Truex Jr. to the DEI #1 Chevy?

H

Happy29

Dale Earnhardt Inc.'s #1 is still open, but that car doesn't have a sponsor signed yet, so drivers are apparently waiting on DEI to get a sponsor before committing to that ride. Current driver John Andretti might be the leading candidate, with or without a sponsor. Or maybe a potential sponsor would want a young driver, and DEI might look in-house to Chance 2 Motorsports driver Martin Truex Jr.

I dont think anyone will commit to the #1 DEI Chevy unless they have a sponsor secured

Truex in cup this early is a horrible idea. Almost as bad as firing Steve Park from that car.

Andretti doesn't deserve that ride. He hasn't been that great in that car, just hasn't had as much bad luck as Park and Green did. And after hearing how that sorry Petty equipment was holding him back from greatness, I'm disappointed. But because his last name is more apt to attract a sponsor, he may get the ride solely for that reason.

With Scott Riggs most likely going to MB2 Motorsports, Jeremy Mayfield probably staying with Evernham, Greg Biffle staying with Roush, Truex obviously unprepared for a Winston Cup ride. I think the list for that young talent is coming up short for DEI and remember DEI is looking for a young driver.

LOL, park30fan. I didn't say I thought JA was worthy or deserving of the ride. I just think he doesn't really have a lot of opportunity out there due to his limited success. Therefore sponser or not, he'd jump at the chance.

JR during Happy Hour interview from what I think I heard was that they are committed to bringing Martin along but it didn't sound like they were going to dump him in the ride full time just yet.

Any....and I mean any.....racer out of the top 25 would probably jump at the chance to drive that car. The quality and semi-quality rides are becoming fewer and fewer with multi-car teams going in-house as they bring drivers along from the minors.

As for folks being worthy or not worthy, that is pretty cut and dried in my book. If yer in it, yer worthy and if yer not yer not. Keep it simple silly.

hey paul tracy was visiting DEI not too long ago. he could end up there and he would definetly attract a good sponser.

Back
Top Bottom