Cup RACE thread ---- Texas

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
Was afraid I wouldn't get back online. The line of storms is really rocking the Hill Country.
1 inch of rain in about 30 minutes. Lightning close by a bit earlier --- knocked out lights and phone line --- back in working order now.

Hope we get some racing today.

Glad you made it through okay.

Was afraid I wouldn't get back online. The line of storms is really rocking the Hill Country.
1 inch of rain in about 30 minutes. Lightning close by a bit earlier --- knocked out lights and phone line --- back in working order now.

Hope we get some racing today.

I hate thunderstorms, they scare me to death. Hope you're ok.

A few years ago I was riding our pit scooter through the pits in Brainerd Mn and I had just passed someone on another scooter when all of a sudden out of nowhere came a big bolt of lightning that struck the guy that I had just passed. It went right through his neck. He was air lifted to the hospital and he survived and was back at the track the next year.

Just got home from a quick trip to the lake and turned on the recording of the race and saw the bad news. Fingers crossed.

When they start the race later today, I wouldn't be able to watch. That's why I personally hope the race will be held tomorrow.
Btw.: Today's race ends a streak of 10 races without rain delay. Last one was Bristol.

TMS has had some rotten luck with weather this year.

A few years ago I was riding our pit scooter through the pits in Brainerd Mn and I had just passed someone on another scooter when all of a sudden out of nowhere came a big bolt of lightning that struck the guy that I had just passed. It went right through his neck. He was air lifted to the hospital and he survived and was back at the track the next year.

Wow. That's scary as hell.

It is safe to say , depending on how long this rain delay last, the race will be moved over to NBCS/N , Sunday night football gets started with pre game at 7pm

Dang. :eek:

Im at work. What's the status on the weather/track?

Pockrass said we are 3 hours out. I would imagine it's gonna move to NBCSN
Well yeah, NBC has Sunday night football, three hours out would put the race starting about an hour before pre game programming starts.

Got the New Jersey game in. Their blue team beat the team from eastern Pennsylvania. Think their green team lost.

Wonder if we’ll get thru the late game before the race starts.

Come on man.......

Throw some tarps over the problem seams before the rain hits?

4mBob Pockrass‏ @bobpockrass
Turns 1 and 2 "ain't doing nothing" as far as drying and high side all way around still wet. No estimate.

Yeah. But it's dark in 'tinsville 'n the lights ain't ready yet.

If it means anything to anyone, PRN says they'll be back on the air at 1900 eastern. Track will take at least that long to dry.

Ricky holding the cute dog was cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
we are about to go night racing, oh yeah, time for the :pbjtime::pbjtime: dance

Jimmie starting way back. Chad probably watched the forecast and set the car up for night time. Starting towards the back but will probably have the setup pegged and win.

Here's the latest radar image. No rain close to the track (north of the "t" in "Worth"), but there's some rain west of the track heading east towards the track.

TMS Radar 3.gif

Hopefully, rain won't affect the end of the race.

All good here no work tomorrow. Turned everything on in the shop messed around and waited it out, then closed everything up when drivers were called to their cars.
Ready for the race.

I have the sound off, why aren't they racing? it looks like the track is dry.

Hopefully aside from the uncompetition caution on lap 25, hope for lots of green laps and very few cautions. With rain being an ever present threat the yellow fever may not be a problem.

I have the sound off, why aren't they racing? it looks like the track is dry.
Doing extra pace laps to put some heat into the track.

All good here no work tomorrow. Turned everything on in the shop messed around and waited it out, then closed everything up when drivers were called to their cars.
Ready for the race.

Having the weekend off is great, but having Sunday and Monday off instead works out sometimes as well. Pretty glad that's how it worked out for me this week.

Back
Top Bottom