Turner Scott Motorsports Suspends Truck Series Operation

I've suggested before having the regional tours (K&N East and West) replace Nationwide or Trucks - alternating weeks (East one week, West the next) with their current schedules intact. It's a better solution than the Cup drivers and teams driving up the costs in Nationwide and Trucks.

This is devastating.

Race engineer for the #31 TSM Truck Series team just posted this on Twitter:
Troy Turnage on Twitter  Boom goes the dynamite!!! On vacation for a little while.png

This sucks. Some of the best racing in nascar can't get enough support from fans. Puzzling.

From Dave Moody's website.

UPDATE: 4:40 PM ET -- In a brief text message, Turner Scott Motorsports co-owner Harry Scott said only that "What's been reported is not true."

The trucks are on their last leg. They could barely get a full field before and now they just lost two more.

The trucks are on their last leg. They could barely get a full field before and now they just lost two more.

Three. Not to mention, the part-time drivers they field. This is a devastating blow to that series.

Time for K&N to be in the spotlight on national live television. And, for the love of God, keep them on the short tracks so the Cup drivers don't go down and destroy that series as well while they stroke their egos.

Three. Not to mention, the part-time drivers they field. This is a devastating blow to that series.

Time for K&N to be in the spotlight on national live television. And, for the love of God, keep them on the short tracks so the Cup drivers don't go down and destroy that series as well while they stroke their egos.

Man, but the trucks are so good. I do think it needs to be scaled back. Maybe not to a K&N scale, but an Arca scale.

I think a big part of the series dying is because of Cup drivers. Kyle and Harvick to a lesser extent have killed it.

More like Kyle and Kesolowski. Harvick hasn't really run in the series much lately. Kyle and Brad should stick to being owners and put some young talent behind the wheel.

Isn't it ironic though? The Truck Series is dying because of the Cup superteams - the same Cup superteams that formed the "Race Team Alliance" because the sport is getting to expensive.

freakin trolls....oh the trucks boo who hoo, I'm devistated uh waaaaa, it's all Kez's and Kyle's fault uw waaaaa uh hic uh hic. need to change it because I am such a bidness xpert... uh weeeee uh wooo.

freakin trolls....oh the trucks boo who hoo, I'm devistated uh waaaaa, it's all Kez's and Kyle's fault uw waaaaa uh hic uh hic. need to change it because I am such a bidness xpert... uh weeeee uh wooo.
I just posted a picture from the movie "Men In Black". :idunno:

Are you going to sit here and deny that the involvement of Cup superteams (most notably Gibbs, Roush and Childress) caused the costs of NASCAR's farm leagues to skyrocket? NASCAR's made attempts to curb the rise in costs and were, every single time, met with stiff resistance from the Cup superteams. Now, those same teams have formed a union to save themselves from the mess they created.

Geez Andy, you and CNN need to verify your sources.

nna Fryer
‏@JennaFryer
4m
To clarify: DK and Larson at Atlanta for Turner-Scott, Kennedy and Hayley in Canada for Turner-Scott. The end.

And here's a Turner-Scott Motorsports Statement in case you don't believe me: “Turner Scott Motorsports remains in operation and will compete in this weekend’s NASCAR events. TSM’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race teams represented by the No. 42 driven by Kyle Larson and the No. 31 driven by Dylan Kwasniewski will complete this weekend as scheduled at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
“The No. 31 driven by Ben Kennedy and the No. 32 driven by Cameron Hayley in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will compete as scheduled at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this coming Sunday.
“My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.”

But, the Race Engineer for the no. 31 team (not Hornaday's truck) confirmed he's out of a job. Obviously, there's more to this than one team shut down because of funding.

so, they shuttered 1 team and kept their best engineer, moving him over to the 31.

That team's been going downhill even since James Buescher left. So has Buescher's career.

Geez Andy, you and CNN need to verify your sources.

nna Fryer
‏@JennaFryer
4m
To clarify: DK and Larson at Atlanta for Turner-Scott, Kennedy and Hayley in Canada for Turner-Scott. The end.

And here's a Turner-Scott Motorsports Statement in case you don't believe me: “Turner Scott Motorsports remains in operation and will compete in this weekend’s NASCAR events. TSM’s NASCAR Nationwide Series race teams represented by the No. 42 driven by Kyle Larson and the No. 31 driven by Dylan Kwasniewski will complete this weekend as scheduled at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
“The No. 31 driven by Ben Kennedy and the No. 32 driven by Cameron Hayley in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will compete as scheduled at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this coming Sunday.
“My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.”

can't fix stupid or an impersonator that has to twist reality for their armageddon horse spitoo. It is a partnership problem. Partnerships almost never work in any field of business, great way to lose a friend and create an enemy. Words of wisdom young whippers. Don't kill a good friendship over a business partnership.
The early signs of trouble was when Allgaier showed up in cup, with only Harry Scott as an owner. That is one of the more common problems, one partner wants to expand and the other wants to pocket the money.

You make some of the most moronic posts I've ever seen on this forum. You have the nerve to call someone a troll? You have done nothing but disrupt in countless posts with smart ass comments since you joined. Do us all a favor and forget your password. Reply if you want, I'm putting you on ignore just like most people on this forum have.

no this is.o_O
and this:
I think a big part of the series dying is because of Cup drivers. Kyle and Harvick to a lesser extent have killed it.

none of it is even close to reality
all ya gotta do is a bit of research, cup drivers have been driving and winning races in trucks since they first started racing trucks, and they haven't lost two more either BTW. Sorry dude, I try to post the facts, not some made up trollish fairy tale

Last edited:
They're the last truck series team I thought id see to get out of the series. It's very sad, I feel for the employees at Turner Scott.

I'd like to know more about the situation though, probably more to the story than what we're hearing.

They're the last truck series team I thought id see to get out of the series. It's very sad, I feel for the employees at Turner Scott.

I'd like to know more about the situation though, probably more to the story than what we're hearing.
read Fenders post they are still racing in Trucks and Nationwide.

I'm hearing that toolboxes are being rolled out of the shop. Something is going on.
they are splitting the sheets.
My investment company, a co-owner of TSM, will continue to do all that it can to keep the team moving forward with or without our business partner Steve Turner. To all TSM employees, sponsors, partners and fans I pledge we will continue to do what we can to keep the teams racing hard each and every week of the season.

Back
Top Bottom