Truex Jr. To miss Friday practice and qualifying

S

Sidewayz

image.jpg

I've always like him and his old lady.. Hope she pulls through this

— Martin Truex Jr. will miss NASCAR Sprint Cup practice and qualifying session Friday at Michigan to support his cancer-stricken girlfriend.

Furniture Row Racing said Truex is skipping the sessions to be with his longtime partner and girlfriend, Sherry Pollex. She was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer.

Matt Crafton will drive Truex's No. 78 car Friday.

Truex will rejoin the team Saturday and race Sunday.

Bummer! Some good news would really be nice soon considering all this bad news we've gotten recently! Hope they get through this!

My dad recently had surgery for thyroid cancer. Cancer really sucks. Best of luck to her and I hope she pulls through.

I've lost many of family members to cancer, its horrible and quite dreadful disease.

Going through therapy... People are a lot stronger than I. I wish her the best and stay in there Martin!

Pollex... why is that name familar? Is she the daughter of somebody NASCAR-related?

Wow. My best friend has beaten ovarian cancer once before & now she's fighting it again. Its no easy road. I hope Truex's gal can muster the strength to get through it. **** cancer.

Thoughts & prayers to the both of them & their loved ones.

Hopefully she has a full recovery. Much respect for Truax taking the time off.

She posted an hour ago.....

Sherry Pollex @SherryPollex

In pre-op ready to do this!!! Praying for my surgeons hands to work their magic today!!! Thank you for all the sweet messages of love!!

@SherryPollex

I've received so many amazing and inspiring messages, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Can't tell you how much it lifts my spirits!

An up to date story on Sherry Pollex.

Martin Truex Jr., girlfriend in fight of their lives

TALLADEGA, Ala. — The pre-race kiss, a staple of the last moments between a race car driver and significant other before the green flag drops, was especially poignant in the bright Talladega Superspeedway sunshine this month for driver Martin Truex Jr. and his long-time girlfriend, Sherry Pollex.

Pollex was at a race track for only the second time since she had surgery Aug. 15 for ovarian cancer, just one week after the diagnosis that rocked Truex, his Furniture Row Racing Sprint Cup team and many of the families in the tight neighborhood of the NASCAR drivers' motorhome compound.

With a large hat protecting her head from the sun, Pollex greeted friends, some of whom were seeing her for the first time since her diagnosis and surgery. It was more of a homecoming than an occasion for talking about the hard rains that had fallen on her life.

Read the rest here.

An up to date story on Sherry Pollex.

Martin Truex Jr., girlfriend in fight of their lives

TALLADEGA, Ala. — The pre-race kiss, a staple of the last moments between a race car driver and significant other before the green flag drops, was especially poignant in the bright Talladega Superspeedway sunshine this month for driver Martin Truex Jr. and his long-time girlfriend, Sherry Pollex.

Pollex was at a race track for only the second time since she had surgery Aug. 15 for ovarian cancer, just one week after the diagnosis that rocked Truex, his Furniture Row Racing Sprint Cup team and many of the families in the tight neighborhood of the NASCAR drivers' motorhome compound.

With a large hat protecting her head from the sun, Pollex greeted friends, some of whom were seeing her for the first time since her diagnosis and surgery. It was more of a homecoming than an occasion for talking about the hard rains that had fallen on her life.

Read the rest here.
Thanks DP.

Prayers. No one should have to go through that

Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery

CHARLOTTE,N.C. – Martin Truex Jr. enters this season with a new perspective that has little to do with what happens on the track.

Sherry Pollex, Truex’s long-time girlfriend, tweeted Monday that she had completed a round of chemotherapy as she recovers from her bout with Stage III ovarian cancer. She has a year’s worth of what Truex calls “maintenance” chemotherapy but those sessions will not be as frequent.

full story here

Truex’s girlfriend passes milestone in cancer recovery

CHARLOTTE,N.C. – Martin Truex Jr. enters this season with a new perspective that has little to do with what happens on the track.

Sherry Pollex, Truex’s long-time girlfriend, tweeted Monday that she had completed a round of chemotherapy as she recovers from her bout with Stage III ovarian cancer. She has a year’s worth of what Truex calls “maintenance” chemotherapy but those sessions will not be as frequent.

full story here
We're all thinking of her. Hurry and get well.

Praying for Sherry, and Martin and families. The whole thing is sad, and many people go through this every day. It should be obvious by my having picked him (the 78 car) as one of the drivers to watch all three races, that I respect him. Go Sherry.......and go Martin, get that win! God bless you both.

Back
Top Bottom