Was Sunday's race the 1st time on Rf that Everybody agreed noone liked??

No...I enjoyed the race overall. There was a lot of strategy and a decent amount of passing outside the top-5 (NBC rarely showed any of it, but if you paid close attention to the scoring ticker you would have realized it).

Racing at this track greatly benefits from long green flag runs and I think what "ruined" the race were the excesive cautions in the last 50 laps because it eliminated most strategies that certain drivers were on. The cautions killed all chances of anyone beating Busch.

No...I enjoyed the race overall. There was a lot of strategy and a decent amount of passing outside the top-5 (NBC rarely showed any of it, but if you paid close attention to the scoring ticker you would have realized it).

Racing at this track greatly benefits from long green flag runs and I think what "ruined" the race were the excesive cautions in the last 50 laps because it eliminated most strategies that certain drivers were on. The cautions killed all chances of anyone beating Busch.
The second caution killed the Penske strategies around lap 82 or so. After that, everyone only needed one more stop, and the remaining distance pretty much assured they'd all stop around the same time. Alternate strategies liven up the first half somewhat, but they were dead long before the final cautions started flying.

Oh, but I agree that there were people who enjoyed this race. Some of them weren't even Kyle Busch fans. :D

Back
Top Bottom