WE HAVE THE BEST RACING SERIES (plural) IN THE WORLD!

sdj

Just a race fan

Hands down # 1.
We have (2) 2.5 miles tracks, we have several 1.5 mile tracks, we have 3/4 miles tracks, we have a 1 mile track, we have 1/2 mile tracks, we have very hard road courses with elevation changes from hell.

We have young drivers, veterans, all ages competing, From 18 to their 50's and a couple of 60 and 70 yrs old show up from time to time.

All racing done in trucks or cars over 3000 pounds with Naturally aspirated V-8 push rod engines and manual clutches hooked to a Ford 9" rear end using truck arms out of old Chevy pickups and A frame front suspensions.

Racing from an average lap speed of 85 to 90 to way over 200 MPH with the same basic car.
Most Drivers are approachable, friendly and down to earth with mostly good family values.

We start the races with Showing our nations colors, a prayer and the most beautiful national anthem in the world where our drivers and crews put their hand over their heart and stand at attention during the singing of the anthem.

There is no other series in the world like this, all American made in the USA and enjoyed by Millions

I for one hope this Series is with us for a long long time.

I write this as a reminder to all of us what a great Racing Series Nascar is.

Last edited:
You can call me a troll all you want, I even live pretty close to a bridge, but you're the one who pointed out the minor flaws in sdj's post.

I love this sport, not sure why, I didn't grow up in a racing family or even one that watched it causally. But there's something awesome about the whole thing and I'm sure glad I found it. Forums like these have a much bigger impact on new and younger fans than most posters realize, the image being projected isn't always very welcoming.

All racing done in trucks or cars over 3000 pounds with Naturally aspirated V-8 push rod engines and manual clutches hooked to a Ford 9" rear end using truck arms out of old Chevy pickups and A frame front suspensions.
Despite the stone age architecture, the cars are beautifully executed and prepared, and they are effective racing tools for the drivers to demonstrate their skill. Especially now that Nascar seems to be discovering the key to managing aerodynamics in a way that puts the race back in the drivers' hands.

I like that the competitive focus is on racing, man against man and team against team, rather than a focus on engineering expertise as is found in many racing series.

I like the deep fields, with 15 to 20 potential winners every week. And the guys that win most often are the guys that earn it the best... excellent preparation, hard driving with great skill, smart strategies, and willingness to take a risk for the win.

I love this sport, not sure why, I didn't grow up in a racing family or even one that watched it causally. But there's something awesome about the whole thing and I'm sure glad I found it.
Me too. Not sure where my gear head nature came from, but it has been there from a very young age. Welcome to R-F.

The best racing series is the one that you like the most and I like NASCAR the most.

Reactions: sdj
There are worse series. There are better.

What other series comes to your home at least 36 Times a year with camera shots of amazing things from numerous drivers, track angles, in-depth interviews, video feed from all over the cars and inside the cars. They even talk to the Drivers and you can listen to a lot of the drivers while they are racing, way cool. This is racing at it's highest level in the world of stock car racing in the USA.

Yes there are other series and I enjoy a lot of them as well, but, for a series with 40 bad ass hot rods week in and week out, this is the one.

Back
Top Bottom