Watkins Glen RACE thread

Yeehaw, can't wait for some more post-race coverage...

Oh, more Tony Stewart stuff.

Way to go AJ!! He earned every bit of that one. After all the adversity he's faced the last couple years I'm happy for him. Good guy. Good driver. Happy for Daughty. Disappointed for Ambrose though. Hope he sticks around cause the man is an exceptional driver. Hella entertaining race.

Atleast Ricky Craven is a part of the crew...

If sporting events weren't broadcast on their network I would never watch ESPN for one second. They make me want to regurgitate. Bunch of classless gutless TMZ vultures. I'd love to punch the crap outta the producers and and editors who okay this ****. **** every last one of them.

ESPN has never cared about NASCAR this much

Ambulance chasers. They don't want Nascar on there network and last night they showed no interest even covering this story until Kevin Ward was pronounced dead. Now they have it as there main story, and show a replay of the accident every hour. Just last week Paul George of the Indiana Pacers broke his foot in a basketball game but they proclaimed that to graphic to be seen, but suddenly they can show a kid getting hit and killed by a car every hour. Pathetic excuse of journalism.

Nice to see Roger come to congratulate AJ in VL

I'm with you, brother.

The race itself was really good, we had an amazing battle with some incredible driving at the end between two road course aces, we got a first time winner, and it couldn't have come at a better time.

Actually freed my mind up from the tragic event that occurred last evening. There was some great racing going on and that's what it's all about.

My brother, who is the farthest thing from a NASCAR fan, called me just now and told me that this was the best NASCAR race he's ever seen and if they had more road courses he would be an avid fan.

Well there it is..

On February 18, 1979, a major snowstorm bogged down parts of the northeast and the midwest which, it is thought, greatly increased the number of viewers of the 1979 Daytona 500.

Although Richard Petty won the race, it was a crash and subsequent fight between race leaders Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison, along with Donnie's brother Bobby, that brought national publicity to NASCAR and, by many accounts, caused a surge in NASCAR'S popularity.

I may be proven wrong, but I think it's quite possible that Saturday night's tragic incident in upstate New York might have caused a significant increase in the number of viewers of what turned out to be a highly entertaining race at Watkins Glen.

It will be interesting to see if there's any measureable increase in NASCAR's fanbase following the events of this weekend.

On February 18, 1979, a major snowstorm bogged down parts of the northeast and the midwest which, it is thought, greatly increased the number of viewers of the 1979 Daytona 500.

Although Richard Petty won the race, it was a crash and subsequent fight between race leaders Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison, along with Donnie's brother Bobby, that brought national publicity to NASCAR and, by many accounts, caused a surge in NASCAR'S popularity.

I may be proven wrong, but I think it's quite possible that Saturday night's tragic incident in upstate New York might have caused a significant increase in the number of viewers of what turned out to be a highly entertaining race at Watkins Glen.

It will be interesting to see if there's any measureable increase in NASCAR's fanbase following the events of this weekend.

I believe that definitely had something to do with viewership. In my brothers case though, he watched because on Friday I told him he wouldn't regret it if he watched. He somewhat kept the promise and watched bits and pieces and the last 10 laps entirely..

Cut face off for anonymity
View attachment 14179

10448646_10204670272222411_7332776643284290986_o.jpg

One of the three I caught today. This one was 23inches. The biggest was 27inches.

Just watched the last half of this race again... What a barnburner.

Also realized how professional Brad Daugherty was during the closing laps. He didn't show too much bias, during the last red flag he talked about how healthy Kurt Busch and Carl Edwards were looking towards the end, talking about how they were in the catbird seat with the guys up front racing so hard.. For a man that always gets very excited he was very professional and he impressed me. He's really grown on me through the years and I hope he sticks with us.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom