Tony Stewart a free agent

H

Hurricane495

Though Bobby Labonte re-signed with Joe Gibbs Racing, there are persistent rumors that teammate and defending Winston Cup champion Tony Stewart is looking for a new ride. Stewart's contract doesn't expire until 2004, and it would take deep pockets to buy out the remaining year. . . . (Courtasy of Sporting News)

Heres the actual link http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/lee_spe...r/20030706.html

Id love to see him in the 43 :D :D

Everything I have read has said how happy he is with Joe Gibbs, I don't think we will be seeing Tony in the 43.

I totally agree 97forever, they just seem to complement each other really well.

Tony seems very happy with Joe Gibbs. But Tony has displayed a lot of immaturity and selfishness, so I really don't think it is out of the realm of possability that he would test the free agent waters.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Jul 7 2003, 09:01 AM
But Tony has displayed a lot of immaturity and selfishness, so I really don't think it is out of the realm of possability that he would test the free agent waters.
You are right in the past Tony has definetly been pretty immature. But I think the last year and a half he has really grown up.

Tony is probably just shaking Gibbs for more money, but...Penske sure could come up with any number Tony wants, Rusty retires, and Tony gets a quality team to go back to Indy with. Think about it...

Oh im sure he will stay with Gibbs but Tony going to the 43 Cant a man dream............. :lilangel:

I'm not sure how I would react to Tony going to a Petty or even a Hendrick car. Mixed emotions would surely be first, but I'm sure I could even embrace Tony after a while. :p

Tony drive for Petty. Please. That would be a step down. Imagine him taking Mikey's ride in a DEI car? Now that might have some weight.

Originally posted by Highboy90@Jul 7 2003, 06:25 PM
Tony drive for Petty. Please. That would be a step down. Imagine him taking Mikey's ride in a DEI car? Now that might have some weight.
It wouldnt be a step down, it'd be more like a death sentence

i cant really see Tony leaving......he just won a championship with that team.

then again...Rusty left for a new team the year after he won his championship......so its possible

didnt rusty leave because the team had no money and had to close down anyway?

i honestly dont remember all the circumstances of the Rusty situation.....i was about 10 or 11 years old at the time and i only followed Earnhardt and didnt keep up with any other driver. thats changed today though haha

is that the case? i honestly dont have a clue.

Back
Top Bottom