Those pointless points are getting ready to matter

Biffle to wide in the turn, and then cut across Newman's front end to get in line...it's racing.

I want Menard in... I've warmed up to him this year, all jokes aside.

Oh hell, he probably would not even care. Facial expression would stay the same.

well both of them should consider themselves lucky that the 10 car that lost a fender didn't get out and get rowdy with them.

Only four races left to make the Chase. Those wins and for some, points are all that matter. Richmond's gonna be good! That is one ticket I'd like to have this season.

Well, those points now matter. Only 3 races left to qualify for the Chase on wins with the four final spots open for a first time winner this season. It could shape up to be a good points battle for those remaining spots.

Current Cup Standings:

Attachments

• 2014 Cup Standings - Michigan II.pdf
    94 KB · Views: 146
I have a feeling thats our chase field.

Except for Bristol being one of those "anything can happen" races, I might agree with you.

And the Richmond race should be a barn-burner.

I'm rooting for Ambrose to somehow sneak in.

I think they should change the win and in requirement to be in the top 20.
I swear I think they made it Top 30 because of Danica. They knew that there was a chance Danica might luck into an RP win but little to no chance she'd be Top-20 in points after Richmond. Just a theory.

Current Cup Standings:

Attachments

• 2014 Cup Standings - Bristol II.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 116
That wreck on pit row with Jr. really hurt Larson, he knew it too, he had his eyes on the prize. Atlanta will be a tough track for him to win on I would think.

Biffle isn't very good at Atlanta and I expect Roush to struggle there.

??....top 10 for larson . dnf for biff / clint.... at atlanta not possible ?
Yeah, not ready to start throwing dirt on top of Larson yet either. Boyer and Biff, either one can have a bad day or both at Atlanta, and Larson can catch back up.

Never said it wasn't possible but it sure as heck isn't likely. Looks to me like the only way he's getting in there is with a win.

we'll see.
regardless ..he's had helluva rookie run so far............dillon too.

Atlanta is the chase tho because I don't expect Bowyer to be bad at Richmond. its one of his best tracks and Biffle will find a way if he has a nice lead.

As much as I like Larson, you can't bank on him winning a race, two top tens are very doable though.

I don't think any of them will get a win but I expect they all will have a better than average chance at the top 10. The next two races are the real race for the chase.

That wreck on pit row with Jr. really hurt Larson, he knew it too, he had his eyes on the prize. Atlanta will be a tough track for him to win on I would think.

Yeah, not ready to start throwing dirt on top of Larson yet either. Boyer and Biff, either one can have a bad day or both at Atlanta, and Larson can catch back up.

Poison ivy Boyer has one coming. :growl:

Bingo, the door is open a crack for Larson after Boyer's shiftergate. Desperation driving had Biffle, Newman and Larson driving like they were on fire at Atlanta. Boyer took a bit of the heat off with his problems. Kahne came out of nowhere IMO, he wasn't even on the radar for a chase spot, that joker hasn't done anything all year, but the "heat" put the motovation on to press on the loud pedal.

Even without the win, Kahne would have been right back in it. Kinda sucks because I'm a Larson fan and he would have had a really good shot next week if Kahne didn't win.

Even without the win, Kahne would have been right back in it. Kinda sucks because I'm a Larson fan and he would have had a really good shot next week if Kahne didn't win.
You talk about going thru some changes. Larson knows he is back in if he can keep the fenders on it, and then Kahne wins and that is the worst thing that can happen.

yep soi.....
larson got tha boyer tranny problem points break he needed........finished p8 in race....
then kahne sneaks in w/ win.......plus biffle comes back from lap down. go figure .

long shot......but still ain't over til richmond .

True but running a safe race could get you into problems.. besides, the non winners will be desperate for a win. I could see the leader getting dumped on a restart from a non winner for example.

yep soi.....
larson got tha boyer tranny problem points break he needed........finished p8 in race....
then kahne sneaks in w/ win.......plus biffle comes back from lap down. go figure .

long shot......but still ain't over til richmond .

Larson probably would have been a hell of a lot better off if Biff or Boyer would have won, he had Kasey beat pretty bad on points. Kasey leapfrogged over him and Biff has a really good desperation driving night. I thought the last couple of races that we would see some of these guy start desperation driving when the heat is on.

I was following Larson on RaceView. TWICE he got trapped on pit road under yellow and had to fight through lappers after a wave-around. Got a top ten anyways, only to find out Kasey won. Needless to say, he was pretty disappointed

I was following Larson on RaceView. TWICE he got trapped on pit road under yellow and had to fight through lappers after a wave-around. Got a top ten anyways, only to find out Kasey won. Needless to say, he was pretty disappointed
As disappointing that he may have been, Larson, Kahne and friends where all out celebrating yesterday.....

@KyleLarsonRacin 13h

Monday funday! Celebrating @kaseykahne win. Hope we can have a Sunday funday next week.

BwfWQhrCQAEM1O-.jpg:large

As disappointing that he may have been, Larson, Kahne and friends where all out celebrating yesterday.....

@KyleLarsonRacin 13h

Monday funday! Celebrating @kaseykahne win. Hope we can have a Sunday funday next week.

BwfWQhrCQAEM1O-.jpg:large
Those moms are gonna be so jealous...

anybody below Biffle wins, and he is done, but he is 23 points ahead of Boyer, so he doesn't have much to do to stay ahead of him. 22nd or better if Clint comes in second..I think that is right. He will be sweating it I bet. That isn't counting leading a lap points or laps led, that so far haven't been much of an issue with Boyer this year, he hasn't led a lap in the last 5 races.

Current Cup Standings:

Attachments

• 2014 Cup Standings - after New Hampshire II.pdf
    85.3 KB · Views: 130
Current Cup Standings:

Attachments

• 2014 Cup Standings - after Dover II.pdf
    87.3 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom