Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The evidence supporting criminal charges is conspicuously absent given what we now know about the case. Ward recklessly choose to walk into an active and highly dangerous racetrack exposing himself to injury or death. An experienced professional driver such as Stewart had a right to expect that his fellow drivers would conduct themselves in a safe and professional manner during the race.

Ward recklessly choose to walk into an active and highly dangerous racetrack exposing himself to injury or death. An experienced professional driver such as Stewart had a right to expect that his fellow drivers would conduct themselves in a safe and professional manner during the race.

Nice and rational assessment on the legality of what WE KNOW happened that night.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/11/opinion/callan-tony-stewart-kevin-ward-race-car-death/index.html

I completely understand Stewart not racing last Sunday but to not get in the car this weekend has got me wondering if #14 will become #9 for a one year deal in 2015.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist or a drama w***e but I think it's possible that Stewart may not race again.

This issue is bad all around, but, we all know Tony's reaction when he is pinned down by the media, just his nature. So IMHO, he will not be back in a car at least until the investigation is over and no charges filed, his name cleared. Again IMHO, Tony, Nascar and the racing sports world will be better off longer, if Tony stays away for a long time and stays quiet.

The ultimate bad guys in this event are the Media, period. Any Nascar driver will now be under the micro scope for the foreseeable future, due to the virtual clean cut persona that is portrayed by Nascar Teams, IE: Drivers with wives and children pre race, good wholesome clean cut folks that pray and have heart felt goodness in them etc. The freaking media is all about spin and ratings, even our racing media is included in this statement.

The more you stir a bucket of sh*t, the worse it stinks.

In my experience good news travels at the speed of smell, bad news travels at the speed of light.

I'm not trying to be an alarmist or a drama w***e but I think it's possible that Stewart may not race again.

Disagree - He was ready to jump right back in a race car within 15 hrs of running over a guy. He and his crew chief conferred and GZ said Watkins Glen would be "business as usual".

IMO - this is the clearest look we've had into Stewart's true nature. A man shows his true character by his actions under tragedy/stress and Tony's mood was as if he had been DQ'd the night before and not involved in a fatal accident. He's lucky thinking people were involved in the early hours Sunday.

I'd say it's certain he will race as soon as he judges it acceptable to the public.

Disagree - He was ready to jump right back in a race car within 15 hrs of running over a guy. He and his crew chief conferred and GZ said Watkins Glen would be "business as usual".

IMO - this is the clearest look we've had into Stewart's true nature. A man shows his true character by his actions under tragedy/stress and Tony's mood was as if he had been DQ'd the night before and not involved in a fatal accident. He's lucky thinking people were involved in the early hours Sunday.

I'd say it's certain he will race as soon as he judges it acceptable to the public.

IMO, that "business as usual" comment wasn't thought through.

Here's a thought --- maybe the "business as usual" meant that even if Tony didn't race, the team still had to prepare a car and get ready for a
race with a substitute driver.
I think most race fans knew what he meant, but unfortunately it gave the mainstream media some extra ammo.

Do you have a reliable link or source pointing your accusations out as fact and not just your opinion???? If not quit, spreading lies based on your opinion, it's shows the mentally challenged aspect of your thought process all to clearly.

Is that to suggest everything that is posted here is fact, along with a reliable source? I have heard about that "business as usual" comment quite a few times for it to be a lie. When someone has to speak with their lawyer before talking about something it sure doesn't look good. It seems like if Tony was innocent he would have gotten out of his car and immediately cried, "oh my gosh, I didn't see him, oh my gosh." and then fallen over and passed out. Maybe thrown up from sickness. Hiding for a week without a statement that didn't come from a lawyer is probably a good financial move, but it lacks sincerity.

I guess it's easy to judge someone when you're not standing in their shoes.
I've never really considered putting somebody on ignore, but this guy.... i believe he'll be the first. 100% troll. Trying to get this board riled. Tired of it.

Some random amateur chimpanzee arsed kid tries to go King Kong and stop a race car on track like he's playing a video game,gets himself killed by a world class driver and it's like the most important thing happening. No legitimate race drivers either amateur or professional should ever be in position to have illegal pedestrians on the racing surface.

Just go out and jump out of your car on a busy street and act the fool like you're PO'ed and going to jump at, near or on a passerby and let me know how that goes.

I have read all 46 pages of this subject, It truly amazes me at the lack of respect WE give when a tragedy strikes.
This is a tragedy an unless I've missed something Not one single poster was involved.
When tragedy strikes we should be considerate of those involved.

When someone has to speak with their lawyer before talking about something it sure doesn't look good. It seems like if Tony was innocent he would have gotten out of his car and immediately cried, "oh my gosh, I didn't see him, oh my gosh." and then fallen over and passed out. Maybe thrown up from sickness. Hiding for a week without a statement that didn't come from a lawyer is probably a good financial move, but it lacks sincerity.

Are you certain that Stewart had legal counsel Saturday night immediately following the event (which is the most relevant hours).
This is an honest question because I do not know, I want to know if you are inferring that was the case, speculating, or have info that confims Tony was utilizing a Lawyer at that time.

From the reports I have seen it has been stated that he cooperated fully with law enforcement in the early hours sunday morning. He may have had legal counsel but the time line would have been tough.

Last of all, what are your credentials to acess Tonys sincerity and know what Tony is going through. Do you know with certainity that he wasnt sincerely sad and I hope you do realize that people do convey their emotions in different ways, and they are not obligated to satisfy your sackcloth and ashes template.
Hard to believe something so obvious needs an explanation.

And Tony doesnt owe you me or anyone else an explanation. Decent people realized he has suffered. I wish he could have reached out to the Ward family. But they are in greif and hurting, and they have made their thoughts known about Tony. They are not interested in what he has to say, and the classist thing he could do was to simply respect their need for silence or privacy.

Your inability to comprehend that decency and respect does not invalidate.

Some random amateur chimpanzee arsed kid tries to go King Kong and stop a race car on track like he's playing a video game,gets himself killed by a world class driver and it's like the most important thing happening. No legitimate race drivers either amateur or professional should ever be in position to have illegal pedestrians on the racing surface.

Just go out and jump out of your car on a busy street and act the fool like you're PO'ed and going to jump at, near or on a passerby and let me know how that goes.
Of all your rants this one has top top the list.
If you open you other eye you can gain perspective.

Of all your rants this one has top top the list.
If you open you other eye you can gain perspective.

I'm glad you liked it. I did nothing more than feed a troll, guess I've been on sports forums for to long. I just hope he doesn't go out and jump into traffic to see what happens.

petty-barracuda-outlawed.jpg

February 28th, 1965, Dallas, GA — Original caption: Richard Petty’s supercharged dragster flashes down the strip here in this picture made just an instant before the vehicle veered off the track and into the crowd. Petty’s car plunged into the spectators just left of the pole at right. An eight-year-old boy was killed and at least eight other spectators were injured. “Outlawed” on the side of the car refers to the fact that the vehicle, a (Hemi-powered) Plymouth, was recently banned from NASCAR stock car racing. Petty, one of the top NASCAR drivers last year, normally doesn’t drive drag races.

1965-richard-petty-barracuda-outlawed-crash.jpg

February 28th, 1965, Dallas, GA — Original caption: Volunteers load one of the injured into an ambulance after stock car driver Richard Petty’s car roared off a drag strip here and plunged into a crowd of spectators. One youth (an 8 yr old boy) was killed and at least eight others injured in the mishap. — Image by © Bettmann/Corbis. Petty suffered minor injuries in the wreck, but was permanently scarred emotionally and has never publicly discussed it. The dragster was promptly hauled behind the Petty’s shop where it was buried– he never wanted to set eyes on that cursed ‘Cuda again. Reports say that Richard Petty walked away from the wreck cussing the car that he now hated– saying over and over, “I’ll never drag race again”. Many cash offers were made for the twisted wreckage– but Petty flatly refused. True to his word– he was determined that no one would ever see it, let alone have it, again.

February 28th, 1965, Dallas, GA — Original caption: Richard Petty’s supercharged dragster flashes down the strip here in this picture made just an instant before the vehicle veered off the track and into the crowd. Petty’s car plunged into the spectators just left of the pole at right. An eight-year-old boy was killed and at least eight other spectators were injured. “Outlawed” on the side of the car refers to the fact that the vehicle, a (Hemi-powered) Plymouth, was recently banned from NASCAR stock car racing. Petty, one of the top NASCAR drivers last year, normally doesn’t drive drag races.

February 28th, 1965, Dallas, GA — Original caption: Volunteers load one of the injured into an ambulance after stock car driver Richard Petty’s car roared off a drag strip here and plunged into a crowd of spectators. One youth (an 8 yr old boy) was killed and at least eight others injured in the mishap. — Image by © Bettmann/Corbis. Petty suffered minor injuries in the wreck, but was permanently scarred emotionally and has never publicly discussed it. The dragster was promptly hauled behind the Petty’s shop where it was buried– he never wanted to set eyes on that cursed ‘Cuda again. Reports say that Richard Petty walked away from the wreck cussing the car that he now hated– saying over and over, “I’ll never drag race again”. Many cash offers were made for the twisted wreckage– but Petty flatly refused. True to his word– he was determined that no one would ever see it, let alone have it, again.

There's been countless tragedies like this throughout the history of sports. The difference now is that social media runs the world and making a good story is more important them reporting facts. It couldn't possibly be true that this was an accident, it has to be that tony Stewart is a cold blooded murderer. A few years ago a hockey puck killed a spectator in the stands at an nhl game I guess the player who hit was a murderer as well :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting that. I knew about the incident, but I didnt know the rest of the story. That Pettty immediately pulled out of drag racing afterwards and buried the car.

@KurtBusch

I'd like to see a highlight reel of all of Tony's good deeds reported. It's far greater than any track incidents. He's a good man.

Maybe another poor choice of words. I'm sure he'll get grief about it. Hell, JJ got grief for saying he believes in his heart that it was an accident.

It is surprising Larson and Kahne haven't been asked what it's like driving those cars at low speed.

My prediction is that Tony will make a statement soon (before Bristol) that he will not compete in any remaining 2014 races. His chances of making the Chase are slim to none, and I think Tony does not want to be be booed by the fans (as I think he would be) at any races he drove in this year.
I think his plan is to say as little as possible and look forward to getting himself and his team ready for Daytona in February 2015.
Just my 2 cents ...

My prediction is that Tony will make a statement soon (before Bristol) that he will not compete in any remaining 2014 races. His chances of making the Chase are slim to none, and I think Tony does not want to be be booed by the fans (as I think he would be) at any races he drove in this year.
I think his plan is to say as little as possible and look forward to getting himself and his team ready for Daytona in February 2015.
Just my 2 cents ...
I'm kinda thinking he has a team of lawyers telling him to lay low until the whole police investigation deal is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom