Vote For Rookie of the Year

Who do you think will win Rookie of the Year in 2K4?

• Brian Vickers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brendan Gaughan

• Scott Wimmer

• Scott Riggs

• Kasey Kahne

• Johnny Sauter

• Someone else

• Total voters
It's Brendan for me! :wub: (Got my t-shirt autographed by him before his 4th Texas win! :wub: :wub: :wub: )

I would like hometown boy or somewhat close to it Brendan Gaughan to win the ROTY. He's with a Penske, a very solid team that could get him started off on the right foot in Nextel Cup very easily.

I think Brendan will win the ROTY , even though I think it will be close between him and Vickers.

Originally posted by bowtie@Jan 6 2004, 11:18 AM
I think Brendan will win the ROTY , even though I think it will be close between him and Vickers.
:)

I LOVE Brendan but don't believe he has enough experience in Cup cars.

Vickers should take home the ROTY.

I think Wimmer has a better chance than Vickers...of course I'm basing this on like, two races, so it probably doesn't mean anything.

I think Kasey will win it. He'll be the #1 driver this year at Evernham Motorsports.

I went with Brian Vickers,with that superior HMS equipment helping out,the 2003 Busch Series Champion should take the 2004 ROTY honors IMHO :eek: ;)

Learned two things while reading this topic:

1.MAJ IS IN LOVE!! :wub:

2.Only one other person got it right. Scott Riggs is gonna wax 'em! :cheers:

brian vickers will win the roty and a couple of races this year my prediction

Originally posted by 24thunder@Jan 6 2004, 07:28 PM
I went with Brian Vickers,with that superior HMS equipment helping out,the 2003 Busch Series Champion should take the 2004 ROTY honors IMHO :eek: ;)
it would seem logical, but then the 2002 Busch champ had some great Roush (won the championshp) equipment and couldn't pull it out over McMurray, that's why I think Gaughan has the upper hand.

Originally posted by 24thunder@Jan 6 2004, 06:28 PM
Excellent choice....my thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by esorlxaw+Jan 6 2004, 10:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (esorlxaw @ Jan 6 2004, 10:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--24thunder@Jan 6 2004, 07:28 PM
I went with Brian Vickers,with that superior HMS equipment helping out,the 2003 Busch Series Champion should take the 2004 ROTY honors IMHO :eek:&nbsp; ;)
it would seem logical, but then the 2002 Busch champ had some great Roush (won the championshp) equipment and couldn't pull it out over McMurray, that's why I think Gaughan has the upper hand. [/b][/quote]
Rousch didn't have a Winston Cup Championship(now Nextel)till 2003,about time :lol: j/k :D

I'm going with Johnny Sauter! He can flat out drive a race car, no doubt about it. With the addition of Kevin Hamlin, he should be ready to impress.

Going with Vickers beating out a close Riggs.

Brenden will have a hard learning curve from trucks to cup cars. It took Busch a little while too after he jumped from trucks to cup without busch experience and he was with Roush. I look to see a champion contender in Brenden in 2005.

Sauter will get hammered. He has already got plenty of enemies on the track and I don't think he is ready to make the next step. Yes, Kevin Hamlin will make a difference, but how much?

Wimmer may be a surprise, or he may not be. ^_^ I don't personally see anything spectacular happening from this team.

Kasey, although one of my favorite drivers, will not be as good as I hope he could be. I think he is moving up too fast as well, but then again, everybody said the same thing about Johnson...

Who do you think will win Rookie of the Year in 2004?

Well... there is only one answer for the question....

Nobody knows! :p

The Trucks are more like Cup Cars Than Busch Cars are! Brendan has a good shot at winning this thing!

Vickers will get replaced Mid Season by Kyle Busch so I don't fore see him having a chance to win the thing!

Originally posted by rajflyboy@Jan 7 2004, 05:30 AM
Vickers will get replaced Mid Season by Kyle Busch so I don't fore see him having a chance to win the thing!
:lol: :rolleyes:

I just Couldn't Resist Throwing this out there! I have seen both of these guys run and No Doubt Kyle has more talent than Vickers!

Hot damn, I actually agree with rajflyboy on something. Vickers will probably end like Atwood did, coming into Cup with all this hype, young age, well-known team owner, the 25 will be put behind the 24 and 48 on Hendrick Motorsports checklist. Oh and we all know what happened to Atwood.

Sadly, I have to to agree as well, Vickers just hasn't shown me anything, he barely won the Bsuch series.

Well I don't think Vickers title means much when he's driving for a Winston Cup operation in Busch. Those teams have a substantially bigger amount of money sunk in their team than a real Busch team like Brewco or PPC. I even saw Richard Childress on Trackside say he spent as much money on his Busch operation as he does on his Cup operation. I don't doubt that the all the other Cup teams do as well, that have Busch teams.

I think Wimmer has the most talent of the lot, but doesn't have the backing of Vickers or Sauter. My choice...Vickers.

Brendan has Penske >> who just won a Rookie of the year battle in 02 >> Don't count the wild man from Vegas out of it!!

That's what I'm screamin'...and i've got to stop agreeing with you.

Kasey, although one of my favorite drivers, will not be as good as I hope he could be. I think he is moving up too fast as well, but then again, everybody said the same thing about Johnson...

Johnson didn't win ROTY honors though,He did have 3 point wins compared to Ryan Newman's 1 win,but Jimmie fell a little short in the points :mellow: Seems that most times recently the ROTY winner has fewer wins than the runner-up does ;)

Originally posted by 24thunder@Jan 7 2004, 07:50 PM

Johnson didn't win ROTY honors though,He did have 3 point wins compared to Ryan Newman's 1 win,but Jimmie fell a little short in the points :mellow: Seems that most times recently the ROTY winner has fewer wins than the runner-up does ;)
I was referring how Johnson performed in Cup compared to how he performed in the Busch cars. Yes, he didn't win ROTY, but was very close and I think he surprised everybody with his rookie season anyways.

Kahne hasn't had a very good busch career IMO, bouncing from the Yates #98 machine to the #38 which I believe still had Yates support. The Cup cars in the Yates stables performed like crap last year and it may have effected the busch program, so that could be the reason we didn't see a lot of good runs by Kahne. I think Kahne will be running both series next year, and that could be a huge benefit for both programs.

Originally posted by 24thunder@Jan 7 2004, 10:50 PM
Johnson didn't win ROTY honors though,He did have 3 point wins compared to Ryan Newman's 1 win,but Jimmie fell a little short in the points

Just had to add that he didnt have as much points in the roty system but was 1 position ahead of him in wc points. :dual9mm:

Ur right smack500,that's strange isn't it?Those points I mean :eek:

66mustang,I must have misunderstood Ur earlier post,I get it now,finally :lol:

Back
Top Bottom