what do you think, Jeff Gordon

de7xwcc

Anarchist
Don't know if it OK to cut and paste here but thought this was intresting

Angry NASCAR Star Gordon Stranded At Local Airport
Racing Icon: 'Your Job Sucks'
CINCINNATI -- Jeff Gordon was in the Tri-State Thursday night, apparently for a business dinner, but it was a WLWT Eyewitness News 5 photographer who was on the business end of the NASCAR star's anger.

The small plane he was in had some engine trouble as it was trying to land at Lunken Airport at about 6 p.m. Thursday, WLWT Eyewitness News 5's Jonathan Hawgood reported. Hawgood and photographer Pat Story went to the airport to cover that aspect of the story.

But when they got there, the plane already had landed safely and Gordon made it to his dinner. A short time later, he emerged from the airport restaurant. And if you think Gordon is an aggressive racer on the NASCAR circuit, try talking to him a couple hours after a few tense moments in the air, Hawgood reported.

"Apparently, they had a light come on that indicated an engine fire," Cincinnati Fire Department spokesman Mike Fehring said.

Fehring was among the crew called to meet the plane after pilots made an emergency landing. He said if there was a fire, it was deep in the engine, and wasn't throwing out smoke.

"(Gordon) is probably a little bit out of his control, but he'll live to race another day," Fehring said.

When Hawgood tried to talk to Gordon after his dinner, he wasn't interested. But then he took disinterest to an interesting level:

Gordon: "What the (expletive) is wrong with you?"
Story: "I'm just doing my job."
Gordon: "Well, your job sucks."

Fehring added that Gordon wasn't only in a foul mood toward local media.

"We tried to talk to him, but he seemed a little bit irritated," he said. "I imagine he had a big day. He was in town for obviously some business, and that's not a good way to end the day."

Gordon got on a different plane and headed out of town after his dinner, Hawgood reported.

Good for him! And, the reference the reporter made to the expletive that Jeff dropped on camera, well it was bleeped out, so no big deal! I hope that that reporter and cameraman never have a mic and camera stuck in their face right after the plane they are on has to make an emergency landing! :angry:

Good for Jeff!!
Atleast he didn't deck the guy, I probably would have.

I really have to wonder what the exchange was with the reporter before Gordon asked his question. That sounds like a question which could have been asked after the reporter took his stupidity to an interseting level.

Gordon was trying to walk away from the reporter and indicating he did not choose to be interviewed. The reporter continued to invade Gordon's private space and during Gordon's personal and private time.

The reporter can paint the picture any way he chooses (one advantage the press has is, they have the last word) but at least the cameraman was apologetic. And justifiably so. Too bad the reporter didn't follow suit.

This is one time a NASCAR driver can not nor should not be cesured for inappropriate language.

That is not the image that Brian France is trying to foster in NASCAR. A $50,000 fine, 50 points and a two race suspension at least should be forthcoming.

:cuckoo:

Originally posted by Whizzer@Mar 19 2004, 12:43 PM
Gordon was trying to walk away from the reporter and indicating he did not choose to be interviewed. The reporter continued to invade Gordon's private space and during Gordon's personal and private time.

The reporter can paint the picture any way he chooses (one advantage the press has is, they have the last word) but at least the cameraman was apologetic. And justifiably so. Too bad the reporter didn't follow suit.

This is one time a NASCAR driver can not nor should not be cesured for inappropriate language.
Thank YOU Whiz!

As usual, you seem to know how to put things in perspective!

Humph..... well, it sounds like my Jeffy has been hangin' around with some redneck stockcar drivers. Umm-humm, you know who they are.
357.gif

Well, if anyone seriously thinks he should be fined or if Nascar actually fines him (which they won't and shouldn't) it will open the door for teams to hire an obnoxious reporter to go after a driver they are competing against, just to get them ticked off and curse or worse, just so they can be fined and/or docked points. Ridiculous.

"Don't know if it OK to cut and paste here but thought this was intresting"

Hey lots of us do it!

this comment from Jeff Gordon today about the incident...

"I certainly said some things I shouldn't have said," Gordon said. "Somebody sort of egged me on and it is what it is. I can't take it back. You just learn from it."

Short, sweet and to the point.

Originally posted by 4xchampncountin@Mar 20 2004, 08:42 PM
this comment from Jeff Gordon today about the incident...

"I certainly said some things I shouldn't have said," Gordon said. "Somebody sort of egged me on and it is what it is. I can't take it back. You just learn from it."

Short, sweet and to the point.
At lease he didn't cuss & get fined!

I'm just glad he didn't hit the guy. Jeff has certainly had his share of trouble the last few years. I don't think he needs any more legal trouble. ^_^

Way to go Jeff....reporters have to be the ruddest people on earth! :p

Back
Top Bottom