Toyota's entry into Cup making many nervous

They are assembled in America, not made. In what state are the toyter engines made? clue, tokyo isnt a state, yet.
Uh, even it it was in the US, Tokyo would still be a city, not a state.

How come no one ever complains about GM having plants in other countries that assemble cars for sale in those countries?

They are assembled in America, not made. In what state are the toyter engines made? clue, tokyo isnt a state, yet.
Most cars are global now to a degree. Look at Dodge for example. Dodge is an American brand, but is owned by an Italian company, many of their cars are built in Canada, and the Hemi engines are built in Mexico.

Uh, even it it was in the US, Tokyo would still be a city, not a state.

How come no one ever complains about GM having plants in other countries that assemble cars for sale in those countries?
Because they are clearly assembled in America, 100% of all their parts are manufactured in America, and 100% of their workers are Americans who were born in America. :rolleyes:

I don't care if it's made in Japan or the moon, but starting a factory backed spending war is not a good idea for this sport.

I don't care if it's made in Japan or the moon, but starting a factory backed spending war is not a good idea for this sport.

You know how much each manufacturer spends how? Come on man. Wasn't an issue until the hard work started paying off--only took 10 years. Chevy has won how many manufacturer championships? Driver championships? You might be surprised if you were privy to the bottom line. All of a freakin' sudden, Jack Roush (who I really like BTW) and his paranoia became relevant again. SMDH.

In 2014, Toyota won 2 races. Chevrolet won 20 ... all of this 7 years after this no longer relevant article was written.

Gibbs teams have been dominant since race 6 of 2015. It's the cyclical nature of motorsports. Not a concept easily grasped by those ignorant of the vagaries of racing ... at any level. That is the perfect description of the OP - a gentleman who would be thrilled if HMS was dominating with the 24 leading the charge.

And don't bother sending me a pm, Enchilada, because if you do, I'll paste it right into the thread.

Yes I agree Toyota is not the best for NASCAR. A single spec series like IndyCar from 2006 to 2011 would help alot.

NASCAR needs to stand up and take away the hidden advantages the Japanese manufacturer has.

PM has arrived:

"Bacon boy, stop trolling everything I post or the PM's will continue."

Pretty mild compared to previous messages from my man Enchilada. After careful consideration, I have decided to post as and when I see fit. If I suddenly disappear, fear the worst.

Factory (JGR) support from Toyota and Toyota showing support for the sport led to NASCAR making accommodations for them.

PM has arrived:

"Bacon boy, stop trolling everything I post or the PM's will continue."

Pretty mild compared to previous messages from my man Enchilada. After careful consideration, I have decided to post as and when I see fit. If I suddenly disappear, fear the worst.

So in a nutshell you are being punished by PMs ?

Because they are clearly assembled in America, 100% of all their parts are manufactured in America, and 100% of their workers are Americans who were born in America. :rolleyes:
Hmmmm, I'm guessing you dont remember the 2011 tsunami in japan. Quote from the news, " you may have trouble purchasing a toyota for the next few months" http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/autos/2011-04-25-Toyota.htm
that kinda throws a monkey wrench into your 100% theory. I will never own a toyota or any japanese car. I kinda like my American dollars circulating in America. Now if it were equal, japan imports ( Ford GM Dodge) as many cars as it exports, then I may re-think my opinion. but it isnt even close.

Hmmmm, I'm guessing you dont remember the 2011 tsunami in japan. Quote from the news, " you may have trouble purchasing a toyota for the next few months" http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/autos/2011-04-25-Toyota.htm
that kinda throws a monkey wrench into your 100% theory. I will never own a toyota or any japanese car. I kinda like my American dollars circulating in America. Now if it were equal, japan imports ( Ford GM Dodge) as many cars as it exports, then I may re-think my opinion. but it isnt even close.

It's easy for those who like Toyota to dismiss those of us who don't as 'xenophobes' or haters of 'furrin' vehicles. But it's not that at all. In addition to the trade deficits you mention, Japan also engages in currency manipulation that makes it virtually impossible for GM and Ford to compete in Japan:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ja...howdown-over-currency-manipulation-2016-05-19

Those who keep saying "Toyotas are made in America so everything's fine," show a severe lack of understanding of global markets.

If you like the American cars, that's great. If you like the foreign ones, that's great too. The more choices, the better. I for one am glad we have more than just GM, Ford, and Chrysler to choose from.

"Factory (JGR) support from Toyota and Toyota showing support for the sport led to NASCAR making accommodations for them."

Indeed. The effects of the accomodations made to ensure the Bill Davis Racing truck series Toyodas were competitive can still be felt today.

Joe Gibbs is eternally grateful.

NASCAR needs to stand up and take away the hidden advantages the Japanese manufacturer has.

I am no longer receiving those wonderful PMs from you :( ..................... u mad bro ?

A friend of mine has a way with words, my favorite was " I hope that foreign car came with a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter. At least you'll have something to eat when your unemployed' lol

A friend of mine has a way with words, my favorite was " I hope that foreign car came with a loaf of bread and jar of peanut butter. At least you'll have something to eat when your unemployed' lol
I'm sure the 30,000+ Americans that Toyota employs can afford plenty of peanut butter. :)

I'm sure the 30,000+ Americans that Toyota employs can afford plenty of peanut butter. :)
You didnt quite comprehend the joke. I'm not picking on American toyoter employees. Now, on a different note, I was wondering if the 30,000 + japanese employees working in the GM, Ford or Dodge japanese plants get the joke. Food for thought.................................

Back
Top Bottom