

They were great last year. Underwhelming so far this year. Can't really identify why it's off.

Commentary doesn't drive me up a tree but, then again, I usually only watch the Truck races anymore and that is the worst commentary trio in history.

Suddenly, Bill Weber doesn't seem so bad.
I cant put my finger on it either, but they are not reaching the bar they set last year.

You are 100% right about the truck races, the booth is just horrid , and makes me not want to watch the truck races.

Compared to FS1 Truck races, Bill Weber was excellent, but I looked that up, so you didnt have too.........................................:laugh:

You are 100% right about the truck races, the booth is just horrid , and makes me not want to watch the truck races.

Compare to FS1 Truck races, Bill Weber was excellent, but I looked that up, so you didnt have too.........................................:laugh:

I try to completely ignore the commentary in the Truck races and it's impossible. Honestly, I've thought about getting one of those surround sound systems for my house just so I can unhook the center speaker during those races.

I care so little about the Cup races that I barely pay attention to them.

I don't care at all about Xfinity. Not one single damn to be given there. Not one.

IndyCar, however, is something I'll watch on DVR or on the NBC Sports app if I miss the race. And Fox has reignited my passion for NHRA since I can actually watch the ****** races since they are shown live or in the afternoon instead of at 2 o'clock in the ****** morning.

As for everyone who says Cup racing is so much better this year, hard to convince me it's any good when I'm usually at a short track the night before watching a real race.

I try to completely ignore the commentary in the Truck races and it's impossible. Honestly, I've thought about getting one of those surround sound systems for my house just so I can unhook the center speaker during those races.

I care so little about the Cup races that I barely pay attention to them.

I don't care at all about Xfinity. Not one single damn to be given there. Not one.

IndyCar, however, is something I'll watch on DVR or on the NBC Sports app if I miss the race. And Fox has reignited my passion for NHRA since I can actually watch the ******* races since they are shown live or in the afternoon instead of at 2 o'clock in the ******* morning.

As for everyone who says Cup racing is so much better this year, hard to convince me it's any good when I'm usually at a short track the night before watching a real race.
That is not a bad idea on the surround sound system, I might have to look into that too

It seems that a lot of people dont really care that much about the X Series as of late, I think the only people that do care are KB fans. As of late, its just a series for the Cup teams to park their next drivers at till the check clears and or spot open up, its no longer a true development series like it once was, more so with pay to drive being a part of motorsports . It seems that Cup teams already know what up and coming drivers they long before they get behind the wheel in the X Series.

That is not a bad idea on the surround sound system, I might have to look into that too

It seems that a lot of people dont really care that much about the X Series as of late, I think the only people that do care are KB fans. As of late, its just a series for the Cup teams to park their next drivers at till the check clears and or spot open up, its no longer a true development series like it once was, more so with pay to drive being a part of motorsports . It seems that Cup teams already know what up and coming drivers they long before they get behind the wheel in the X Series.

And a place for Cup drivers to get 300 miles of free practice before the Cup race.

**** Xfinity.

Yep. And it's "My Opinion" that he's as annoying as a red bug in the navel. Irritating as hell.

Back
Top Bottom