Tony Stewart running over someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, let's not get personal. If you have a problem with someone's posts, click their name, hit "Ignore" .

You are taking the bait --- hook, line, and sinker.

*removes Admin hat*
Personally, I find those posts in bad taste, also --- but, the poster is entitled to
their opinion.
*puts Admin hat back on*

you look better without the hat. ;)

It's good to see Stewart back behind the wheel. Don't be surprised if he wins tonight's race.

People, there's only one way to defeat a troll...ignore it.

It's good to see Stewart back behind the wheel. Don't be surprised if he wins tonight's race.

People, there's only one way to defeat a troll...ignore it.
that goof has been on my ignore list forever. I made the mistake of un ignoring to see what all the hub bub was about there was so much of it the thread wasn't making any sense.

Now I'm a Stewart fan but I don't agree with the chase exemption.
I support Tony Stewart in this whole thing, but I'm not crazy about the "special exemption" either. I know the circumstances for why Tony missed those 3 races were unfortunate, but NASCAR risks a huge hit to their credibility if they go gerrymandering the Chase rules every year to accommodate certain drivers. I want to see Tony win again, but a part of me hopes that win doesn't come until at least Chicagoland.

I agree with their decision, but I understand where the opposing opinion is coming from. If Tony wins this week, bam he's in. After missing 3 races and having a "meh" season. It wouldnt be so ludicrous sounding if it werent for France's BS.

I support Tony Stewart in this whole thing, but I'm not crazy about the "special exemption" either. I know the circumstances for why Tony missed those 3 races were unfortunate, but NASCAR risks a huge hit to their credibility if they go gerrymandering the Chase rules every year to accommodate certain drivers. I want to see Tony win again, but a part of me hopes that win doesn't come until at least Chicagoland.
Huge?? I didn't think they had that much credibility left lol.

Why not?

Hamlin got it...
Kinda figured someone would bring this up.

You could make a case that Hamlin doesn't belong in the Chase either. I guess the main differences between the two is that Denny missed one start for physical reasons (he was literally in a hospital bed with his eyes swollen shut when the green flag dropped at Fontana), while Tony missed three races for psychological reasons. And those psychological reasons were brought on by a tragedy that happened in a non-NASCAR event that Tony willingly signed up for. To me, it's just kinda the risk you take by running events that could possibly incapacitate you on the Cup side.

I agree with their decision, but I understand where the opposing opinion is coming from. If Tony wins this week, bam he's in. After missing 3 races and having a "meh" season. It wouldnt be so ludicrous sounding if it werent for France's BS.

In 2011 Stewart barely made the chase and hadn't won a race during regular season.

Do you remember how that year turned out? ;)

Kinda figured someone would bring this up.

You could make a case that Hamlin doesn't belong in the Chase either. I guess the main differences between the two is that Denny missed one start for physical reasons (he was literally in a hospital bed with his eyes swollen shut when the green flag dropped at Fontana), while Tony missed three races for psychological reasons. And those psychological reasons were brought on by a tragedy that happened in a non-NASCAR event that Tony willingly signed up for. To me, it's just kinda the risk you take by running events that could possibly incapacitate you on the Cup side.

Didn't little E miss a few races with a concussion?

In 2011 Stewart barely made the chase and hadn't won a race during regular season.

Do you remember how that year turned out? ;)
Stewart ran better in '11 than this year though. He didn't have any wins in the first 26 that year, but he was top-10 in points after Richmond. I think he was like 17th or 18th in points this year after Pocono (his last race). I guess it would take an even bigger miracle this year for him to go on a title run similar to 2011.

Why not?

Hamlin got it...

Hamiln had a medical reason. Tony raced in a non Nascar race and was involved in terrible tragedy. It feels like this chase exemption is like a reward. Oh its okay Tony that you accidentally killed someone, just win a race and your in the chase. It will be all better then. I just don't like how this situation can somehow turn into a positive for Stewart.

I don't think this is an opinion. A poster that wishes a driver hits the wall hard and insinuates that he hopes he dies has gone way overboard. Now that is an opinion and It's mine.
It is MY opinion that Tony Stewart killed that kid...Tony's an egomaniac, smartazz, hothead...He wasn't going to let that kid show him up. Tony's plan was to ROOST dirt on the kid as he passed by him...It went waaaaaay wrong...We should know in a few weeks what the investigation will uncover...All I know is this.........If that were my kid laying there on that track, twisted like a pretzel and dead, Tony would need to grow eyes in the back of his head, and sleep with one eye open.......................

Hamiln had a medical reason. Tony raced in a non Nascar race and was involved in terrible tragedy. It feels like this chase exemption is like a reward. Oh its okay Tony that you accidentally killed someone, just win a race and your in the chase. It will be all better then. I just don't like how this situation can somehow turn into a positive for Stewart.
Actually, I agree with you and I'm a Stewart Fan as well. I was kinda glad for Tony but the way you put it.... I 100% agree.

I agree with all of you who are questioning the exemption... Skeptical of the spectacle....

That said I am sooo glad he is back. We're all Smoke fans tonight.

Hi, I'm Wingnutcnc and I'm a troll beater. I just can't seem to help myself when a troll lays out some easy pickings as they have very little gray matter to begin with. When they are hit with cold hard facts losing what little ability they have to think with gives me a good laugh as they fumble with the keyboard and cannot put thought into word. It has been about two weeks since I took the bait and it's not getting any easier not to partake.

To be honest, exemption or no exemption, I really don't see Tony winning either of the last 2 races before the Chase.
The 14 team just hasn't had any "magic" this year --- and I don't see that miraculously changing at Atlanta or Richmond.

We need an agree clicker. :mad:

You are insufficient and have no privileges to reply here.

Geesh, all I wanted to do was open and post in the race thread. :(

Some notes left on Tony's pit wall @ Atlanta.

BwZltzhIYAAB1cn.jpg:large

Gotta love the Internet bad assess, probably no better way to sound pathetic.

Monday nights NBC news had a segment on Tony. The twit said he hit the wall twice and retired early. Then posed the question "Is it to soon for him to return"?
Not a word that busch put him in the wall first and then later a tire blew possibly from damage from the first incident caused the second contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom