TV Ratings Down

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Atlanta Ratings Down

Fox's broadcast of last Sunday's Golden Corral 500 Nextel Cup race wound up as the weekend's most-watched sports event but its 5.7 rating in final Nielsen Media Research figures was off 10.9 percent from last year.

The race drew the 5.7 rating and 14 share, up from the 5.3/12 in the overnight reports from the nation's largest markets but below last year's final 6.4/16. NASCAR notes that all four Nextel Cup races this year have been the most-watched sports events on their weekends. It says an average of 6,145,000 households and 8,489,000 viewers tuned in to the Atlanta race. The Daily says Fox's three-race Nextel Cup average is 6.1/15, off 9 percent from 6.7/16 through its first three non-Daytona races last year.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Las Vegas TV numbers were also off sharply: NASCAR wants to know why

NASCAR is taking an in-depth look into why television ratings for the past two Nextel Cup races have dropped off significantly over last season.

Ratings for the March 7 race at Las Vegas on Fox were down 16 percent from 2003, while last weekend's race at Atlanta on Fox was down 10.9 percent.

"We're monitoring the TV ratings and trying to figure out what has caused the drop. We know that other sports are down as well in the last two weeks, but we want to figure out if it is more than what's our there in TV land, or if it is specific to the sport itself," said Jim Hunter, NASCAR's vice president for corporate communications.

At the track, attendance was up in the last two races. Las Vegas was a sellout and had additional seating this season and Atlanta had its largest attendance for the spring race date.

"There are so many factors that go into TV ratings that it is hard to pinpoint one or two things that affect that," Hunter said. "But we are going to look at the big picture and what happens here at Darlington.

Originally posted by kat2220@Mar 22 2004, 12:51 PM

Las Vegas TV numbers were also off sharply: NASCAR wants to know why

NASCAR is taking an in-depth look into why television ratings for the past two Nextel Cup races have dropped off significantly over last season.

Could it possibly be backlash over your stupid rules changes? Lucky dog passes, top ten playoffs, etc etc?

Naw, couldn't be that. The answer is so obvious. We need more 1.5 mile D shaped ovals. Yeah, that'll fix everything.

Take your medicine, Brian. You wanted to run the show so bad...now run it.

"Take your medicine, Brian. You wanted to run the show so bad...now run it."

Too much Prozac?

Brian wants a "New Horizon" and he has done nothing but muddy the past and our favorite sport IMHO.

I'm really getting sick and tired of having to hear about all of the "Nextel" Champions and winners of "Nextel" races. There is NO Nextel Champion as of yet, that will happen at the end of THIS season, and most of the races have NOT had a "Nextel" winner. It really peeves me that Nascar has completely dismissed Winston in EVERY respect of the sport. I guess they've forgotten who's sponsorship got them to where they are today! :angry:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum@Mar 22 2004, 01:13 PM

Naw, couldn't be that. The answer is so obvious. We need more 1.5 mile D shaped ovals. Yeah, that'll fix everything.

Bingo. ;)

Take a hint Nascar! Cookie cutters SUCK! :angry:

Well, you have all pretty much put in writing my thoughts about it, so there is nothing more that I can add. :ph34r:

What I have noticed is that most of the action happens when there is a comercial, they need less of those things!

the reason for ratings slips is because my family hasnt watched in three weeks. but when we do watch its all at least 5 tvs. sorry guys we'll get back this week.

Maybe it's mindless praddle constantly being blabbered by Larry Mac and especially DW!! :D

I think all of these rules and regulations and political correctness are scaring us rednecks away

Back
Top Bottom