Top merchandise sellers in 2023

rowdy3

Team Owner
If it included online sales Dale would have been ranked 9th.

Attachments

• 567EE04E-7BC5-4C5B-BC4D-330A24A90157.png
    567EE04E-7BC5-4C5B-BC4D-330A24A90157.png
    387.3 KB · Views: 91
I'm sure NASCAR is very happy that the #1 merch seller is NASCAR. The drivers? Probably less enthused.
I’d imagine the diamond anniversary merch was a big part of that, although I’m not sure how that compares historically. Sounds as though trackside merch sales in general were up big though, and combined NASCAR + driver merch sales were at a high since 2015.

I'm sure NASCAR is very happy that the #1 merch seller is NASCAR. The drivers? Probably less enthused.

I would like to know the context behind these numbers. What does "NASCAR" entail, exactly? Every time I've been at the track, I would guesstimate at least 90% of the fans that are wearing racing-related apparel have driver/team specific merch.

I would like to know the context behind these numbers. What does "NASCAR" entail, exactly? Every time I've been at the track, I would guesstimate at least 90% of the fans that are wearing racing-related apparel have driver/team specific merch.

Anything that says nascar, 75th anniversary etc. I’ve always seen people buy nascar stuff at Daytona.

The merchandise purchased by those 90% is divided between fans of 40+ drivers. If NASCAR merchandise has only the remaining 10%, that's still more than Elliott's slice or any other single driver.

But sure keep saying Chase is only winning most popular driver because of rigged online voting

Those people would be idiots.

The TV ratings this year alone proved that Chase Elliott is the most popular driver by a country mile in NASCAR. Hell, half of this forum quit watching when Chase was out with an injury.

The problem is, Chase Elliott being the face of the sport is prohibitive to growth.

It’s crazy Dale Earnhardt is still top 15. It’s been 22 years since he was entered in a race but wow. The Earnhardt hats New Era released mid year last year sold so fast, I was happy to get a black Goodwrench Flat brim. Its kind of cool to see how popular he still is, I hope in a way the fans never forget him.

The merchandise purchased by those 90% is divided between fans of 40+ drivers. If NASCAR merchandise has only the remaining 10%, that's still more than Elliott's slice or any other single driver.
NASCAR's cut is actually MUCH larger. I've commented on this same topic ad nauseam and I hate "showing my work" but.........

Yeah. And people thought Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth were boring.

This is just for NASCAR sales. Larson sells a lot of merch at the dirt tracks.

If you factored in everything, Kyle Larson probably sells a ton more merchandise.

Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson are both boring, to be honest. The only thing about Larson is that he's the most talented driver in the history of circle track racing and he's fun to watch on track.

Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson are both boring, to be honest. The only thing about Larson is that he's the most talented driver in the history of circle track racing and he's fun to watch on track.
And that's the difference. Larson is such a talent in anything he races. And he least he smiles when we wins or runs well. Elliott looks as unexcited even when he wins.

NASCAR's cut is actually MUCH larger. I've commented on this same topic ad nauseam and I hate "showing my work" but.........
this was great information ,thanks

Back
Top Bottom