Time to turn left AND right

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
http://www.sonomanews.com/sports/5732130-181/raceway-to-honor-irvan-stewart?artslide=0

Sonoma Raceway will add two NASCAR legends to its Wall of Fame during the upcoming Toyota/Save Mart 350 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event weekend, June 24-26.

Tony Stewart and Ernie Irvan will become the newest members of the raceway’s Wall of Fame, joining fellow NASCAR stars Rusty Wallace (2005), Mark Martin (2005), Jeff Gordon (2006), Ricky Rudd (2007) and Rick Hendrick (2010)

http://napavalleyregister.com/sport...cle_4f936119-7a63-516c-84c4-b623869044de.html

With the flip of an oversized switch, Allmendinger fired up the raceway’s brand-new 85-foot tall, four-sided Panasonic LED scoring pylon above Turn 1 for the first time. The new pylon will provide real-time running order for up to 20 positions, dynamic race-related graphics and fan information. It is more than 26-feet taller than the old board and easily visible from almost every seating area around the road course.

scoringpylonjjacobson_sm.jpg

Can't wait 2 weeks for this...

Those LED pylons are so nice. I look for Daytona to toss some dollars in that direction in the next year or so.

I'd like to see a scoring pylon on the television feed (I hate the scroll, I can't watch it long enough to find a driver outside the top 3)
It seems like there used to be something like this on some of the broadcasts. I think it was on the far right side of the screen and showed the top 15ish drivers. I may be confusing a Nascar broadcast with an Indy or F1 race, but I know I've seen it before.

It seems like there used to be something like this on some of the broadcasts. I think it was on the far right side of the screen and showed the top 15ish drivers. I may be confusing a Nascar broadcast with an Indy or F1 race, but I know I've seen it before.
Back in the day ESPN would periodically display 10 at a time in the corner of the screen and cycle through the field (and that was before wide screens).

Much as it pains me to say positive about F1, a pylon on the side of the screen would be easier if broadcasters used just the first three letters of a driver's last name like F1, instead of the entire name.

1 18 BKy
2 41 BKu
3 3 DiA
4 95 DiT
5 88 EaD
6 32 EaJ

and those are the hard ones.

Thank goodness its road course time ....... my favorite races

Never been a big fan of road courses, but I am coming around. This year, I find myself kind of excited to leave all of the "package" talk behind, and let the talent come out.

Hopes Michael Annett can finally win here . He has an awesome looking scheme and is young.

Not gonna happen, DF.:lol2: Looks like typical mid 90's for this time of year are in the forecast. I'm pretty stoked and looking forward to my annual trip up to Sonoma for Fridays practice.:D

Wish it wasnt so in a way. We will want updated reports of how the 10 looks in practice....:D

Much as it pains me to say positive about F1, a pylon on the side of the screen would be easier if broadcasters used just the first three letters of a driver's last name like F1, instead of the entire name.

1 18 BKy
2 41 BKu
3 3 DiA
4 95 DiT
5 88 EaD
6 32 EaJ

and those are the hard ones.

That is confusing and annoying. There was nothing wrong with the old scroll where it just cycled through at the top, I gate this top 3 and everyone else thing it takes longer then the scroll did

1 18 BKy
2 41 BKu
3 3 DiA
4 95 DiT
5 88 EaD
6 32 EaJ
They only need the position and car number - we all know who the drivers are

They only need the position and car number - we all know who the drivers are
No, we don't ALL know.

Frankly, I find the F1 approach annoying. I don't know who their drivers are, and it's impossible to spot the car numbers when they're racing. It's very difficult for someone unfamiliar with F1 drivers and car colors (like me) to get value from their ribbon. I grant that the numbers on stock cars are much easier to see on the tube than open wheel numbers. Still, I'd hate for someone with a casual interest in NASCAR be prevented from becoming a fan because they can't figure out what's going on.

PROGRAMS! GETCHER PROGRAMS RIGHT HERE! ONLY A DOLLAR NINE NINETY EIGHT!

PROGRAMS! CAN'T TELL ONE HORSE FROM ANOTHER WITHOUT A PROGRAM! FUTURE COLLECTORS' ITEMS RIGHT HERE!

Never been a big fan of road courses, but I am coming around. This year, I find myself kind of excited to leave all of the "package" talk behind, and let the talent come out.

Everyone has gone "package crazy" ...... I have a package of my own to tend to :D

Back
Top Bottom