Trucks at Eldora --- qualifying/race thread

ak2rt.jpg

Just caught up on DVR, great race and congrats to Bubba. I think Kyle Larson's truck was about two feet wide by the end of the race.

Ramming into the wall every. single. lap. to the point he destroyed his own truck is what y'all consider talent? :confused:
When your racing for a win at a place that has dry slicked over yes. He put every move he could on bubba to win and that's all he could do. I take it you don't know much about dirt racing or much about Kyle Larson on dirt. Bubba is good but Kyle is so much better. Oh and by the way the "Cup Regular" you kept going on about never ran in a full bodied stock car until 2012 so I wouldn't say he has the most experience.

It was a helluva race in person.Can't wait to get home and watch it on the DVR.
It sounds like you and DPK are having a great time. I'm in Sonoma this week so i didn't get to watch the race...but, it sounds like i missed a good one. You guys have a safe trip going back home.

Stewart would like to have Nationwide and Sprint Cup races at Eldora: While he's not planning for it, Tony Stewart would love for the addition of more NASCAR Racing at Eldora Speedway. Stewart, along with track general manager Roger Slack, talked about the possibilty during a press conference for the unveiling of the new infield building that will be added for the 2015 season. "I'd love for the Truck Series to not be the only NASCAR that comes here," Stewart said. "If this continues to go as well as we hope it does there's no reason that the other two divisions couldn't come possibly in the future. I think we can make it work. If you can take the trucks and make them work here, the Cup cars and Nationwide cars aren't much of a stretch from that. So it's definitely feasible to do that." The new building, which will begin to be constructed in October, will house the media center that will also double as an infield hospitality suite. The building will also be the site of the infield care center along with a concession stand with double lines. Stewart said the decision to build in the infield building had no bearing on the possibilty of getting a Nationwide of Cup Series race in the future. "This is part of the continued process of us making the commitment of improving the facility to making it bigger and better," he said. "But we are very appreciative and very content if we only run truck races from here on out. We get the privilege to keep hosting Truck races and we are very happy doing that."(Motor Racing Network)(7-24-2014)

When your racing for a win at a place that has dry slicked over yes. He put every move he could on bubba to win and that's all he could do. I take it you don't know much about dirt racing or much about Kyle Larson on dirt. Bubba is good but Kyle is so much better. Oh and by the way the "Cup Regular" you kept going on about never ran in a full bodied stock car until 2012 so I wouldn't say he has the most experience.
Kyle did a great job holding onto that truck despite repeatedly slamming it into the wall. But judging by his post-race interview, I think even he was a little ashamed of the way he was driving last night. Nobody's been that cruel to a truck since Carrie Underwood.

Hell, they need to add a dirt Bristol to the Cup schedule :D
Didn't they try the dirt at Bristol once? Seems I remember them putting dirt on the track but can't remember why they decided not to do it again.

I think it's great to see drivers like Larson who are willing to drive on the edge to win races. Makes racing exciting and fun to watch.

I didn't get to see the whole race. :( Got to lap 60, then a hellish storm blew through and knocked out power until almost 2 AM.
Storm would have been welcome had I gotten rain, but the cork in the rain gauge hasn't moved.
Sounds like I missed a good one.

I didn't see any of it but it figures I'd miss a damn good race. Dirt racin is a lot of fun, nasty after the fact but what a kick it really is. Which leads me to this, why hasn't NASCAR barnstormed the trucks and Nationwide cars into non NASCAR markets with different venues on the calender. There has to be enough independent tracks to cover a season and still mix it up year to year to keep it fresh and hold the attention of the fans.

Nothing against Kingsport, but check out a dirt track in the area instead.

Any suggestions? Only local dirt track I know of is at a motocross park in Greeneville and as far as I know it's used for testing.

I didn't get to see the whole race. :( Got to lap 60, then a hellish storm blew through and knocked out power until almost 2 AM.
Storm would have been welcome had I gotten rain, but the cork in the rain gauge hasn't moved.

That's no good. Yes it was a good one. The guide says a replay will be on Friday at 2:30 on FS1

Look up the phrase "Go big or go home" and you should see a picture from Kyle Larson's performance last night.

I stopped by your camp site twice. :mad:
LOL.
I timed that just right. :D See ya next time. :cheers:
It was TRL. It certainly was.

If someone knows a youtube for the entire race let me know...can just find snipets

Calling @ChexOrWrex

lols.

Just look at him. Only happy if he is winning. Selfish. Pisses me off that there was only couple Cup regulars last night. What bull****.

But who is gonna feed his insatiable feeder series win ego ???? poor Kyle is gonna implode:(

Back
Top Bottom