Ty Majeski signs development deal with Roush Fenway Racing

I feel like Roush is where development drivers go to die. They just don't have the room in their stable to bring these guys to Cup in a timely fashion if at all, so many of them just wither away.

Roush already has a logjam of talent: Stenhouse, Bayne, Buescher, Bubba, and Ryan reed. not sure where he's gonna fit. I read so where they signed gray Gaulding too.

Roush already has a logjam of talent: Stenhouse, Bayne, Buescher, Bubba, and Ryan reed. not sure where he's gonna fit. I read so where they signed gray Gaulding too.

Majeski's gonna run ARCA races for Ruolo Brothers Racing. Gaulding's only got a two race deal with Roush. I'd be surprised if Stenhouse is still in Cup in two years. Chris Buescher's a damn good driver and hopefully he'll have a lengthy Cup career.

Well, I can't see Ryan Reed being with Roush much longer given the results....unless Lily Diabetes loves him that much that they will pay for him to be there. But I agree so many names that went with Roush, so many names that can't even get a start and park Xfinity ride these days

Speaking of Roush developmental drivers, anybody remember Todd Kluever? What ever happened to him?

Whatever happened to all the promising young up and coming drivers that were on Roush's ''Gong show''?

Eric Darnell and on and on.

Some of these young people aren't good enough. It's really that simple. Auto racing is a cruel game. Not everyone coming out of college makes it to the NBA, the NFL or Major League Baseball.

Some how out of all of them they got David Ragan

Roush is gonna have to make some tough choices. Biffle is struggling and appears to be at the end of his career, so I'm sure Buescher will take over that ride. Bayne has sponsorship and has been greatly improved this season, so Stenhouse is the one on the hot seat. If Kasey Kahne leaves the 5 maybe they put him in the 17 or bring bubba up.

Stenhouse and Bayne are stepping up. Biffle is burned out and Buescher will be up for promotion. I would lookout for Cassill to be a candidate for the 16 as well.

It all depends on how Bayne and Stenhouse finish out the year.

Seen Majeski on TV, he's definitely a keeper.

Every team goes thru a ton of developmental drivers that don't pan out. Remember when Hendrick had Boston Reid and Blake Feese?

The cream will usually rise to the top.

Stenhouse and Bayne are stepping up. Biffle is burned out and Buescher will be up for promotion. I would lookout for Cassill to be a candidate for the 16 as well.

It all depends on how Bayne and Stenhouse finish out the year.

Seen Majeski on TV, he's definitely a keeper.

Ty Majeski is the real deal.

Danny O'Quinn races Late Models at Lonesome Pine Raceway quite a bit.

That's good to hear, but to support my idea that Roush can't do anything with all these development drivers, Danny O'Quinn won the Roush "Driver X" competition, moved up to Busch/Xfinity, and now his Wikipedia page literally says he's "retired" at age 31 and nobody has really heard about him in almost ten years. Roush gives all these kids all these deals, and then they're left hanging with nowhere to go and then they disappear.

Kurt, Carl, and Matt were excellent displays of bringing kids up through the ranks successfully. Kyle Busch also won one of his Gong Shows before Hendrick got him. But the shear number of kids he was signing, literally one a year, was way out of hand when he already had five Cup teams fully booked.

That's a bad link and I can't fix it for some reason.

Last edited:
That's good to hear, but to support my idea that Roush can't do anything with all these development drivers, Danny O'Quinn won the Roush "Driver X" competition, moved up to Busch/Xfinity, and now his Wikipedia page literally says he's "retired" at age 31 and nobody has really heard about him in almost ten years. Roush gives all these kids all these deals, and then they're left hanging with nowhere to go and then they disappear.

Kurt, Carl, and Matt were excellent displays of bringing kids up through the ranks successfully. Kyle Busch also won one of his Gong Shows before Hendrick got him. But the shear number of kids he was signing, literally one a year, was way out of hand when he already had five Cup teams fully booked.

Racing is ruthless but I agree. Roush has been going overboard with the new signees for years. I gotta say though, when he finds one he likes, he REALLY latches on.

Truck Champ, Busch Champ and 19 Cup wins.

An industrial grade diamond?

Truck Champ, Busch Champ and 19 Cup wins.

An industrial grade diamond?

It's was a mediocre joke about his appearance. Ya don't have to go all racing-reference on me. :p

He has two airplanes and a helicopter ... making him much more handsome.

And Boxer dogs. Best dogs ever.

He has two airplanes and a helicopter ... making him much more handsome.

And Boxer dogs. Best dogs ever.

He once owned a bar while racing cars. That's enough right there. He's just an ugly over-achiever.

Man I remember about 10 years ago buying a Roush T-Shirt from one of the infield haulers. Edwards, Biffle, Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Mark Martin all on one team. They were so damn good and then something happened around the time they downsized to 4 cars. They went from being this powerhouse team to a what is wrong with the Roush guys. I still remember the day Mark Martin left, it felt like an end of an era and yet I was still surprised when Kenseth and Edwards left greener pastors. I don't know if the team will ever be a serious contender again but I can't fault them for lack of talent. Biffle was a pretty legit driver up until the past couple of seasons. Perhaps he has hit the natural rate of decline. Stenhouse is Nationwide/Xfinity (Not sure who was sponsoring the series then) Champion twice and Trevor Bayne is the youngest Daytona 500 winner. They have show a few strong runs this year but I still don't see them battling for wins and they are both borderline on making the chase this year which would be a big win for either Bayne or Stenhouse's career moving forward.

Man I remember about 10 years ago buying a Roush T-Shirt from one of the infield haulers. Edwards, Biffle, Kenseth, Kurt Busch and Mark Martin all on one team. They were so damn good and then something happened around the time they downsized to 4 cars. They went from being this powerhouse team to a what is wrong with the Roush guys. I still remember the day Mark Martin left, it felt like an end of an era and yet I was still surprised when Kenseth and Edwards left greener pastors. I don't know if the team will ever be a serious contender again but I can't fault them for lack of talent. Biffle was a pretty legit driver up until the past couple of seasons. Perhaps he has hit the natural rate of decline. Stenhouse is Nationwide/Xfinity (Not sure who was sponsoring the series then) Champion twice and Trevor Bayne is the youngest Daytona 500 winner. They have show a few strong runs this year but I still don't see them battling for wins and they are both borderline on making the chase this year which would be a big win for either Bayne or Stenhouse's career moving forward.

I think it's a combination of falling behind in R&D and the driver lineup. Although, Trevor Bayne's starting to record some solid performances no, so they might have it turned around.

When did we start rating drivers, or other sports stars, on how pretty they are? Are we really that shallow and inconsequential?

I feel like Roush is where development drivers go to die. They just don't have the room in their stable to bring these guys to Cup in a timely fashion if at all, so many of them just wither away.

This. They have a third rate car and an owner that is too hands on and too old to do it.

I can't think of another car owner who has moved more drivers out of a development series into a Cup car. Can you?

Where should these kids have gone if not to the Roush program? And I've already mentioned it, but it fits better here. Danny O'Quinn wasn't good enough. Not even close.

Back
Top Bottom