Trucks at Eldora --- qualifying/race thread

Reminder of the format for tonight:

• Two-lap, single-truck qualifying for starting positions in the qualifying races.
  • There will be five qualifying races. Only green flag laps count in those races.
  • The top five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying races with four locked-in trucks (top 20 in owner points) starting in each qualifying race.
  • Five trucks from each qualifying race transfer to the feature - four locked-in trucks and one non-locked-in truck.
  • The Last Chance Race’s lineup will be based on finishing position from the qualifying races. This race will be 15 laps and only green flag laps will count. The top four finishers from this race advance to the feature and will start that event in positions 26-29. The 30th starting position in the feature goes to the most recent past series champion. If the position is not filled by an eligible champion, it will go to the next highest finishing Truck from the Last Chance Race.
  • The feature race will be 150 laps and divided into segments of 60, 50 and 40 laps with competition cautions at the breaks on Laps 60 and 110.
  • Caution laps will not count during the competition cautions and positions cannot be improved on pit road. Teams that do not pit during the competition cautions will start ahead of teams that elected to pit.
  • Each qualifying race has been extended to 10 laps. Last year’s qualifying races were eight laps.
  • Pit stops during competition cautions are optional. They were mandatory last year.

Dirt. The great equalizer. Watch for JR Heffner to be a factor and do not be surprised to see Norm Benning a career best finish tonight.

So who you guys think will win tonight? I think I'm gonna take Schrader. Dillon boys will be quick again I'm sure.

Mike Joy: "you've got to work through all 5 of these heat races to get into the feature...." Ummmmm, no, that's NOT how it works Mike. You have finish in the top 5 in YOUR heat. That's it. These guys really have no clue. I wonder if MRN will be any better. Guess it's time to find out.

There's about a 20 minute gap between the end of the last heat race and the last chance race, so it appears they're trying to minimize that downtime on television by delaying the heat races.

The start of that consi looked like one of the Potomac Speedway strictly stock race, doncha think Andy?

Four cautions in a 15 lap qualifying race and counting...

I hope Annett fails to make the race.

Crap, one more Cup regular. Boooo.

They need to penalize these caution makers a lap. Too sorry for top 5 in the last chance, just spin and reset and hope for a good restart

Not sure if it was the reason why, but appeared the #82 spun to give himself another shot at the last transfer spot.

That LCQ was ridiculous. The racing has been crazy!!

Lineup?

1. Erik Jones
2. Jeb Burton
3. Ron Hornaday Jr.
4. Ryan Blaney
5. Johnny Sauter
6. Darrell Wallace Jr.
7. Joey Coulter
8. Tyler Reddick
9. Matt Crafton
10. Ken Schrader
11. Kyle Larson
12. Mason Mingus
13. Ty Dillon
14. Timothy Peters
15. T.J. Bell
16. JR Heffner
17. Gray Gaulding
18. John Hunter Nemechek
19. Austin Dillon
20. Bryan Silas
21. Ben Kennedy
22. Michael Affarano
23. Chase Pistone
24. German Quiroga
25. Korbin Forrister
26. John Wes Townley
27. Tyler Young
28. Jody Knowles
29. Norm Benning
30. Michael Annett

Cool avatar
Thanks.I took that at Pocono after the race.I had club seats just below the booth and Benny let me take the pic and even shook my hand...I sure miss him.I also have a shot of Bill Webber and if looks could kill I'da been dead.Not a very friendly guy.

Thanks.I took that at Pocono after the race.I had club seats just below the booth and Benny let me take the pic and even shook my hand...I sure miss him.I also have a shot of Bill Webber and if looks could kill I'da been dead.Not a very friendly guy.
That's awesome man.

Back
Top Bottom