Vickers running some Cup races this year

H

Happy29

Brian Vickers, who will drive the #25 GMAC Hendrick Motorsports Chevy in Nextel Cup in 2004, says he has learned a lot by racing Cup drivers in the Busch Series. Currently third in the Busch standings, Vickers, 19, says his immediate goal is "to get as much experience as possible and be there at the end of the race." He will run five Winston Cup races later this season, and Peter Sospenzo will remain his crew chief.

Vicks is going to do one race that is Dega in the #60 Car

Originally posted by wlfyk62@Sep 8 2003, 05:59 PM
Vickers also going to run

Dover- I think
Dega- 60 car
LMS- 60 car
AMS- 60 Car
Homestead- 60 car

Originally posted by wlfyk62+Sep 8 2003, 06:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wlfyk62 @ Sep 8 2003, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wlfyk62@Sep 8 2003, 05:59 PM
Vickers also going to run

Dover- I think
Dega- 60 car
LMS- 60 car
AMS- 60 Car
Homestead- 60 car [/b][/quote]
While those are certainly possibilities, the ultimate decision is up to Rick Hendrick. (That is per Ricky Hendrick) ;)

Originally posted by wlfyk62@Sep 8 2003, 05:59 PM
Where did you see that? David Green is supposed to drive all 4 plate races this year in the #60.

From what I have heard the scheduleis not yet set. There have been some scheds bandied about in the media and on the net, but Vickers says the schedule is not set. The original announcement said 5.

Figure he could conceivably run 7 races this year and maintain ROTY eligibility.

Odds are not NHIS at this late date. Kansas would be tough since the Busch series is in Memphis that weekend. So you can pick and choose from the remaining 8 dates, since the Busch series is either off or running companion events on those weekends.

Green is scheduled to run the #60 car at Dega, but there could be another entry if GMAC is footing the bills, which they likely are.

Hendricks Motorsports named Brian Vickers to polit the 5th Entry car at Dega which is the Number 60 Hass Automotive car.

David Green would poilt the 6th Entry for Dega.

Notebook: Vickers may get Cup preview
By Dave Rodman, Turner Sports Interactive
September 8, 2003
11:08 AM EDT (1508 GMT)

RICHMOND, Va. -- A key member of the Hendrick Motorsports hierarchy says Brian Vickers, the latest nominee to Rick Hendrick's Winston Cup stable, should run as many as five races in NASCAR's premier series this season.

Ricky Hendrick, the owner of record of Vickers' No. 5 Chevrolet in the Busch Series, said he supported Vickers getting as much experience as he could before he appears at Speedweeks 2004 at Daytona in the Winston Cup Series.

"Brian I'm sure will run five Winston Cup events," Ricky said at Richmond International Raceway, where Vickers moved into second in the Busch Series standings with a fourth place finish Friday night. "I just don't know which ones and I don't know what car.
&nbsp;
"I have heard talk of doing five events, because if you don't use them (opportunities), you lose them. My point to dad was, 'you need to put him in a car -- somebody's car -- or one of yours.'

"That's his (Rick Hendrick's) deal to structure but I just think it would be in Brian's best interest to get him into five Cup races before he gets to Daytona."

Rick Hendrick was "a little under the weather," his son said, so was not at Richmond.

HMS has a fifth car, a No. 60 that has attempted several races with David Green as its driver, but Ricky Hendrick said he wasn't sure that was the route his father would take.

"The team's already there and it could be a possibility," Hendrick said. "Are they geared up for it? No. But neither is anything else so I honestly don't know.

"I'm sure they have some kind of plan or some kind of itinerary of where they want to go, and we'll do whatever we can to make it work."

Now, wlfyk62, would you please explain to me how you came to this conclusion?>>>>
Hendricks Motorsports named Brian Vickers to polit the 5th Entry car at Dega which is the Number 60 Hass Automotive car.

David Green would poilt the 6th Entry for Dega.

Looks like they could prepare a better car, I mean the 60 hasnt been that competitive has it. Maybe they will bring his Busch team to help out on pit road or something.

Back
Top Bottom